It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theoretical physicist Kaku: ‘Colossal space object, possible alien superstructure, civilization'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Dr. Kaku made some observations on CBS about the Kepler discovery. Here's some of the highlights.

“This could be the biggest story in the past five-hundred years,” Michio Kaku explained.

Kaku said that “this star is breaking all the rules” and that “we would have to rewrite astronomy text books” to think anything different.

“Basically if a planet eclipses a Mother Star, goes in front of the Mother Star, starlight drops maybe one percent at maximum–however starlight has been dropping at twenty-two percent,” Kaku explained.

“There is a colossal, humongous, object of some sort blocking the starlight from this star.”

“We’ve ruled out all of the usual suspects; rouge planets, comets, asteroids” and the only thing left is an ‘alien superstructure’ of some type.

“We’re talking about what’s called a Type Two Civilization that could build a gigantic [Dyson] sphere possibly bigger than Jupiter to absorb starlight” to produce energy, which Kaku admits “is right out of science fiction.”

www.intellihub.com... -earth/

Here's a link to the CBS video.

www.cbsnews.com...

I think the fact that this structure reduces starlight by 22% is pretty amazing. Also:

Also, it turns out there are lots of these dips in the star’s light. Hundreds. And they don’t seem to be periodic at all. They have odd shapes to them, too. A planet blocking a star’s light will have a generally symmetric dip; the light fades a little, remains steady at that level, then goes back up later. The dip at 800 days in the KIC 8462852 data doesn’t do that; it drops slowly, then rises more rapidly. Another one at 1,500 days has a series of blips up and down inside the main dips. There’s also an apparent change in brightness that seems to go up and down roughly every 20 days for weeks, then disappears completely.

Also, they have been studying KIC 8462852 since 2009. I think it's smart not to jump to conclusions but these things are exciting because we're infants when it comes to space exploration and we're already making these discoveries. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

SnF

I remember reading about this old NASA physicist that saw a gigantic [Dyson] sphere heading towards Earth. This was several years ago (he's probably died from a heart attack or suicide).

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I love when Dr Kaku weighs in on any situation.....makes it all the more dramatic....which I personally enjoy. Also makes most mainstreamers stand up and finally listen.
edit on 18-10-2015 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Good find. It's interesting all of this, and scary to say the least. Given it is a civilization, imagine where they are now! 1500 years ago they may have had a colossal spaceship, capable of blocking an entire sun! (Almost.) But that's pretty darn big!

Technically, given you make a colossal spaceship, with it's own farms / generators of some sort (Nuclear- like energysources) you could theoretically travel between starts, and don't really care how fast the ship is going, since you would have your own "planet" with you at all times. Only issue would be the cold, but that could be sorted with those energy sources aboard. I can't wait till the words "We have discovered an alien civilization" or something like that comes around.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
They have no idea what it is, therefore, aliens.

Would anyone like to make a list of logical fallacies here?

Or does it not matter when it's cool sciencey stuff?

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Maybe the Star is a hardcore troll

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Alien Superstructure, Wow...SnF

I like how Michio Kaku presents when it comes to explaining complicated stuff regarding space adventures. His views are quite frankly, very straight forward.

Now that's more like it

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

This isn't what he's saying.

This sort of closed minded knee jerk reaction will not cut it with all of the evidence that's accumulating.

What he's saying is that it could be an alien structure and he didn't just make that up over night. The Scientist who discovered the star said she thinks there's a natural explanation but the behavior there seeing could point to am alien structure so they're going to look for radio waves emitted in a frequency that would point to a technological structure.

I think people have to get used to the idea that saying something might be alien has become a plausible explanation because of the growing evidence that life exist in the universe. We will see more things like that and Aliens will be an explanation that will no longer be ridiculed.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

They've been observing it since 2009. They surely must have enough data to have come to that conclusion.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Please continue in the existing thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you. Closed.

top topics

join