It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open Minds/ Mufon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
That Openminds site that details Mufon cases and shows videos and photos has some pretty interesting stuff. But does anyone have any insight to how legit it is?

Mufon needs to feature interesting ufo reports to continue to thrive and draw traffic. In the event there is a lull of reports or uninteresting reports or obvious hoax reports I wonder if they create them themselves sometimes? Or are they totally legit?

I know Mufon is known but I don't know what kind of oversight they have on posted content. Or how much control researchers get on posted content? Do they take the calls and investigate and speak with witnesses? If so it would seem pretty credible because by now some ex-employee would have said they were not always honest.

And wow, Black Triangles are all over the place.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: joelr

Know there are some older threads on Mufon. Some controversy about them vetting info/not vetting info, holding some info back....know there was a shake up a while back in it's upper levels. I take the info with a grain of salt. That probably doesn't really answer your question?

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Mufon is a control system, leading the gullible away from the truth.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

MUFON was originally started as a elite org, only a professional something or another could be a member and investigate sightings. The unwashed could subscript to their then little newsletter, "Skylook."

In the late '70s, they refused to take abduction cases seriously. (I have the relevant issues of their then MUFON Journal in my files) I know personally that Walt Andrus the originator and former head of MUFON personal blew off an excellent sighting of an early triangle-type of craft (two flying nose to tail, low, slow and soundless) in 1985.

Undoubtedly, there are loads of good, honest people in MUFON, but many of us have reason to suspect that the higher levels have been an apologist and unofficial clearing house for our alphabet agencies.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

Know there are some older threads on Mufon. Some controversy about them vetting info/not vetting info, holding some info back....know there was a shake up a while back in it's upper levels. I take the info with a grain of salt. That probably doesn't really answer your question?

No actually that is interesting that there was some controversy. I'm just wondering how much to trust their reports.
It didn't dawn on me the things people will do to make money until I got laid off and realized there are not just hoaxer/fraud people and truth-only people. If someone is making a living in the ufo field and suddenly they can't feed their family and can't find extra work, they will do what they have to to provide.

Telling the absolute truth about ufo's gets trumped ethically and morally when you can't buy groceries for your kids.

Or even for people doing well, they may just want more gain and try to make their product more interesting for the public. False and misleading advertising and marketing is actually everywhere in many of the big industries.

However there are many researchers working for Mufon so if it was total bs some ex-Mufon employees would have called them out by now. So they must really do some investigations and reports on real sightings.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Descriptions and reports of many sightings would have been lost otherwise, although MUFON has always had a distinctly extra-terrestrial focused agenda, even while absolutely none of the sightings have been proven to be ET, and many of them contain elements that make a simple, nuts-and-bolts ET explanation untenable.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

MUFON was originally started as a elite org, only a professional something or another could be a member and investigate sightings. The unwashed could subscript to their then little newsletter, "Skylook."

In the late '70s, they refused to take abduction cases seriously. (I have the relevant issues of their then MUFON Journal in my files) I know personally that Walt Andrus the originator and former head of MUFON personal blew off an excellent sighting of an early triangle-type of craft (two flying nose to tail, low, slow and soundless) in 1985.

Undoubtedly, there are loads of good, honest people in MUFON, but many of us have reason to suspect that the higher levels have been an apologist and unofficial clearing house for our alphabet agencies.

Right but there are problems with abduction cases also.
For one people usually say "I was asleep...." or "I was lying in bed..."
That strongly points to a unusual dream experience.
I have fallen asleep and immediately dreamt that I was lying in bed and then floated through the wall. That does happen.
Another thing is why are there never reports of ufo's hovering over someones house when they are abducted?
Never!
The implant thing is very shaky. Hypnotism is just as bad.

If one chooses to believe in that part of ufology then that's fine. But a national public organization cannot start reporting those experiences right now. The skeptics make very compelling points against it and until there is better evidence than it will absolutely hurt the field much more than help it.

I'm not saying you shouldn't believe in abductions, I don't care, I'm just saying it's been debunked enough for most people to see it as fiction and will not help organizations who need public funding and need to show they are a serious organization. The ufo sighting phenomena is a more solid field of study. Even Neil De-Grass Tyson admitted there are ufo's. But he say's they are all mis-identified Earth objects.

Many of the psychologists who work on abduction cases and hypnotism are supporting a book.

All of the abductee people who come back with messages oddly enough just sprout a bunch of Earth New-Age stuff already in Earth New-Age books.

For example any channeler or abductee who was pre-Einstein could have gotten a non-technical message like: Matter and energy are equivalent, light is a particle and a wave, gravity is bent space-time, gravity is.......?
edit on 23-10-2015 by joelr because: edit

new topics

top topics

join