It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When it comes to Aliens you have the old way of thinking vs the new way

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Where, oh, where are the likes of Carl Sagan now that the anti-UFO movement has less and less ammo for their position?

Actually, they had nothing going for their position from the start. Since you can't prove a negative (that UFOs don't exist at earthside). All they had going for themselves was Sagan's purely logical (but false) position that ETs couldn't get here, etc. Evidently, they have started getting real in their thinking, or they have been put on a shorter leash by their controllers as life somewhere will be announce any day now.

(For some of you I will need to explain why Science (big "S" and Sagan were wrong. All of their theories and calculations were completely wrong from the start simply because most of Science did not (want to) believe that life existed elsewhere in the Universe. 'Course in those days, they also thought that water was unique to the Earth and that "fact" cemented our supremacy.)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
But living underwater, even with superintelligence it wouldn't know what fire was to become a grilled exooctopus.

Damn. That just proved I do not even qualify.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JOEALIEN

I think it safe to say that confirming intelligent life elsewhere would certainly be considered extraordinary. Ordinary will come when we've confirmed a few more places.

That's true.

Confirming intelligent life would be a very big deal. Finding microbial life shouldn't really be a surprise. I don't think intelligent life would be a surprise based on what we know now but it would be a very big deal.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Where, oh, where are the likes of Carl Sagan now that the anti-UFO movement has less and less ammo for their position?

Thank you for exposing the OP's agenda. While he claims to be talking about intelligent life in the universe, what he is really doing is trying to justify the good ol' ET Hypothesis. Claiming that thousands of extraterrestrial spacecraft visit the Earth every year (and that is a good estimate of the number of UFOs seen) is an extra-ordinary claim and does indeed require extra-ordinary evidence.

Carl Sagan, by the way, believed extra-terrestrial life existed. He was the first self-named "exobiologist."

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

What exactly is the "anti-UFO movement" and what does it have to do with the general scientific consensus that life may not be unique to Earth, or even our solar system?

edit on 18-10-2015 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I agree with you completely. I like to wonder these days how many tribal communities and / or animals there are on other planets and how many life forms have actually evolved to use tools and science to the extent of humans.
edit on 18pmSun, 18 Oct 2015 20:28:56 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
The extraordinary claim is, we're alone in the universe.

All evidence we have thus far points to that being true.

Anything else is a logical fallacy.

Once you claim you BELIEVE there is life elsewhere, it's opinion, no proof needed.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Finding microbial life would be the single greatest discovery in human history.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join