It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Pray For My Mom

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Prayers have been sent both to you
and your Mom.
My thoughts are with you in the difficulties
that are ahead.
Spend as much time with your Mom
as you can.
You are the light of her life.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I don't believe in God anymore... but I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I can do positive vibes (to whatever end that would useful to you)

With that in mind... I also suffer from anxiety... It sucks (because it sometimes creates some stupid social situations; in my case)... but it teaches us to be strong; the tough way.

So, you know, hang in there... Be tough

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Wildmanimal

Dearest Night Star,
I'm so sad to hear of your Mothers stroke, but to reach 92 she seems like she's strong of will power and I dearly hopes she makes a good recovery. When I spent 6 months in a rehab hospital I met a most wonderful man who had suffered a stroke, each day he struggled but slowly got back more of his abilities and with that he gave me so much wisdom that a struggling young man needed to hear, he changed my life for the better. I wish you all my love to you and your mum and will cross my fingers for a positive recovery.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Sending positive vibes.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Praying for you and your mom.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Best wishes to you, Nightstar. Try not to let the negative thoughts overwhelm you. Just take things one day at a time and cherish the time you have left with your Mother. You know she wouldn't want you to be worried about her. She's probably worried more about you and rest of the family than she is herself.

Wow 92! I bet she has shared some great stories about the old days.

Hugs!!

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I am praying for your mother and you, dear Night Star. I can only imagine what your mother and yourself are going through. I will pray the Lord sends peace and comfort to all affected by this devastating situation. God bless you!

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Qumulys

Dearest Night Star,
I'm so sad to hear of your Mothers stroke, but to reach 92 she seems like she's strong of will power and I dearly hopes she makes a good recovery. When I spent 6 months in a rehab hospital I met a most wonderful man who had suffered a stroke, each day he struggled but slowly got back more of his abilities and with that he gave me so much wisdom that a struggling young man needed to hear, he changed my life for the better. I wish you all my love to you and your mum and will cross my fingers for a positive recovery.

Sounds like an amazingly wonderful man you met! Thank you!

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Awwww, sweet, thank you!

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: StrangeCottageCheese

I'll take those positive vibes! Thanks!!!

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: mynorgy
She's 92 Maybe she wants to get off this Godforsaken planet and finally be at peace. I do not pray for people as you don't know what they really want. Besides it's all just consciousnesses

She has lived a long wonderful life and is ready to move on. You could always pray for her comfort, courage and strength in what she is facing right now you know.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
To others who have come in and I haven't directly responded to, I thank you for your thoughts and prayers. You are all so wonderful!

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Thank you so much for taking the time to check in!

I'm so glad for you that your Mom only had (not really but) minor injuries.

Please watch out for the "thick-it" that they will, undoubtedly, use for her food and drink. Some folks do not take well to it and will stop eating and drinking. Possibly NOT entirely but, enough.
Older folks already don't eat or drink particularly well and any loss of this can be devastating to their system.

The nursing home lost my Mother's teeth. The SLP tried her on "thick-it". It was the beginning of the end!

I'm not saying she won't do well, I am only saying be AWARE!

((HUGS))

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Sending my thoughts and prayers to your Mom and to you as well.

The best advice I can give you is to stay as involved as possible with her rehabilitation process. It's very easy for elderly people who have suffered a health setback to become depressed and give up. That's where you and the rest of the family come in. Keep encouraging her to do the rehab, to follow the doctors etc. It takes time but a positive mindset is the key.

Hope she feels better soon!

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Djarums

I would rather not to give a star until Nightstar did.

But in the case of your post... It is very good advice.

And I hope that Nightstar see's this and remembers this.

Night, keep this in mind. You must stay positive. I know your at a breaking point now.

You must stay positive now. It will all work itself out.

Love her. Remember, she's the one who taught you how to walk.

edit on 18-10-2015 by crappiekat because: sp

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
sending prayers to you
and your mom

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Sending some positive vibes your way and hers.

Regaurds

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Night Star,

I am praying for your mom, and for you.

I pray that she is feeling peaceful and comfortable, and will have a quick recovery, and that you have peace, also .

Sending love and positive thoughts to you.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Thank you! She is in good hands and they are watching her closely.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join