It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aer lingus flight: Man attacks/bites passengers, dies onboard plane

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow

Umm yea no...I'm in a country that wouldn't let me bring my guns.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
zombie apocalypse is under way!

This is pretty strange, I wonder would could cause a person to freak out and bite people.. Maybe rabies?

Yeah maybe Rabies.

Sounds like the symptoms anyway.

Should be easy enough to tell if he had it or not...but if not Rabies, what? A nutter?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
a reply to: mr-lizard

Oh gods.

And we have a black president like in all the apocalyptic movies. Aw crap.

Don't worry about it...just get on a boat.

Zombies aren't great swimmers!

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
www.irishtimes.com...

Post mortem due soon. The man was a 24 year old student from Brazil.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I had to click on this title mainly because of "man attacks and bites passengers" by Mr Lizard.

Strange indeed.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Maybe he was a Rabid Drug Mule Zombie?

This isn't the kind of news you hear every day, hopefully we'll hear the cause behind this instead of just being another news story that gets buried under celebrity sex scandals, what celebrities are wearing and what colour Kim Kardashian's turd is this week.

My thoughts go out to the poor bitey fellow and his family...

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

originally posted by: Abysha

Oh gods.

And we have a black president like in all the apocalyptic movies. Aw crap.

Don't worry about it...just get on a boat.

Zombies aren't great swimmers!

Just remember not to drop anchor though...

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Portuguese news sources are saying that Irish police said it was a 25 years old Portuguese man.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Perhaps he thought the other passengers would taste better than the food
. Seriously though, dead weird. They won't hang around doing that post mortum, we should know something soon.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   
One Portuguese newspaper says that "he felt unwell and became aggressive, having been detained by the crew near the exit of the bathroom close to the last rows of the plane".

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Please be a zombie

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Portugal recognised Brazil's independence in 1825.

What was he doing flying Aer lingus?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower
Portugal recognised Brazil's independence in 1825.

That's irrelevant.

What was he doing flying Aer lingus?

Moving from one country to the other, I suppose.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I did a little scoping of the webz about human rabies.

Initial symptoms
The initial symptoms of rabies are often vague and it can be easy to mistake them for other, less serious, types of infection. They include:
•fever
•headache
•feeling generally unwell
•feeling scared or anxious

Around half of people also experience pain and a tingling sensation at the infection site.
Advanced symptoms

Initial symptoms of rabies last for two to 10 days before more severe symptoms start to develop. These typically include aggressive behaviour, hallucinations, agitation and producing lots of saliva.
www.nhs.uk...

What are the signs and symptoms of rabies?

The first symptoms of rabies may be very similar to those of the flu including general weakness or discomfort, fever, or headache. These symptoms may last for days.

There may be also discomfort or a prickling or itching sensation at the site of bite, progressing within days to symptoms of cerebral dysfunction, anxiety, confusion, agitation. As the disease progresses, the person may experience delirium, abnormal behavior, hallucinations, and insomnia.

The acute period of disease typically ends after 2 to 10 days. Once clinical signs of rabies appear, the disease is nearly always fatal, and treatment is typically supportive.

Disease prevention includes administration of both passive antibody, through an injection of human immune globulin and a round of injections with rabies vaccine.

Once a person begins to exhibit signs of the disease, survival is rare. To date less than 10 documented cases of human survival from clinical rabies have been reported and only two have not had a history of pre- or postexposure prophylaxis.

CDC

Other links

Wisegeek.com; What are Symptoms of Rabies in Humans?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Apparently there was a woman that was arrested with two kilos of a "powdered substance", so it looks like the drug trafficking possibility is getting stronger.

Edit: I forgot the link.

Edit 2: They say the woman is Portuguese.
edit on 19/10/2015 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Somehow I missed this thread in a search and started a topic as well.....whoops

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
First thought was this was going this was going to be some sort of viral marketing for Fear the Walking Dead Flight 462. Sounds to me like acute drug induced psychosis followed by cardiac arrest. International flight, 24 year-old; maybe a drug mule who had a balloon/condom/whatever rupture.

What I immediately went to.

Likely a bad reaction to pcp or some other low quality junk.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I'll go with a bath-salts type drug and maybe the drug mule thing.

originally posted by: Forensick
To be honest, it could already be a zombie apocalypse out there, every one on my train are just staring into their iPhone, me included. Although no one is biting me yet.

The zombies who drive are the worst.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
He bit one passenger.

Star / flag whores are indeed sad lifeforms...

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
E 'bola zombies? Where did he originate before that flight out of Lisborn? Was he in contact with the ebola virus? Was he dead before the bite?

Didn't have time to read article but Lisbon you say? When I was going to school in Spain we used to take like a one hr ferry and be in Tangiers. Cheap drugs there and I think a major stop for speed coke heroin well, everything really. So I know Spain and Portugal offer more than ferries to Morocco but his behavior plus the flight originating from somewhere in Iberia equalsI like the drug mule explanation mentioned in the first few posts. My gosh I'll have to go back and check who said it cuz he/she is either real fast at logical type puzzles or I'm a bonehead and just ignorant of this drugs opening in live mule cause for psychosis cuz if I'd thought of that it would have taken days.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join