It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Merkel has gone insane: Offers Turkey 3B and FREE EU passports

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I"m at a loss for words. Been reading a little world news this morning and Merkel is on her way to Turkey today to discuss a solution to curb the migration crisis. By allowing Turkey to extort Germany for 3B and free passports for everyone in return for Turkey to keep migrants there.
I sure hope I understand what I wrote because it makes no sense.

"Our intensified meetings with Turkish leaders ... in the last couple of weeks were devoted to one goal: stemming the migratory flows that go via Turkey to the EU. The action plan is a major step in this direction," said summit chairman Donald Tusk, expressing "cautious optimism".

In formal conclusions agreed by the 28 national leaders at a meeting that ended after midnight, Turkey was offered an accelerated path to giving its citizens visa-free travel to the EU, provided it met previously agreed conditions.

The European Union offered Turkey a possible 3 billion euros ($3.4 billion) in aid and the prospect of easier travel visas and "re-energised" talks on joining the bloc in return for its help stemming the flow of migrants to Europe.

Yup, I think I'm reading that right. Insane! What's going on here with the world? It's gotten up and sat on its head is what.

www.sbs.com.au...

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
what is bugging you ?

visa free travel ?

3 billion ?

both ?

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: 23432

You don't see anything wrong with this deal?

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

Yup, I think I'm reading that right. Insane! What's going on here with the world? It's gotten up and sat on its head is what.

Merkel, a nice a lady as she may well be, is not a political and certainly no material for a ruler.

She started her stupidity, long before the migration started ... in fact, she's the reason for the decline in Germany. She's the kind of person, you may want, when things are going up ... when you need to administer the wealth into sectors otherwise not in the mainstream. But she is a disaster for a declining economy, and certainly for a declining Europe. First, she says "All refugees welcome" ... until she discovered, the entire Euro region will plunge into internal conflict as a result of her idiotcy. Now, she thinks she can ask the turks to "sweep the problem under the carpet".

One idiot move, after another ...

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Ok......UK needs out of the EU NOW. Not in 2017 but NOW.

We fought two freaking world wars to be free from Germany!
edit on 18-10-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

She woke up one morning, approached the full length mirror in her bedroom, gazed into the glass and said "What have I done?"

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

a reply to: 23432

You don't see anything wrong with this deal?

Visa free travel for Turks is long overdue , so there is nothing wrong with it .

3 billion is ok but Turks have already spent 8 billion on refugees over the few years .

What would your alternative would be ?

Ignore the Turks ?

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

All Your Base Are Belong To Us

edit on 18-10-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
evidently the Germany we knew is gone over to Sharia/Islam

the Turk/Ottoman Caliphate & allies along with the Persian & allies Caliphate are being formed right now for the final battle (the Muslims say Dabiq the Christians say Armegeddon

~+ sources: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Everyone stays...

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewokI posted on this the other day. I'm beginning to think she is mentally unstable. I agree we need out now not in 2017. 2017 will be far too late. I think there will be civil war before then the way things are going. If one more thing happens on British soil I think that will tip a lot of the silent majority over the edge. Tick Tock!

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Ok......UK needs out of the EU NOW. Not in 2017 but NOW.

We fought two freaking world wars to be free from Germany!

Kick the can down the road 20 or 30 years and see how many local born their are who have English sounding names , the little village i stay in has a population of 5000 and 2000 are not local but are breeding like rabbits .

Can you see the future now and not a shot was fired

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

Which is probably what governments want...

Jane

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
It seems that what she wants to do is persuade Turkey to do more to stem the flow of the Syrian refugees expected from the current offensive aimed at Aleppo. And there is no mention of visa free travel by the way, it is about Turkish membership of the EU. A result of that would of course mean free movement for Turkish nationals.

Merkel said Germany was prepared to accelerate accession process for Turkey’s membership of EU in exchange for Turkish help to secure European borders and to make sure that fewer refugees reach Europe.

“It is our priority that steps will be taken to prevent an increase of refugees from Aleppo due to the offensive [there] by Iranian militia, Isis and Russian attacks,”

Guardian: Erdogan, Merkel, Aleppo and refugees

Some more context can be found here

EU summit on refugees

The German chancellor, Angela Merkel, said in a speech to the Bundestag on Thursday that providing more support to Turkey could play a key role in helping the EU manage refugee numbers.

“Most war refugees that come to Europe travel via Turkey. We won’t be able to order and stem the refugee movement without working together with Turkey,” she said.

edit on 18-10-2015 by Jonjonj because: addition

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Does everyone on this thread know the fact there will be up 5 million more refugees , mainly due to Putin's actions in Syria ?

They will be heading to Turkey , just like the current 2 million of them who are residing in Turkey as we speak.

When neighbours house is on fire , do not ignore it , flames will surely catch up with your dwellings .

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JonjonjIt said about the visa free in a lot of the newspapers on Friday.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
it won't take long until moore than the half of the population in europe is islamitic...we all know wat happens than with elections...
getting Turkey into the EU means that europe is supporting an genoside regim... (armeniers/kurds)
and Merkel feeds the nationallistic party's in europe...
if we had elections now in holland the party of mr.Wilders would be the biggist now according the last poll's..
all and all Europe is in an big crisis now...commanded by the US and to devided to make sensitiv solutions to solve there problems...
the whole EU is an dead born child afterall...........

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: 23432
Does everyone on this thread know the fact there will be up 5 million more refugees , mainly due to Putin's actions in Syria ?

They will be heading to Turkey , just like the current 2 million of them who are residing in Turkey as we speak.

When neighbours house is on fire , do not ignore it , flames will surely catch up with your dwellings .

o0oh boy. Putin did this now eh? You won't find many supporters here that's for sure.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

o0oh boy. Putin did this now eh? You won't find many supporters here that's for sure.

So you lot support , Russia + Iran against Nato countries ?

Putin might seem like a cuddly bear to you which I understand but remember , bear will end up stealing your honey , no matter what you do .

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
a reply to: JonjonjIt said about the visa free in a lot of the newspapers on Friday.

If you could link to those papers then they could be discussed. As far as I have seen though there was no mention of free passports, What does free passports even mean? Germany doesn't dictate in the EU so that fact alone should show that it is a spun story, and not a true reflection of the facts.
edit on 18-10-2015 by Jonjonj because: clarity

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join