It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Billy The Kid Photo Found

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Don't know if this has been posted as search is on the fritz. Also couldn't figure out the proper forum so I stuck it here. Sorry Mods, but you might have to move it.

NatGeo had a program this evening and the photo in question was told it's worth five million dollars, more than the first photo which was 2.3 million.

All we have is what's his name's word(the dude who killed him, I forget) that the first photo is him but if that is true then the second photo and the research and evidence seems to support not only is it from that time frame but it actually is Billy and what's left of the Regulators.

Sorry, no links as the show just aired a couple hours ago. I don't believe, as far as I can remember, that this changes anything but it's a hell of a cool find. There will probably be quite a bit of debate about it as always happens.

If the first pic is real then I believe the second is also but I'm no expert. I expected a non-conclusive verdict as these shows almost always seem to be yet the conclusion here was that it is truly a picture of The Regulators playing croquet. Possibly staged that way but really them in the picture.

BTK(now that's kinda sick, never realized his initials were that) is one hell of a story. I've seen a few docs on him and still don't know the truth.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
No links? It's not that hard to find this stuff with a simple Google search.

Here's the entire photo: i2.wp.com...

A detail of the photo: www.pressherald.com...

A close detail: www.inforum.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Yeah...very cool pic. There is a thread on it...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I wanted to watch the NatGeo special but wasn't able to. I think it really is him and pretty amazing that this was found.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: glitchinthematrix

Never pegged Billy as a croquet kind of guy...thanks for the links.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Great photo. He has that same look which is a cross of a scared kid and an impudent little bastard. This should be in a thread about history, we have been asking admin for one on this thread.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: glitchinthematrix

Yeah, sorry. I was tired and ready for bed when I posted. The info on the show said it was 2015 but not which day it was aired so I didn't spend the time looking. If there was a existing thread I figured it would have been done better.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
Don't know if this has been posted as search is on the fritz. Also couldn't figure out the proper forum so I stuck it here. Sorry Mods, but you might have to move it.

NatGeo had a program this evening and the photo in question was told it's worth five million dollars, more than the first photo which was 2.3 million.

All we have is what's his name's word(the dude who killed him, I forget) that the first photo is him but if that is true then the second photo and the research and evidence seems to support not only is it from that time frame but it actually is Billy and what's left of the Regulators.

Sorry, no links as the show just aired a couple hours ago. I don't believe, as far as I can remember, that this changes anything but it's a hell of a cool find. There will probably be quite a bit of debate about it as always happens.

If the first pic is real then I believe the second is also but I'm no expert. I expected a non-conclusive verdict as these shows almost always seem to be yet the conclusion here was that it is truly a picture of The Regulators playing croquet. Possibly staged that way but really them in the picture.

BTK(now that's kinda sick, never realized his initials were that) is one hell of a story. I've seen a few docs on him and still don't know the truth.
Star for you ,as Billy is one of my favorite wild west figures.

He stood for the little guys against the the rich, powerful and corrupt cattle ranchers at the time.

Also his initials are WHB.(William H. Bonney)

Very cool post,BTW.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyeddie68

I've seen two really good docs on Billy and still wonder about anything being the truth in this story. It's similar to the shootout at the O.K. Corral, which didn't even happen at the corral, or the murder of Wild Bill Hickok(there are two bars that claim it was where it happened and only one can be right) as far as wild west stories go.

That era, in that area of the country, IMO, is vastly misunderstood. But myth always outweighs the truth.

new topics

top topics

join