It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Pray For My Mom

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I am so very sorry for your loss.

As sad as this is for you, she is at peace and back with the man she has missed for the last 8 years.

When my dad died, I felt an immense loss, as I watched him take his last breath.
When my mom followed him a couple of years later, there was a strange emptiness....knowing you are now an orphan.

My prayers and thoughts are for you...for peace and healing.
[[[gentle hug]]]

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

There's no need to reply.

What Cody said. You take care of you, right now. That's what's important.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I'm so sorry to hear of your mothers passing Night Star.

It sounds like she lived long full life filled with love.

All my prayers and positive thoughts your way.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I'm so sorry for you. Please know that our hearts are with you...

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Night Star, so sorry to hear about your mother. It's never easy and there are no words to ease the pain.

Just keep the memories of her in your heart forever and ever.

“Do you not know that a [wo]man is not dead while his[/her] name is still spoken?”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Best of luck in these difficult times ahead.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I am so sorry for your loss! I wish you strength, comfort, healing and peace. Your mother was a beautiful person and her love lives on.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

God Took Her To His Loving Home

God saw her getting tired, a cure was not to be.
He wrapped her in his loving arms and whispered ‘Come with me.’
She suffered much in silence, her spirit did not bend.
She faced her pain with courage, until the very end.
She tried so hard to stay with us but her fight was not in vain,
God took her to His loving home and freed her from the pain.

Night - I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you today.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Just to let you know I'm thinking of you on this most difficult of days Night.

May your mum's funeral be beautiful and full of love.

Cody

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

edit on 26-10-2015 by alienscot1 because: (no reason given)

I am so sorry to hear of your Mums passing, lots of prayers coming your way. Big hugs too.
edit on 26-10-2015 by alienscot1 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Mom looked beautiful, the service was beautiful, all the love from family and friends was beautiful. So very, very sad, yet relieved that she is not suffering, is in peace and with my Dad.

I am absolutely in awe at all the love and attention and heartfelt sympathy from my amazing ATS family! I could never ever thank you all enough! I hope you all realize just how much of a difference you have made, how you have comforted me in my dark hours and helped me hold on and keep it together. I am so grateful to have you! I love you! HUGS!

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Night Star,
I'm glad you are feeling comforted. And I just wanted to tell you (if I haven't done so before), that your signature content is something I admire very much.

(I first saw it years ago, and it really resonated with me)

You'll be okay. The grief will diminish, gradually.
Nurture yourself, know that your mom loved you, and did her very level best, and that you are the unique offspring of a wonderful woman. She lives on, through you.

“Making the decision to have a child - it is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ”
― Elizabeth Stone

*hug*
edit on 10/27/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Thank you Buzzy! Yeah, my signature always resonated with me as well, which is why I chose it of course. I also felt there would be many who would feel the same about it.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I'm pleased to hear that the service went well and that your Mother looked lovely.

My prayers and thoughts continue with you now, (especially now), as this is when the evolution of your new reality will start to take hold. You will experience possibly latent anxiety and grieve now that your Mom's Earthly closure starts to set in. And thats ok..... please allow yourself that time to happen and not put a lot of thought and stress on yourself because of it. This is a normal process in the transitioning of your new life.

Sometimes the best cure for filling a void is to dive into a project, a hobby or anything that perhaps you've been putting off. But staying active is not only healthy, but is probably what your Mom would've wanted anyway, your moving forward to your own pursuit for happiness in life.

Remember your Mom and Dad both are watching over you so your never really alone as you take them with you everywhere you go in your new adjusting life.

Be strong and confident, knowing that your filled with the Love they have for you during this transitioning period...

Johnny

edit on 10/27/2015 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Night Star, I just logged on to get an update on your mom, I am so sorry for your loss. Knowing they are at peace when we say goodbye to loved ones is in itself a gift of peace back to us. Wishing you and your family much peace. Hugs to you.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

Thanks so much Johnny!!!! It's bad enough losing my Mom, but not sure what will happen with this house/apartment building. Don't know if we will be able to afford the rent in the future. My Mom had owned this house. I love my place and have lived here most of my life. Quiet and safe neighborhood, trees around...sigh. Pretty damned depressed right now!

Been through being hit by a minivan in the past, having cancer, being disabled, having my husband after over 30 years of marriage decide he didn't want to be married anymore, (even though we live together and still get along great...long story), and now maybe having to move eventually and lose what has been my home for so many years. So many places do not allow pets and I would be so lost without my pets. So many places don't allow smoking and I know I shouldn't be smoking, but it helps my stress. I am pretty overwhelmed right now and am tired of having to be so strong for so long. I don't ask for much in life as simple things make me the happiest, but I have had to face so much crap for too long now.

Ok, I'm done whining. I needed to get that all out of my system.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: 2manyholes

Thanks Sweetie! HUGS!!!

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   

You'll be alright. Really. I have faith in you. I am much younger than you and care for a parent with Alzheimer's. I know what it's like. Life is hard, still, you always keep going until the very end. The unknown can be frightening, but no matter where you go you will be ok and surrounded by people who love you. Even if they're not right there with you, they are.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Thank you BrokedownChevy! It must be so difficult for you caring for a parent with alzheimers. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Hi Night. Sending a Dragons Hug and Warmth from My Family to You and Yours...

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Oh Syx, I'm so sorry I missed your dragon hug post. I thought the thread had run its course. I came in here to re-read all the replies as I was thinking it will soon be my first Christmas without Mom and there were so many beautiful things said and so much love in here. Hugs to you and your family as well!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join