It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isn't this how the Walking Dead began? Zombie apocalypse is NOW!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   
So...this was an interesting story from this morning. I believe this is how the Walking Dead began.....wonder what they will find in this case. Either way, I would hate to have been on this flight!!!! Just in time for Halloween!

Source

A man has died on board an Aer Lingus flight from Lisbon to Dublin after reportedly being restrained when he became agitated and bit a man, Irish police said.

Officers were investigating after the flight was diverted to Cork when the captain declared a “medical emergency”. According to an RTE report, the man became unwell and then fell unconscious after being restrained on the Sunday night flight.

It is not known exactly when he died, but police said he was pronounced dead at the scene when the aircraft landed at Cork shortly before 6pm. He was reportedly unaccompanied on the flight.

RTE reported that a second man was taken to hospital and that the estimated 170 passengers and crew on board the plane were being questioned. The passengers were due to be taken to Dublin by bus on Sunday night.

So...anyone else get a zombie vibe here? Man is agitated, bites another passenger then dies before the plane lands. If I was the guy that was bitten I would be losing it a little right now.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Appears someone else already has a thread on this....

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

There are no such things as zombies,why people peddle this crap is beyond me.
Do you believe in leprechauns and unicorns too and look for a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow??

My head hurts just reading this garbage.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

I don't believe the OP said it was a zombie, only that it happens to match the popular meme.

"Agitated person" ... "bites others" ... "dies" ...

There was a movie about it.

Of course, it's not real zombies, but the story could give someone that idea couldn't it?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   

From what I remember, the Walking Dead began with Rick getting shot in the chest and falling into a coma. Maybe you remember differently.

Though as far as this guy being a zombie? Nah. That's impossible. Though if it did happen, considering how humans ACTUALLY decompose, zombies would likely fall apart within a few months anyways.
edit on 19-10-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I don't recall it being part of the Walking Dead story line. I do recall a different TV show that started (first episode) with a plane landing with all the passengers turned to jelly of some sort. Can't remember the name of that series, though.

Edit: Perhaps the series I'm thinking of was "The Strain"? Just popped in to my head...
edit on 19-10-2015 by kreinhard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
As i said on the other thread, its likes a bad reaction to pcp or another recreational drug.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

I would go more towards the "Quarantine" movies. The second one actually starts out on a plane.

Also it's not about zombies but a lab created strain of rabies. Which is more realistic and makes it a hell of a lot more terrifying if you ask me.

edit on 19-10-2015 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Tomorrow there should be a clearer picture, I hope. Could not find much yet.

a reply to: kreinhard
No the strain was a plane full of "dead" people, except for the four people that woke up again before being overtaken by "the strain".

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Though if it did happen, considering how humans ACTUALLY decompose, zombies would likely fall apart within a few months anyways.

Maybe since the body is in motion it wouldn't as fast? To have motion there would be electrical pulses which would keep the bacteria fungus and molds at bay?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Buyin my Zombie kit now.....

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

oxygen deficiency, due to blood cloth during flight? Irrational behavior, brain goes into flight or fight mode..

Just maybe, im just lending a theory

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Apparently he was travelling with a Portuguese woman smuggling amphetamine... Sounds more like the Bath Salts episodes now...

Cork police arrested a 44-year-old Portuguese woman traveling with the man after discovering five pounds of suspected amphetamine powder in her suitcase.
Source

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

What they didn't say was WHEN he was pronounced dead... Turns out, it was BEFORE HE BOARDED

edit on 10/19/2015 by PsychoEmperor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

It was the The Strain Season 1 Episode 1 : Night Zero

When a plane lands in New York City with everyone on board dead, Dr. Ephraim Goodweather, head of the CDC’s Canary Project, and his team are called upon to investigate. Harlem pawnbroker Abraham Setrakian races to the airport, convinced that what looks at first like a mysterious viral outbreak might be the beginning of something infinitely more sinister.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Um, yeah. Just because they don't appear in your reality doesn't make them nonexistent. Get over yourself. You are a drop of water in and endless river flowing to the sea of life.

Rabies can cause the zombie effect. Voracious humans, just this side of death, attacking others; a bite to a fellow passenger on a long distance flight, in closed quarters...

I resonate with this as I just returned from a long distant flight. My partner, having chosen the window seat, has a raging respritory infection, which hit him shortly after deboarding the plane.

A lot of germs thriving aboard the various forms of public transport these days.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: bonsaihorn

And the disinfo goons begin to work.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Please add comments to the existing thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join