It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fatal shooting at Zombie-themed festival

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I just saw this on our local news website here in NZ.Not alot of info yet but I thought I would have seen it on ATS but had a look and nothing.Here is the link and the info from the New Zealand Herald.
www.nzherald.co.nz...

One person is dead and at least four others are wounded after a shooting at a zombie-themed street festival in Florida.

The suspect is still believed to be at large with Fort Myers police confirming on Twitter an investigation is underway.

FMPD is currently investigating a shots fired incident that occurred during the Zombicon event in Downtown Fort Mye... pic.twitter.com/s0HYvQ5zWS
— Fort Myers Police (@fortmyerspolice) October 18, 2015

Fatal shooting at Zombie-themed festival

Well guys,sorry if its been covered,but this doesnt look good,shooter still on the loose,and of all things,a shooting at a festival.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
No word of the area on lockdown or a manhunt in progress so obviously no police were hurt in the incident.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

It doesn't say if it was a head shot.
I had to check.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftBuilder
No other info that I could find sorry,thats all the local website had said.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
At first I thought this was some kind of joke, I mean the set up for it is perfect. Sadly it was all to real for Expavious Tyrell Taylor of Okeechobee who was killed during the incident.

linky

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: hiddenNZ

It doesn't say if it was a head shot.
I had to check.

Thats the first thing i thought ..."was it a head shot"...must be all the years of playing the zombie mod on counter strike

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
An update:
News-Press

It's my understanding one victim died at the scene.
This gentleman, below, has some odd sounding wounds. If verifiable and trustworthy source!

A GoFundMe account says it is raising money for a victim of the Zombicon shooting. Two hours into the fundraising efforts for David Perez, 25 people had donated $660. Lee Memorial Health Center lists a man by the name of David Perez in stable condition. The page includes this description of the fundraisers:

"What we thought was going to be a night out with friends turned into a horrific night. We were at the wrong place at the wrong time. Someone decided to open fire in a crowd of thousands of people. After the first shots were fired I turned to run but he immediately told me he's been shot. Medics on the spot were able to stop the bleeding with pressure. David currently has 10 gun shot wounds. The bullet entered his left palm, exited the palm, entered left thigh and excited left thigh, entered and exited scrotum, entered right thigh and exited left thigh then entered right palm and excited right palm. David has two broken hands due to the bullets entering his hands. Surgery is needed to fix his hands. He is in pain but he is here with us and that is all that matters. Please keep our family in your prayers. Anything you can donate is extremely appreciated. He will be here for recovering. I will keep everyone updated. Thank you for your concerns."

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Scrotum?......ouch...poor bugger

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Never mind...appears that I4 is shutdown due to a pretty nasty accident.
edit on 18-10-2015 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Remember to double-tap.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
They died doing what they love.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
The whole zombie craze really needs to die out. Zombies used to be scary.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Its a shame and i send prayers to the families but its so hard to keep a straight face. I hope they get the guy responsible.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Will those that died turn into actual zombies?

join