It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proposal for different ways to view threads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
So, I don't know the programming behind this, but I think we should be able to view threads in different ways.

The way we do now, obviously.

Sort them by stars. Stars mean the members find the posts important, and sometimes when a thread has fifty pages, it'd be better to be able to sort this way. Especially when concerning breaking news, but really anywhere.

Sort them by replies, rather than chronological, so we can see a full conversation instead of have to go through many pages. This would be a quality of life improvement I'd think. Show dialogue between people that are replying to the same posts - think of it like a texting conversation, you'd just break it up into different groups.

Anyways, just an idea! Move this thread if it doesn't belong here, delete it if this type of request doesn't belong anywhere.

Cheers ats

Deadlyhope

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Sort them by stars. Stars mean the members find the posts important

I agree with, and like your idea of sorting by replies, but I disagree with this. I think most people "star" the poster and not the comment. I've seen some pretty inane comments, and even outright lies that have garnered dozens of stars. I think both the star and flag reward needs to be revisited.

But I do hate when someone on page 7 replies to someone on page 2 and doesn't quote them, you have no idea what is being said

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

I like it...perhaps even it is just a subtext,so we can see easily the conversation instead of having to try and piece it together...

edit on 19-10-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: mymymy

Stars are definitely used for different reasons. It'd be most helpful on threads like "developing situations in the middle east, updates to come" though I suppose the reply sorting would help with that as well.

top topics

join