It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have not lost hope

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Hell I think our best days are ahead of us.

Humanity in my opinion is going through its growing pains, it will be ultimately up to us to decide wether we go out with a whimper or go and conquer the freaking galaxy. In our short history of existence we have managed to explore every planet in our solar system and right now we have probes entering interstellar space.

Remember folks just a hundred years or so ago we didn't even have airplanes, so who knows what awesome things we could accomplish if just for once we put our differences aside and pooled our collective intellect to better our species and to save the beautiful planet we call home.

I do not let stupid politicians dictate how I feel about life, we all have a choice to whether or not watch TV, have a cellphone or go shop at wal mart or use Facebook.... no one puts a gun to our head and force us to do that stuff.

If you want to eat organic food there are organic markets that sell that kind of food.
If you want to eat the cattle that you raised then you can buy cattle and raise them and slaughter them yourself
If you don't like watching TV...guess what? You don't have to!
Don't life Facebook? Simple..don't use it!
Don't like cellphones! Simple! Don't get one.

Come on folks are you all that mentally weak that you let some corrupt politicians make you feel hopeless?

I think that a lot of you would love to live out a post apocalyptic fantasy of yours, but I think most of you would love to come back to reality once you realized that help wouldn't come from anywhere if you or your family got sick or if your family got assaulted by a group of thugs.

When I think about how far humanity has come from just a thousand years ago...it just blows my mind all of the stuff we have accomplished.

The progress we have made in the medical field is astonishing...right now we can treat a lot of cancers and make them go into remission. That was impossible just a few decades ago.

Who knows what the future holds for us? Are we going to let some petty disagreements be the demise of our species or are we going to put them aside and go conquer the stars?

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I really do want to believe it will get better, I do, but at this point it looks like we're going to either destroy the planet or ourselves before we ever make it into space or onto other planets. We can't even take care of our own planet, what makes you think we'd take care of others? We'd go to another planet, see all its resources then have dollar signs in our eyes and start exploiting it just like we've done with this one.

Maybe you're right though, I hope so at least.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
We are losing our rights faster than we have in recent memory. Our government spends billions to spy on its own citizens. Europe is about to collapse and there are wars being fought throughout the Middle East.

There are a lot of things to be excited about, but it seems with every technological advance we lose more of our humanity. The younger generation actually has withdrawal symptoms if they have to spend too long away from their electronic devices.

I am not saying it is all bad, but I don't think it is about to get better. Hopefully we will fight back as citizens against overbearing and overreaching governments and take back our rights and freedoms.

Right now individual liberty is a thing of the past. If you watch Star Trek it is like the Borg Collective is trying to assimilate anything and everything and wants to snuff out any bit of individuality that is left.

It is all about one big homogeneous society that thinks and acts as one. People were never meant to live like that...individuality is the key to happiness as is the freedom to express ourselves.

I do appreciate your positive outlook, but I just don't see it right now.
edit on 2015/10/18 by Metallicus because: Corrected Auto-correct

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

LOL

A for effort but this isn't 1986 anymore and from the look of things, it will never be again.

The maniacs have taken over the asylum. The Negative forces in the world have never been stronger and at home 50% of our population are asleep or have bought into the Neville Chamberlain affect and cannot even bring themselves to wake up and admit that evil is taking over this world and they will do nothing to stop it. Hell, they support it directly and indirectly with their Willful Ignorance.

edit on 18-10-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I believe many of the problems in our society are self correcting. They are currently artificially sustained and will collapse on themselves. You can't just look at whats happening in the moment, you have to look at the patterns and cycles that play out thru out history. The problems of today become the crusade of the next generation.

There is hope.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Wait until we get a leader.

This Country will do amazing things again.

The future is bright.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

I think you are correct unfortunately I have some really bad news for you

HUMANITY WILL EVENTUALLY BE FINE

YOU

WILL NOT BE FINE

Your life will probably end badly during the end of birth pangs

Don't get me wrong you too will be fine once you cross over but how you cross will not be fine in the slightest

top topics

join