It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lets all rap for jesus

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears
Aaaaw, I was diggin' it up until "burn in hell." Now I'm not.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: TinySickTears

That was really bad! Not funny, although I know that's what they were going for. But, there's no way that this, "oh so cool rap" technique is going to change the attitudes of inner city black young people.

Nah, that vid is just the same old typical proselytizing white Christian BSers trying really really hard to be cool, by calling Jesus "My Nigg##", so that kids will relate to Jesus.

Bad taste, really.

2 things. First, most African Americans are already Christians. And second, most rap music buyers are actually white people. The estimates are between 70-80% of rap listeners are white people. I know what you were trying to say though

Remember kids, learning is half the battle (said in the lamest GI Joe voice imaginable).

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

.....most African Americans are already Christians.

Most everyone in the US is already Christian. That doesn't stop other Christians from trying to save them on their personal religious hard drives.

Plenty of inner city young black kids are at risk and may be, could be, the target of this inappropriate video. Although, in reality, I hope not! LOL I really hope not!

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

So you are worried about simple music video about possible converting to christianity WHEN

Christians living in Sweden have been warned to 'convert to Islam or die' in a string of threatening messages linked to the Islamic State. Members of the Assyrian community are understood to have been targeted with sinister graffiti daubed on restaurants and businesses in Gothenburg – a hotbed for jihadist recruitment. The messages bear all the hallmarks of the chilling psychological warfare employed by ISIS in the Middle East, but as yet Swedish police have been unable to track down those responsible. Markus Samuelsson, one of 3,000 Assyrian Christians living in Gothenburg, said he found the walls of his restaurant covered with the messages 'convert or die' and 'the caliphate is here'.

LINK

In that video there were no threats for someone´s life and i would say it was quite harmless, instead this what is happening in Sweden is "Acceptable " ?

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

No, I'm not worried that this silly video is gonna convert people to Christianity. LOL

I just think that the video is in poor taste, regardless of whether it's a sincere effort at proselytization, or it's satirical mockery of Bible Belt white Christians.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

No, I'm not worried that this silly video is gonna convert people to Christianity. LOL

I just think that the video is in poor taste, regardless of whether it's a sincere effort at proselytization, or it's satirical mockery of Bible Belt white Christians.

Most everyone in the US is already Christian. That doesn't stop other Christians from trying to save them on their personal religious hard drives.

Plenty of inner city young black kids are at risk and may be, could be, the target of this inappropriate video. Although, in reality, I hope not! LOL I really hope not!

No, you definitely are concerned about this naive video. It is not about the poor taste as it is obvious this was not intended to be a proselytization video like you stated it is, just naive video where they have had some fun doing it. What really bugs you in this video? It is naive and simple and harmless.

edit on 18-10-2015 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
score 1 for Jesus with the most awkward and uncomfortable video i have watched this week.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
I don't know who those goofballs are but they must be fakes.

It's a hoax...

“Brian Spinney” strung us along for Ad$ense traffic according to one article below.

What's more, the site's Who.is information attests that the site was last updated Feb. 13, 2013, and that it's seen quite a bit of activity of late—activity that’s come nine years after the church’s doors closed for good.

Use of any profanities aside, there's a perpetuated use of the slang word "swag"—a word that once referred to promotional items but now refers to style—towards the end of the track that seems out of place. Why? Because that change in the word's meaning didn't occur until sometime after 2010, when Tyler, the Creator and his rap group Odd Future started screaming it everywhere it went and it became "the most used word in the whole f***ing universe." No chance a pastor in central Iowa would have known how to use that word correctly in 2004. It's impossible. It's downright impossible.

Fake or for real, the joke's on us viewers either way. Whoever this Brian Spinney guy is has set up an AdSense account on his video and strung us along to the tune of about $600, according to AdSense earnings discussed on Warrior Forum. If he's lying, and he created the video in 2013 in an effort to drum up some wide-eyed reactions, he's certainly earned them.

www.dailydot.com...

"Rappin' for Jesus" is a hoax, everybody. Yes, I know it's hilarious to watch middle-aged white Republicans use hip-hop slang. But the rapping pastor dropping n-bombs in Dubuque is not a real person, even if approximately 1.4 million viewers say otherwise. (Watch the video below, but be warned, it's offensive.)

It's a very well-executed hoax, complete with a phony out-of-date church website. Here are the four dead giveaways that it's fake:

1. There's no internet record of an Iowa pastor by the name of James Colerick, outside of this video. That's an immediate red flag.

2. An actual Dubuque pastor has confirmed the nonexistence of the church to The Christian Post.

3. That supposedly defunct-since-2004 site was updated in January. (The YouTube video was uploaded in February.)

4. As The Daily Dot smartly observes, the word "swag" wasn't in common use in hip-hop until after 2010. Do your parents even know how to use it in a sentence? What are the odds that this guy, were he a real person, would have said it before 2004?

godspam.blogspot.com...

“A link to the church’s website appears at the end... Although the news page on the site says the church shut down in 2004, a Whois search on DomainTools.com reveals that the domain name for the site was just created on Jan. 15 of this year.”

Equally suspicious is the fact that Brian Spinney, the person who uploaded the piece to YouTube, claiming in the description that he helped his “pastor” make the video while he was in high school, is now selling downloads on another site for a dollar a pop.

www.examiner.com...

Supposedly, “Pastor Jim” was the head honcho of the now-defunct West Dubuque 2nd Church of Christ, which supposedly closed its doors in 2004 (well before the web site was established on January 15, 2013) and shares a web site creation date with “Brian Spinney’s” YouTube account where the lone video enjoys over 3 million views. Spinney is now selling downloads of the video for $1 as well as other merchandise.

We are unable to find one single person who can confirm that the church, the pastor, or his wife are anything but characters in a poor (but surprisingly effective) attempt at trolling. While a quick Google search easily “outs” this video as a hoax, we just want to remind you that it’s okay to be offended, but the religious community should not be blamed, as some have not been responsible enough to even attempt to verify authenticity.

aattp.org...

edit on 18-10-2015 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

No, you definitely are concerned about this naive video. It is not about the poor taste as it is obvious this was not intended to be a proselytization video like you stated it is, just naive video where they have had some fun doing it. What really bugs you in this video? It is naive and simple and harmless.

So, the purpose of the video was NOT to promote the "word of God" but to mock elderly white, Bible Belt evangelical Christians, and dropping the "N word", as in "Jesus is my "nigg#", is cute, not in poor taste at all!

As you say.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Ya know...i think this thread was intended to be more jovial than it has become. Perhaps off topic remarks could be moved to a new thread in a different forum?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Yo Jesus is cool I must insist, even though he probably didn't exist
Most Christians really don't follow Christ, and if they did they'd be a little more nice
so come on y'all here what I'm saying, being nice for Christ man, I just ain't playin
Stop the hating, judging and crap, if Jesus were here he'd give y'all a slap.

Yes... let's all rap for Jesus
edit on 19/10/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid I am glad your article points out that that they don't represent the Christian or religious community and religious people should not be blamed for putting this attempt at humor out. The video struck me as something to make true followers of Christ look bad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join