It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Pray For My Mom

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I'm so sorry.

You may be heading down a path that I took myself not long ago.

Be aware of everything going on around you, know every medication that the hospital gives her,make sure you understand EVERYTHING that is being told to you and any plans for "rehab". If you think for one second that you are NOT "getting it" like what they are saying to you regarding prognosis, etc, you MUST get someone (a close family or friend) to help listen and explain to you what you are being told. Someone you trust. I did that with my Mom because I just couldn't make sense of what I was being told, sleep deprivation or denial either way couldn't grasp it!

Good luck to you and your Mom!
Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Bless you heart Night Star, and your Mama's too. In the past few years I've lost my Mama, my ex (but loved) husband and most crushing if all, my beloved middle son just in April. I feel so badly for you...you seem to be a good, kind and caring person. Keep strong, hold her hand and talk of wonderful memories you both have, because believe me...she will hear and understand you. My Mama was basically in a coma, but as I talked to her about many different things...the tear that rolled down her cheek told me that she heard me.

Please keep us updated. I just know all the warm thoughts and energy coming to both of you will help her heal and give you strength....

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   
ok

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Oh no, this is terrible news for you. Don't forget to look after yourself too, it's easy to forget to eat when you're worried. I'll be thinking of you both, and hoping that she pulls through stronger than ever. My own grandmother has had eight strokes and they don't seem to touch her, she bounces back! I'm sincerely hoping that it's the same for your mum too.

Best wishes,

B x

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Check if she can take Theracurmin along with meds; it's a form of curcumin nanoparticles that crosses the blood brain barrier.

undergroundhealthreporter.com...
edit on 15201549amk2015 by yosako because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Thanks! I hear ya! I usually have my older Sister who deals with things like that for Mom better. Thank God! I get all worried and half hear things that are being said or get confused.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rubicon3

Bless you heart Night Star, and your Mama's too. In the past few years I've lost my Mama, my ex (but loved) husband and most crushing if all, my beloved middle son just in April. I feel so badly for you...you seem to be a good, kind and caring person. Keep strong, hold her hand and talk of wonderful memories you both have, because believe me...she will hear and understand you. My Mama was basically in a coma, but as I talked to her about many different things...the tear that rolled down her cheek told me that she heard me.

Please keep us updated. I just know all the warm thoughts and energy coming to both of you will help her heal and give you strength....

God, you've been through hell and back! My heart goes out to you!
I have been through being hit by a mini van as a pedestrian and have nerve damage in one leg and spinal stenosis and been through cancer. And...after 34 years of marriage, my husband decided he didn't want to be married anymore. We are still living together though and get along great. Weird, I know. It makes me so sad.

For many years while my Dad was still alive, I'd get emergency calls from him or Mom. There was always one of them in and out of hospitals and years of that with my husband. No wonder I have anxiety, it's like you can never completely relax. Sigh...

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: yosako
Check if she can take Theracurmin along with meds; it's a form of curcumin nanoparticles that crosses the blood brain barrier.

undergroundhealthreporter.com...

I'll know more hopefully tomorrow about what's going to happen with her and what meds will be added or taken away.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Your Grandmother sounds like a tough cookie. Inspiring. Thank you!

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Well I pray to the Almighty here and now in the Name of Jesus Christ that your Mom will be comfortable. You are indeed a very wonderful soul Night Star. Your kindness stands out a mile above any other member here. God bless you and may you be guided to overcoming your anxiety and depression.

I am going to say one thing and that is you must stay tough. Your Mom is 92. It is inevitable that she will pass away at some point soon. Please prepare yourself emotionally for this. You can control emotions and not be under constant attack from your own feelings and anxieties.

God bless. Amen.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Thank you so much for your kind words! I know it is inevitable that she will pass away at her age, but I doubt anyone can ever really be prepared for something like that. I know I'll be a wreck and will come crying to you people again.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   

I'm a godless creature, but I believe strongly in the power of love and the strength that can come from it. I'm really hoping you will have good news to share with us in a couple of days. From your responses so far, it's clear you are loved here, Night Star.
Take things slowly and know that people do care.

B x

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Thank you, that was very sweet of you!

If I disappear from the thread, it means I finally got some sleep. Never slept last night.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   

My thoughts are with you and your mother Night Star , I can only send you positive thoughts and my hope for a good news on her condition , be strong.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Hi Night Star - I wish you the strength to see you through this.

Here is Archangel Raphael - Angel of Healing - as a focus for prayers. (I hope I've got the right belief system).

edit on 18-10-2015 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   

My thoughts are with you, Night Star.

I lost my dad 5 years ago, and had never endured such grief before. My mom is my best friend, and I understand the anxiety you mean. Your mom raised a wonderful person, I'm sure she's very proud of you.

edit on 10/18/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Wishing you well and giving you a virtual hug.
Keep your chin up and stay strong.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I wish you all the best and will pray for you both hang in there much love

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

I'm so sorry! My father had a stroke and he lived alone, so help was many hours away. Your mom is fortunate that you're right there.

My thoughts will be with you and I'll be checking the thread often for updates.

Hope you're getting some sleep...

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

(((HUG) for you, prayers for your Mom.

We're here for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join