It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With 59 Murders, September Was Chicago’s Deadliest in Over a Decade

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Maybe they just miss Obama so much the natives are getting restless. If that's the case, by all means take him!

Maybe they should set up a gun free zone around the police stations and allow the schools to arm themselves with howitzers. Give the criminals another target, I mean that's what they're there for protect and serve. Why not just make yourselves the bait. Just saying, I mean if you really cared about safety and disarming schools isn't working, what you have to lose?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
But we should all emulate Chicago's gun laws so everyone can be safe!

Say what? 2 people were murdered every single day in Chicago in September? blah blah blah I can't hear you!

Yet Liberals will keep their heads buried in the sand.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort
Not to sound racist but what percentage of these shootings were black on black violence. Where's Obama's outrage at the violence in his hometown. I guess unless it's white on black violence it doesn't matter to him.

About 80% black. 17% hispanic. The remaining 3.9% is white/unknown. This site tracks all the gun violence stats for Chicago. Quite interesting. Crime scene photos, etc.

heyjackass.com...

Almost all of it is gang violence. One thug shooting another thug. Gun control certainly is not working.

On the other hand, I get tired of people saying we need concealed carry, etc though. I support CC, but the Chicago gun violence has nothing to do with the crimes of innocent folks getting robbed, etc. CC won't have any affect on these stats as it is basically gang warfare. The victims are gangbangers and the perpetrators are gangbangers.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Maybe they just miss Obama so much the natives are getting restless. If that's the case, by all means take him!

Maybe they should set up a gun free zone around the police stations and allow the schools to arm themselves with howitzers. ...

For the first item, I speak only for myself (and possibly X-fox) about taking
Obanger back. I'm about 50 miles perfectly west of Wrigley-- and I don't know
one person who wants him back any more than Canada wants Beiber.

And if we could get a gunnery instructor pried out of Fort SIll long enough
to tech the kiddies how to slap the breach on a 105 snub nose I'm all for it!
If you can lift it and safely point it you should have it! Recoil not so much...

For turning any cop shop into a helpless victim zone: you really ARE a sadist.
Most of the LEOs I know carry concealed off duty for more than policy:
they HAVE to, because home is turning into a really putrid four-letter word
for a lot of them. And only from this end, I'd rather somebody who trains
five to ten times as often as I do be the one to break up a fire fight.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: derfreebie

Maybe they should set up a gun free zone around the police stations and allow the schools to arm themselves with howitzers. ...

For turning any cop shop into a helpless victim zone: you really ARE a sadist.
Most of the LEOs I know carry concealed off duty for more than policy:
they HAVE to, because home is turning into a really putrid four-letter word
for a lot of them. And only from this end, I'd rather somebody who trains
five to ten times as often as I do be the one to break up a fire fight.

They can keep their tasers.

Rosinitiate for President!
edit on 19-10-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

They can keep their tasers.

Rosinitiate for President!

IF they go nano-battery and cordless, okay. i'd like to see
them hefting M3's with the 90 deg. bent barrels: just so
they can reach around and zap someone! A lot of times.

And we gotta get you a tailored blazer Ros.. but I'm in.

Finally, and on-track--- the demographics of these shootings
are probbaly being witheld again because they're going to
make the narrative as hokey as the message. Chicago's gun
crime numbers will continue to escalate as long as more
gun control laws will be the obvious mouth-breather fix.
In the meantime, the black market is not a racist slur...

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Chicago, the U.S. city with the strictest gun control laws on the nation had September as the deadliest month with gun violence since 2002.

The numbers need context..

"Despite the familiar media refrain that Chicago is the nation’s murder capital, the “windy city” does not even qualify as one of the nation’s top 25 most dangerous cities for homicide."

In 2011, the last year where records have been tabulated to compare cities, according to FBI statistics, Chicago, with a per capita murder rate of 15.9/per 100,000 residents, ranked behind over three dozen (36) other American cities."

"In 2011, the city’s murder rate was less than half that of the cities of New Orleans (57.6/per 100,000), Detroit (48.2) and St. Louis (35.3)."

www.debate.org...
edit on 19-10-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadcatsrule
but isn't Chicago a( cough cough )"gun free zone"??

really??...stars for you??.....so, what you're saying if there were no laws against owning a gun in Chicago, then gun deaths would be lower?...how is this logical?....or even provable?....my equally un-provable statement would be.....there would have been far more gun deaths if Chicago WASN'T a "gun free zone"

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Illinois gun laws at work.the list goes on..
criminals know there is a lack of guns.how do you justify charging someone for protecting them selfs.
That is the problem with gun free zones

thesouthern.com...
articles.chicagotribune.com... lary-bathroom

www.wnd.com...
www.gunssavelife.com...
edit on 19-10-2015 by deadcatsrule because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
So latest shooting.

Former gangbanger leaves loaded gun on top of fridge. Shows it to six year old son who then proceeds to go get gun when dad isn't home and shoots his three year old brother in the head killing him while playing cops and robbers.

Apparently, father snitched on a gang member, so wanted the gun for protection.

www.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadcatsrule
a reply to: jimmyx

Illinois gun laws at work.the list goes on..
criminals know there is a lack of guns.how do you justify charging someone for protecting them selfs.

thesouthern.com...
articles.chicagotribune.com... lary-bathroom

www.wnd.com...
www.gunssavelife.com...

well, there is a difference of opinion on those "gun free zones"....
chicagoist.com...
a person that lives in Chicago can own a pistol or a shotgun, it's not illegal.

and as far as your first article, the "elderly man" who shot the intruder was arrested for having had prior gun felonies....plus after the judge heard what happened, he was released on his own recognizance

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: deadcatsrule

Chicago is not a "gun free zone." Obviously, unless those people were killed with knives or rocks.

Ironic, isn't it? This posted just last year, claiming that the new concealed carry permits were reducing crime in Chicago.

Chicago Crime Rate Drops As Concealed Carry Applications Surge

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Ironic, isn't it? This posted just last year, claiming that the new concealed carry permits were reducing crime in Chicago.

Chicago Crime Rate Drops As Concealed Carry Applications Surge

What is ironic is that you are assuming that because some people in Chicago got their concealed carry, then all crime should be stopped.

There are as of 2013 2.719 million people in Chicago. Out of those people 119,337 concealed-carry permits were issued between Dec. 18, 2013, and June 6, 2015.
chicago.suntimes.com...

Are those 119,337 people going to stop all crime? of course not.

edit on 19-10-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Chicago's gun laws were overturned in 2012, yet the murders keep going up. Clearly getting rid of gun laws doesn't decrease crime. There are plenty of places where people don't have a lot of guns that don't have high crime.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

What is ironic is that you are assuming that because some people in Chicago got their concealed carry, then all crime should be stopped.

I assumed nothing. Nice strawman attempt there, who said anything about "all crime being stopped?" But here is what the author of that earlier thread assumed:

I think it's time for the anti-gunners to admit gun control doesn't work, and armed citizens are the answer to crime.
Seems that assumption may not have been accurate.

Chicago is not a "gun free zone." By a long shot. Indeed, as you point out there are more than 100,000 citizens with concealed carry permits. The crime rate has not fallen.

I agree with CB328 (above). If more armed citizens is the answer to crime, Chicago would seem to be an exception to the rule.

edit on 10/19/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Chicago gun laws were not overturned. You still need to have a concealed carry permit which a lot of people can't afford.

You are even lumping all guns as being the same... There are legal guns, and illegal ones. We already have the system in place to know when a gun was acquired legally or illegally.

The majority of crimes occur with illegal firearms, by gang members and other criminals.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
I agree with CB328 (above). If more armed citizens is the answer to crime, Chicago would seem to be an exception to the rule.

Except for the fact that more criminals are armed than law abiding citizens. That's what you don't want to understand. There are more than 2.6 million people in Chicago who do not own a legal gun. Out of those people, the criminals have illegal guns which outnumber the amount of people with legal guns.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join