It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yellow-bellied sea snake:Deadly sea snake warns Californians of deadly El Nino

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko Thank you, MMGW just came to me. I was wondering about La Niña, so she should be welcomed by the ocean.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
I'm not sure why they've got go and scare us with using the word deadly for the storms coming, but apparently the sea snakes give us an indication of heavy rain and storms ahead.
As the link here talks about,
www.examiner.com...

California does need rain but one year of heavy rainfall may not be enough as this link goes into detail,
www.latimes.com...

I'll take as much rain as we can get, although mudslides are no good.
So far all I've felt has been teeny tiny sprinkles late in the night.
I remember reading somewhere about how it's best to have light rainfall before heavy as that prepares the ground to better take in the water.
According to the above link, the El Nino isn't supposed to come until between January and March 2016, so maybe we'll get some softer rains before then. The forecast isn't always 100%.
Have a good Sunday ATS!

I'd put more stock in your LA times source. The 'Examiner' is on par with BIN. The extended months to come forecast has predicted El Nino and rain for the west coast this winter, no need for the Examiner's yellow bellied snake forecasting.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
"it unfortunately died" PFFFT!! Die snake die!!!!

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable I found the same story about the snakes in the La Times. It is an interesting story, imo, in either source
www.latimes.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
a reply to: UnBreakable I found the same story about the snakes in the La Times. It is an interesting story, imo, in either source
www.latimes.com...

I guess what I was getting at is that I'd buy the snake story from the LA Times before the Examiner. I've seen too many sketchy stories/hoaxes from the Examiner.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Great article to add.

Especially about how this particular specie's got to the Pacific coast.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The drought will never end in Calif no mater how much rain falls.
The state government will never let it as it give the state to much control.

The problem in Calif is normal rain fall is based on the last 50+ years of above average rain falls.
But tree rings show the rain levels very in long cycles of 50+ to 200+ years.

The only thing that could help Calif in the long term is global warming as you will have more El Nino years.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

The Farmers Almanac has a 98% prediction accuracy rate. Very interesting and factual articles as well.

It's my go-to source for all things weather.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable I value this sort of information as I never know what news to believe. I'll be a bit more wary of the Examiner, thank you for the heads up.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheShadows Thank you for the advice. I see the Farmers Almanacs around all the time and never think to just buy one.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join