It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump, Clinton, Carson get Secret Service: None for Jeb, Rubio, Sanders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
So, my question here, why NOT Bernie Sanders? Really, Why is Bernie Sanders excluded?

hotair.com...

There must be some fuming going on in the campaign offices of Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio and Bernie Sanders. The first two still maintain some level of credibility as the establishment favorites, but their poll numbers are really nothing short of a joke when compared to the Trump – Carson juggernaut. This may be the right call logistically for the Secret Service, but a story like this just makes the Florida duo look increasingly irrelevant in the race.

The question about Sanders is a bit more complicated. If the GOP rates two candidates with coverage, why not the Democrats? And as I already noted, Clinton isn’t taking up an entire team of new agents… she’s just having some added to expand her team. Bernie is leading in New Hampshire and not that far behind in Iowa. Nationally he’s still a rather distant second, but he’s still in second place. Seems to me that he should rate as highly on the Democrat side as Carson does on the Republican bench, no?

thehill.com...

The Secret Service is extending protection to GOP presidential contenders Donald Trump and Ben Carson, while beefing up Dem front-runner Hillary Clinton's security, according to a report from Newsmax on Saturday.

Trump and Carson will receive agents as early as next week, with each candidate being assigned approximately two dozen agents. The report cites a source close to the agency's planning.

The move comes days after Trump, the GOP front-runner, told The Hill in an exclusive interview that he should have Secret Service protection.

Trump noted that he had attracted large crowds on the trail and pointed out that Barack Obama had agents protecting him by this point in the 2008 presidential cycle.

“I want to put them on notice because they should have a liability,” he told The Hill. “Personally, I think if Obama were doing as well as me he would’ve had Secret Service [earlier]. I have by far the biggest crowds.”

“They’re in no rush because I’m a Republican. They don’t give a #,” Trump added as a joke.

Trump has relied on his private security detail to protect him on the campaign trail. He reportedly bolstered that security team after receiving a threat linked to the family of escaped Mexican drug lord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman. Trump has been a critic of Mexico and immigration from that country.

Trump's son, Eric Trump, told Fox News's "Fox and Friends," in an interview on Friday that he wished his father had a security detail.

As a former first lady, Hillary Clinton has long had Secret Service protection.

A source told Newsmax that Carson had received a number of threats, calling them "off the charts."

Carson's campaign would not confirm or deny reports that he was slated to receive Secret Service protection.

The report said that Carson was initially reluctant to accept a detail but relented when he was given intelligence about potential threats.

“It is widely believed ISIS would like to strike a major political target in the U.S.,” the source told Newsmax.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Because he's the "Ron Paul" of the Democratic party. They're treating him like a nut-ball. The establishment doesn't want him to be taken seriously.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Because he's the "Ron Paul" of the Democratic party. They're treating him like a nut-ball. The establishment doesn't want him to be taken seriously.

I'd add that some probably wouldn't mind something bad happening to him. Remember this little quote from Hillary back in the 2008 Democratic primaries?

Another way to look at it is this: Secret Service may be like the Roman Praetorian Guard. They were there both to protect the person and to make sure they didn't step out of line. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise not to have Secret Service yet?

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I said that in another thread and it got poo-pooed.

That Larry David impression on SNL is not going to help him look any saner either, 'I have one pair of underwear I dry on the radiator'.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Don't they have to request it first?

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I disagree about the skit, I think it was funny as hell and his site got plugged

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Don't they have to request it first?

Nope, it mentions in one of the articles that Carson was weary and had initially declined.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Does the Secret Service Protect All Presidential Candidates?
No. The Secret Service protects only "major" presidential candidates and only those who request coverage.

about.com

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Because the DNC power women have declared that
Hillary WILL BE the nominee.

www.sun-sentinel.com...

The DNC made it quite clear that the leadership
selected Hillary and she will be the nominee.
www.cbsnews.com...
www.newsmax.com...
www.newsmax.com...

Since voters actually vote for the delegates
and not the nominees, the delegates the way
I understand it are not obligated by law to vote
the way the people voted. They can if they choose,
vote differently than the people who elected
them, want them to vote, when it comes to the
party nomination.

Could be the DNC feels that they have enough
pledges from the representatives that they
will vote for Hillary regardless, that they
can insure Hillary a win. So Sanders doesn't
need Secret Service protection, at least that
might be what the DNC Chair is telling Obama and
the secret service.

Or worse yet, they want to absolutely insure
Hillary is the nominee by making certain it
is possible for Sanders to die mysteriously,
as has happened to many who got in Hillary
or Bills way to power.

edit on 4Sun, 18 Oct 2015 16:12:23 -0500pm101810pmk180 by grandmakdw because: correction

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Says something about society when one needs heavily armed assassins surrounding them to go about their business.

I think there is more legs in a discussion about that to be honest.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Now that trump has secret service protection

It will be easier for CIA to kill him

top topics

join