It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Positive Vibes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Hey all.

I've been working pretty hard lately on cultivating a more positive persobality and outlook, even through hard times.

One of the things I've been doing is changing the music I listen too. I used to listen to a lot of hard rock bands like Tool, Korn, NiN, and I've also listened to a lot of rap or hip-hop like Biggie, Nas, and a lot of underground. Now I've been listening to house music and a lot of meditation and relaxing vibes music. I also do thankfulness prayer and meditation to God or Jesus depending on my mood.

I'm also meditating more often practicing breathing and chanting Om Mani Pedme Hum. I listen to sermons from christian podcasters I find deeper than average and relevant.

I also work on saying more positive things and consciously try and focus less on the negetive aspects of life in turn working towards identifying the positive aspects of things.

Please share your experiences.
edit on 10/18/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I find it great as a super power endorphin boost to put on a really sad thing to make me cry and then after a good boo do my laughing yoga.

I feel fantastic afterwards.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
"Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.
What truth?
There is no spoon."

The best advise I can give anyone, including myself.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I really like this chakra clearing with Doreen Virtue...

Sometimes I do Mudras like in this video...

I always try to keep my mind on Jesus Christ
Eat something green everyday, get exercise and fresh air and breath deeply while walking outdoors.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Thanks for the videos! Going to watch them tonight!

Yeah I've been tuning into the Jesus energy lately. In my mind he represents compassion, healing, and life.

How could you go wrong with that?

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteHat

Can you extrapolate?

Thanks

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion I'm glad you like the videos, I find Doreen Virtue puts me at ease and is very soothing.
There is no going wrong with Jesus Christ

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74 this video is so cool, you can't help but laugh with the guy

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Try listening to music like Toro Y Moi and Tame Impala

This album is amazing

edit on 18-10-2015 by 711117 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

hip-hop

Try this:

And that:

Or this:

Maybe even that:

Classic?

I use humour constantly, read dadaistic poems or watch streetart.
Also of good use is this old Hopi spell:

25. Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark. guard them well or one day you may be your own victim

www.special-dictionary.com...

It's not about being positive, but rather about being myself and just letting it go.
Anyway... thanks for the little reminder for the fact, that a certain state of mind alone can be a tough job. I often find myself very alone with this thought.

edit on 18-10-2015 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-10-2015 by PublicOpinion because: more!

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Can you extrapolate?

Yes, but I am not sure that I'll be very great at it since I myself struggle to get there. But let me try.

I've been a practicing buddhist for more than 10 years. Is a wonderful philosophy and way of life, and I learned and experienced so much I couldn't describe in a whole book. Yet I never get past a certain point, so I ended up thinking that everybody gets it except me so maybe something is wrong with me. I got stuck.
Because all the time I wanted more than just feeling positive. All was great, high vibrations, wonderful friends, but I always felt that there should be more. Something beyond that and bigger than all that.

Then someone here at ATS pointed me one day to one specific video. And everything clicked into place. Since then (maybe 3 years) there wasn't one day I didn't listen to this guy on youtube; if I have no time or mood during the day I go to sleep with him talking into my ipod. Is all I ever needed and I will ever need. I feel like I am one step away from the final destination. I am saving money in the hope that one day I would be able to meet him and take that final step.

So...
I can only point you to the same video, is a 10 min video. If you listen with an open mind you may understand what I am talking about. If you don't then no harm done; I don't believe in "one size fits all"phylosophies and I think that everyone should find the path that fits them best. But what he is talking about is the same truth found in the major school of spirituality: the emptiness, the higher self, the god within. Or shortly that "there is no spoon".

video

And the next one is my all time favorite, all I need to have my vibrations go through the roof, so to speak.
video

I hope that it will help in some way.
Have great evening

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Good for you, brother! We are all trying to get better.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Good for you, brother! We are all trying to get better.

Working on it thanks!

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

edit on 18-10-2015 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   

I usually refrain from thinking about other people, that way my mind is focused on my internal workings, and not continuously investigating the motives of others.

That way I appear to others as being neutral, if I were to think about others in a positive light, then perhaps I would resonate "good vibes".

This really chills me out:

edit on 20-10-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-10-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join