It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Say Lab-Grown Burgers Will Be Available to the Public in Five Years

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
OH great....kill off more of my diet. Sigh. ALso to the person concerned with cow farts there is a feed that reduces that drastically. And actualy it can be bred out of cows too. PErsonally id replace cow with BISON or buffalo. They dont have the issue at all.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
There's no way I would trust this. Too many possible set backs. Possible sickness, chemically tainted, uncertian nutrition values, ect.

Not to mention, good luck getting people to choose this over fast food. Also, a lot of people already hate GMOs. This is like GMOS on steroids.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadCat

Well, they already do give genetically modified (selectively bred) cows steroids to make them bigger...

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
I wouldn't trust it or eat it. It make look like ground beef but it aint no ground beef it is artificial petri-dish meat.

No one asks or wants to know what is in a fast food burger! When information comes out telling us it contains stuff no one would willingly eat at home, they STILL buy it at fast food places! Most people when asked why say "it tastes good!" How do people think the prices stay so low at fast food places while beef is going up and up?? There you have it no questions, make it taste good and you will eat it! I am vegetarian so

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

I have to say, unfortunately if it tasted good, regardless of what I said in my previous post.. I would be inclined to eat it.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadCat
There's no way I would trust this. Too many possible set backs. Possible sickness, chemically tainted, uncertian nutrition values, ect.

Not to mention, good luck getting people to choose this over fast food. Also, a lot of people already hate GMOs. This is like GMOS on steroids.

Yeah

choose it over fast food? It will be fast food!

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   
It's too late for McDonalds.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE

They serve breakfast all day now. Egg McMuffins for dinner...

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Why not? If the meat is safe to eat and doesn't taste bad I wonder why the hell not?
It would mean the end of slaughterhouses, we would be killing alot less cows, pigs, chickens, etc..

Even though we would still be hurting animals, since alot of industries still use animal products for manufacturing their stuff.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I'm from a generation that used to grow our foods in our own back yards, including beef and poultry, they can keep their mystery meat, I don't need it, I have a nice littler app in my phone that I can check when I'm at the grocery store that tells me what items I am interested in are GMOs.

Thanks to all the crap they put in the food today, I eat less, stay away from fast food and that keeps my weight were it should be.

I'm sure that the new generations of human beings that are already been born contaminated by GMOs, pesticide and the environment will have not problem with anything lab created for consumption.

Good luck with the mystery meat.
Im sure it will be tasty.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Y aknow...using stem cells.. IS this new meat...PEOPLE?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: DeadCat

Well, they already do give genetically modified (selectively bred) cows steroids to make them bigger...

Plus all the antibiotics they have to give them that end up in the water supply and are highly suspected to be playing a part in human antibiotic resistance.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

This is somewhat mythological.

I can't speak on the whole industry...but the "big boys" in this area refuse to use antibiotics. They used to, way back when. But they all discovered that they could yield out their inventory without the need for additional overhead. Sure, you may add a few lbs of meat by giving them drugs....but you have to wait to slaughter on top of all the other costs.

You may have antibiotics highly prevalent in other industries...im not sure. But not in beef. At least, not in West Texas ranchers (for the most part).

On a semirelated note: you can eat store bought pork cooked medium or medium rare. This is due to the eradication of trichinosis in the domesticated swine population. I don't know how this was achieved, honestly. Perhaps it was controlling food intake combined with drugs? I can say, in 100% honesty and certainty, that wild boar make store bought pork taste like cow pies. Wild boar/hog is possibly the best tasting meat on the planet. But you better cook the holy hell out of it.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
They won't sell this # in my Butchers.
Well of course not, presumably your preferred butcher is Halal yes? This product does not involve animals being killed without being prior stunned, you know that rather shameful side to Halal.

I'd eat it if it's safe enough cheap protein, no animals harmed in the making, great.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Antibiotics or not, I pay the premium for grass fed vs grain. It cooks, smells, and tastes different. Can't stand cooking regular ground beef.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Y aknow...using stem cells.. IS this new meat...PEOPLE?

Bovine stem cells.

Human stem cells would give you long pig instead of beef.

As long as it tastes OK, doesn't even have to be great, I'm in.

edit on 19-10-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

agreed....

with one exception: corn should be used in the final fattening. Grass just doesn't add enough fat for flavor. Otherwise...right on.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Well, since they're undoubtedly already doing whatever the hell they please to our food, I guess this isn't anything to worry about any more than we should already be worried.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE

They serve breakfast all day now. Egg McMuffins for dinner...

No thank you...it's poison. Nice clean bathrooms though, thats all I use them for.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I would like to see a law passed stating that meat grown in a lab cannot be labeled as "all-natural". That way consumers who don't want to eat mystery meat can continue to eat real meat that is labeled as such.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join