It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Ayers, Webster Tarpley, Jack Cashill, and Barack Obama -- Connected Disinfo Agents?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
About four years ago, I wrote a blog post about what I suspect is a small sampling of a larger network of organized disinformation agents: Bill Ayers, Webster Tarpley, Jack Cashill, & Barack Obama. Below is an edited excerpt from that post -- I closed my blog years ago. I've been meaning to post on my experience and theory here in the 'Disinfo' forum, & had some time this afternoon to draft one.

Central to my theory is the idea put forth by Jack Cashill suggesting Bill Ayers -- "unrepentant terrorist" from the Weather Underground -- authored Obama's 'Dreams From My Father.' It's not a current subject of interest, but I still find it enlightening 4 years later & haven't wavered in the meaning I attached to the 'disinformation' I found. Besides, Jack Cashill got a lot of attention for his 'theory' -- he published an entire book on the subject -- it seems only fair that I provide a fuller picture of his claims.

Excerpt from my blog post, originally posted in April 2011:

In the run up to the 2008 election, Bill Ayers provided the perfect distraction for Barack Obama as member of the Global Mafia. Face it, you don’t bomb the Pentagon, destroy computer tapes containing classified information, & then walk away “guilty as hell, and free as a bird” without help from the federal government. And the Global Mafia has infected the federal government.

Like many people, I was compelled by Jack Cashill’s work, in 2009, uncovering the similarities between Bill Ayers’ writing & Barack Obama’s autobiography, 'Dreams from my Father.' Mr. Cashill uncovered numerous compelling similarities in writing style, use of metaphor, & skill level.

However, Mr. Cashill's most compelling find was the discovery that both Bill Ayers & Barack Obama had borrowed the same line from a Carl Sandburg poem to describe the city of Chicago -- & incredibly, both men misquoted that line in exactly the same way.

On June 28, 2009, Jack Cashill reported (emph. mine):

What Mr. Midwest noticed recently is that both Ayers in "[A Kind and Just] Parent" and Obama in "Dreams [From My Father]" make reference to the poet Carl Sandburg. In itself, this is not a grand revelation. Let us call it a C-level match. Obama and Ayers seem to have shared the same library in any case. Both talk of reading the books of Malcolm X, James Baldwin, Langston Hughes, W.E.B. Dubois and Frantz Fanon among others. In fact, each misspells “Frantz” as “Franz.”

Ayers and Obama, however, go beyond citing Sandburg. Each quotes the opening line of his poem “Chicago.”

From 'Dreams:'

"He poured himself more hot water. “What do you know about Chicago anyway?”

I thought a moment. “Hog butcher to the world,” I said finally."

From 'Parent:'

"At the turn of the century, Chicago had a population of a million people and was a young and muscular city – hub of commerce and industry, the first skyscraper city, home of the famous world exposition, “hog butcher to the world” – bursting with energy."

This I would call a B-level match. What raises it up a notch to an A-level match is the fact that both misquote “Chicago,” and they do so in exactly the same way. The poem actually opens, “Hog butcher for the world.”

Breakthrough on Authorship of Dreams -- Cashill

If taken at face value, this is a pretty damning find, indeed. However, I believe that Jack Cashill fooled his audience. The only person his 'find' damns is himself, & the revelation he presented appears to be part of a broader disinformation effort.

It’s not that Cashill failed to research & report on the handful of other authors who also used the same misquote in their own published writings – found by other researchers. (Although, a hallmark of disinformation is that with very little effort, it can be discredited to the point of ridicule.) I can easily forgive Mr. Cashill for doing weak, but honest, research. No one is perfect.

Besides, the coincidence is compelling, none-the-less.

However, what I cannot forgive is that Jack Cashill failed to report that the same exact misquote that appears in Barack Obama’s ‘authorized’ autobiography, 'Dreams From My Father,' also appears in his scathing Unauthorized biography, too.

Incredibly, in 2008 – a year before Cashill reported on the Sandburg-quote anomaly – Webster Griffin Tarpley wrote the following, on page 187, of his book, 'Barack H. Obama: The Unauthorized Biography' (emph. mine):

To estimate the real dimensions of the bipartisan Illinois Combine, we call on Evelyn Pringle, an expert in the ethnic labyrinths that are now the city of broad shoulders and former hog butcher to the world.

Yep, that’s right. The same Carl Sandburg misquote appears in two books written about the same man: Barack Obama.

And, one of those authors is allegedly Barack Obama, himself.

Interesting, eh? Not just any two books, either…these two books are the antithesis of one another. In Dreams, Obama presents himself as your own personal messiah, in the Unauthorized version, he is a crooked, corrupt mess.

And, the same misquote also appears in a book penned by Bill Ayers.

Further, in "A Just and Kind Parent," Barack Obama’s reported pal, Bill Ayers, says Chicago is a “muscular city;” while Obama’s nemesis, Webster Tarpley, took rightful notice of its “broad shoulders” and then ripped Obama and the Chicago Machine a new one.

So, what the hell is going on? Isn’t this an A-level match, too?

If Jack Cashill's 'breakthrough' is an A-level match, then surely Mr. Cashill would agree that what I spotted is an A++level match. There aren’t that many authors identically misquoting Carl Sandburg to explain it away. But, it all makes terrible, tragic, perfect sense.

In my opinion, this A++level match is a clue to the truth: Barack Obama, Bill Ayers, Webster Griffin Tarpley, & Jack Cashill all play for the same team. And they spread disinformation sanctioned by the Global Mafia.

I'm not faulting Jack Cashill for not doing the research it took me to find this little oddity in Webster Tarpley’s book – because it was just luck that led me to it. However, I am faulting him for not reporting on it in the four years since I first emailed this discovery to him. And, although Mr. Cashill responded to me and claimed he went through Tarpley’s book – & said he found more similarities to likely humor mehe never told anyone a damn thing about it.

It goes beyond unethical, dishonest, & self-preserving…it's a shameful cover-up of the truth.

The Global Mafia controls all sides of the story that is Barack Obama. Most of what we know about him came from disinformation.

And this glimpse into the world of how disinformation is spread appears to support the suggestion that a shadow group operates within the federal government & supports terrorism -- like the Weather Underground -- & that terrorism supports the shadow government, in return.

(END)

Take from my story what you will, but I personally believe the disinformation runs deeper than most people can imagine.
edit on 18-10-2015 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Chicago Architecture Blog:

“Hog butcher to the World, Maker, Stacker of Wheat, Player with Railroads and the Nation’s Freight Handler”
Inspiration for design comes from any number of sources: music, a solitary walk, perhaps even a dream. You can add poetry to the list. In fact, Chicago’s newest hotel—the Loews Chicago Hotel at 455 North Park Drive in Streeterville—owes much of its design to Carl Sandburg’s Chicago. You’ll even see text from the poem in large script type on guest elevators.

This guys georama 'Hog Butcher To The World'

The Gourmet Butcher's Guide to Meat:

Not every Cincinnati citizenwas proud to be from Porkopolis. But they didn't need to lose sleep over it, because by 1861 Chicao had replaced Cincinnati as America's biggest meat processor, becoming "Hog Butcher to the World."

Same author also has an architecture blog, wrote a cooking book and is an amateur photog who likes to share his pictures? Or could it just be that people misquote the s# out of Carl Sandburg?

Encyclopedia of Chicago History:

Carl Sandburg's poetic epithet for Chicago, "hog butcher for the world," is often misremembered as "hog butcher to the world," but that is perhaps less a mistake than a sign of how much the phrase now belongs to popular memory, along with the phrase "city of [the] big shoulders," from the same poem. Though the stockyards have long been closed, the repetition of these phrases continues to carry a memory of Chicago's industrial past, even to many who will never read Sandburg's poems nor any of the many histories of the stockyards.

edit on 2015-10-18 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

You'll notice that I included your point in my OP. I agree, there are enough authors misquoting Sandburg to discredit Cashill's theory.

What bothers me is that Cashill did not report on the same misquote in Tarpley's book -- even though I wrote him and actually exchanged a few emails on it. My experience with that makes me believe he is a disinfo agent. If Cashill found Ayer's and Obama's misquote to be an A-level match, then surely he would find my match an A++.

But he didn't report on it. Instead, he wrote me and told me he had gone through Tarpley's book and found more similarities. And then never reported anything on it.

EDIT: And to give you some background, I was blogging on a different subject at the time and had reason to dig into the roles Cashill and Ayers played in the Obama narrative.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I understand your personal interest in that fraud, but it is nothing compared to other frauds that most people have totally ignored including Obama's arch enemies, the conservatives. The White House's own released version of Obama's birth certificate has been proven to contain over half a dozen factual errors that could not have possibly been printed on an original birth certificate, but what has happened with that?

A purposeful fraud has been pulled upon the American people and the Republicans have been a willing partner. A master plan is in effect and only the Democrats could have been put it into play as it fit their general ideology than that of the Republicans. I cannot image that conservatives will be allowed to win in '16 to stall the inertia of the drive for change.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I understand your personal interest in that fraud, but it is nothing compared to other frauds that most people have totally ignored including Obama's arch enemies, the conservatives. The White House's own released version of Obama's birth certificate has been proven to contain over half a dozen factual errors that could not have possibly been printed on an original birth certificate, but what has happened with that?

A purposeful fraud has been pulled upon the American people and the Republicans have been a willing partner. A master plan is in effect and only the Democrats could have been put it into play as it fit their general ideology than that of the Republicans. I cannot image that conservatives will be allowed to win in '16 to stall the inertia of the drive for change.

Ha! It's funny you mention that. I actually wrote an open records request to the Hawaii Department of Health, in late 2010, and received a response you would probably be very interested in hearing about. Actually, I wrote a couple you might be interested in hearing about.

Let me know if you are interested and I will private message you.

I agree completely that the two parties are in cahoots, and they were in cahoots with regard to the birth certificate controversy.

And that isn't all they've been up to.

EDIT: Believe me, this particular 'fraud' is not at the top of my list just because I posted on it.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
The White House's own released version of Obama's birth certificate has been proven to contain over half a dozen factual errors that could not have possibly been printed on an original birth certificate, but what has happened with that?

It turned out to be just more birther lies, just like all the other lies they have told!

Remember, no expert has actually examined Obama's birth certificate!

join