It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Mexico Publishes Guide To Assist Border Crossers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The Mexican government is publishing a guide that seems to condone illegal immigration to the United States. Mexico's Forieign Ministry plans on printing 1.5 million copies of the guide that covers survival, legal rights, and how to live undetected in the U.S. It comes with a disclaimer and warnings against immigrating illegally, but contains no information on the channels to do so legally.

www.azcentral.com
The Mexican government is giving out a colorful new comic book with advice for migrants, but immigration-control advocates worry that some of the tips may encourage illegal border crossers.

The 32-page book, The Guide for the Mexican Migrant, was published in December by Mexico's Foreign Ministry. Using simple language, the book offers safety information for border crossers, a primer on their legal rights and advice on living unobtrusively in the United States.

"This guide is intended to give you some practical advice that could be of use if you have made the difficult decision to seek new work opportunities outside your country," the book says.

But immigration-control groups questioned some of the guide's advice.

"This is more than just a wink and a nod," said Rick Oltman, Western field director for the Federation for American Immigration Reform. "This is so transparent, this is the Mexican government trying to protect its most valuable export, which is illegal migrants."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It has been obvious for years that the Mexican government has a decided interest in illegal emigration to the U.S. This publication proves that beyond a doubt.

I could see a book with safety tips for the border-crossers that are going to try anyway. But a section of the book is dedicated to methods of staying undetected while living in the U.S.

I think it's time that both Mexico and the United States resolved the problems of illegal immigrants once and for all. Either work to stop it altogether or smooth the process for legal immigration.

[edit on 2-1-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Good story

Here is a better link www.azcentral.com...

This pretty much goes along with Bush's plans anyway, doesn't it?

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
This story would be hilarious if it weren't so frightening. I think the only hope for America is to recall ALL foreign troops and deploy them on our borders to prevent terrorists and undocumented aliens from entering. It has to be done. The U.S. military can better serve the U.S. citizens by returning home and guarding our country from outside attackers.

It's also much safer for our boys and girls in the armed forces to patrol borders, rather than play the role of foreign agressor half a world away. We could retool the whole military towards border interdictions, with a strike capability for retaliatory or 'capture the flag' missions.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
EagleWingz, We the Native American People also think it's time to resolve the problems of illegal immigrants once and for all. Either work to stop it altogether (impossible) or smooth the process for legal immigration. You do realize you are living on someone else's land, don't you, Eaglewingz?

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Haha! Chakotay, that was funny.

You know what we could do? We could give America back to a newly formed council of tribes, who could then allow, or disallow individuals the right to remain. Every American would have to show up before a tribal council and appeal for the right to remain. Each individual would have to prove that they would not rape the land or attempt to possess an inch of earth. We could all be tenants, living side by side right? No man should claim ownership of the land. It's not his to own. We all have the right to live on it though, so steps need to be taken to insure the land is returned to its former glory.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Making light of this situation is messed up. One of the reasons wages are going down in the US is because of illegals. Also living in Arizona, you get told very quickly not to go play in the desert at nights because it is very dangerous.

Also speaking as someone who has worked with and around them, I am so sick of hearing the Mexican way is better. Quick question for you if the Mexican way is so much better " Why the F--- did you leave!!?"

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Here's my plan to cut the influx of immigration from Mexico!

Cut out welfare and unemployment benefits to the lazy, unmotivated, "Americans", and then they'll get off of their lazy behinds and go to work on the jobs that are being taken over by immigrants or starve!

I have no pity for people who look for governmental handouts.

My philosophy is simple: work or starve.

Back to to thread: Washington DC needs to pressure Mexico City in keeping their people or face the possibility of an entire border lock down.

Shoot on sight! If you don't want to get shot, don't come within the projectiles range! Simply put!

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Thank you Mexico, for your untiring efforts...

Seems Mexico is taking what is written on a plaque at the base of the Statue of Liberty quite literally, huh?

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

Emma Lazarus� Famous Poem

seekerof

top topics

join