It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton suggests she'd consider mandatory gun buy-backs, sparking fears of ‘confiscation’

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Indigo5
I dunno? Did the UK or Canada confiscate guns?

Not what I asked you becasue her quote was, 'But certainly the Australian example is worth looking at', which, if you are following along, was NOT optional.

Try answering the question.

And?

The problem might be that while a rational thinker reads "looking at" as an examination to see how it worked and if it worked, why or why not etc.... an irrational thinker would read "She said she wants to confiscate my guns!!".

Not expecting traction when we disagree on the English language.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

The problem might be that while a rational thinker reads "looking at" as an examination to see how it worked and if it worked, why or why not etc.... an irrational thinker would read "She said she wants to confiscate my guns!!".

Where did I say that Clinton wants to confiscate anything? Maybe you can quote my misunderstanding of the English language.

I earlier pointed out this pandering moron would not get a mandatory plan, such as what Australia has, legally through the system.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

a reply to: neo96

Curious...

Gun Deaths per capita..

USA 10.5
UK .26
Australia .86
Canada 2.22

I mean the only places with higher per capita gun deaths are war zones or place like Honduras, El Salvador etc.

We have more gun deaths than the UK by a factor of 40?

What is the reason? Honestly..Do you think that we just like to kill more in the USA than places like Nicaragua?

How do you logic the numbers?

en.wikipedia.org...

If gun deaths are your issue it's like 60% of gun deaths are suicide. Not homicide or accidents. Unless you can figure out how to make a law banning suicidal non criminals from purchasing then some sort of suicide outreach program might be the way to go

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Where did I say that Clinton wants to confiscate anything? Maybe you can quote my misunderstanding of the English language.

I earlier pointed out this pandering moron would not get a mandatory plan, such as what Australia has, legally through the system.

Not interested in bizzaro world debates. You can see your own posts to me in this thread.

G'Day...

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Not interested in bizzaro world debates. You can see your own posts to me in this thread.

G'Day...

My post was quite clear. Was the Australian plan that she wants to explore mandatory or not?

Simple question that you keep avoiding and then make things up to try and skirt providing the answer.

edit on 19-10-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

Curious...

Gun Deaths per capita..

USA 10.5
UK .26
Australia .86
Canada 2.22

I mean the only places with higher per capita gun deaths are war zones or place like Honduras, El Salvador etc.

What is the reason? Honestly..Do you think that we just like to kill more in the USA than places like Nicaragua?

en.wikipedia.org...

If gun deaths are your issue it's like 60% of gun deaths are suicide. Not homicide or accidents. Unless you can figure out how to make a law banning suicidal non criminals from purchasing then some sort of suicide outreach program might be the way to go

Slicing out suicide from the stats and sorting purely on Gun Homicides give the same rankings , but with actually higher differences..

example:
Gun Homicides per capita..
USA 3.55
UK .05

Places like Mexico, El Salvador and Honduras are the places thank outrank us there..
en.wikipedia.org...

So...No..

Why again does the USA have such an unusually high rate of gun deaths?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Curious...

Gun Deaths per capita..

USA 10.5
UK .26
Australia .86
Canada 2.22

en.wikipedia.org...

Slicing out suicide from the stats and sorting purely on Gun Homicides give the same rankings , but with actually higher differences..

example:
USA 3.55
UK .05

Places like Mexico, El Salvador and Honduras are the places thank outrank us there..
en.wikipedia.org...

So...No..

Ok what's the homicide rate as a whole comparison? I guess if you only care when guns are involved then it doesn't matter. But in this country if you want to lower gun deaths hit suicide. If you want to hit homicides then inner cities and less desirable areas might be the focus, even though they don't get the publicity. As far as why? Many reasons, guns have always been available in this country. If guns aren't the reason, what is?
edit on 19-10-2015 by Reallyfolks because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-10-2015 by Reallyfolks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

G'Day...

My post was quite clear. Was the Australian plan that she wants to explore mandatory or not?

Simple question that you keep avoiding and then make things up to try and skirt providing the answer.

Noting personal...but the question was dumb. It was rhetorical. And the question was not relevant to my post.

Did I ever claim that the Australian Buy-Back program was not Mandatory?

Or I can play the stupid question game and ask...Was the Cash for Clunkers program mandatory? Was it??!! Answer me damnit!...how silly is that nonsense?

Again...not interested in a debate absent thinking that is centered on nonsense.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Care to do that math after removing places like Chicago, DC, Baltimore, New Orleans, etc. - places with generally strict gun control?

A huge percentage of those numbers come from drug / gang related crime.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Curious...

Gun Deaths per capita..

USA 10.5
UK .26
Australia .86
Canada 2.22

en.wikipedia.org...

example:
USA 3.55
UK .05

en.wikipedia.org...

So...No..

Ok what's the homicide rate as a whole comparison? I guess if you only care when guns are involved then it doesn't matter.

USA 4.7
UK 1
Canada 1.6
en.wikipedia.org...

How long you want me to fish for a stat that might help you before you answer the question...

Why does the USA have a fantastically higher gun death rate (more so without suicides) than almost every other country?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

You claimed she was 'talking buy backs', the Australian plan was not a buy back.

edit on 19-10-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Curious...

Gun Deaths per capita..

USA 10.5
UK .26
Australia .86
Canada 2.22

en.wikipedia.org...

example:
USA 3.55
UK .05

en.wikipedia.org...

So...No..

Ok what's the homicide rate as a whole comparison? I guess if you only care when guns are involved then it doesn't matter.

USA 4.7
UK 1
Canada 1.6
en.wikipedia.org...

How long you want me to fish for a stat that might help you before you answer the question...

Why does the USA have a fantastically higher gun death rate (more so without suicides) than almost every other country?

I would venture to guess that we are the most drugged country in the world as well. We pump kids full of ssri drugs from a young age because we can't parent. Could be we also have moved towards devaluation of human life. Could be lack of education. Combination of probably. Then again it could be we push this gun is evil stay away mentality, of course we do just the opposite. But guns have always been available. Society has changed the guns are pretty much doing the same thing they always have. Nothing without a person helping.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Texas Governor Abbott to Herr Hillary

NOT IN TEXAS

NOT IN TEXAS --> Clinton suggests mandatory gun buy-backs sparking fears of confiscation.

mobile.twitter.com...

edit on 19-10-2015 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

If she likes Australia gun laws so much she should move over and become President of Australia, I sure Aussies will love her as much as People in the US love her,

4N0M4LY I agree I can not find anybody in my neck of the woods that have anything nice to say about her

Seriously..?

You'd do that to us..?

In all honesty though, I suppose we would deserve it for being dumb enough to allow our previous government to take our guns away.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Curious...

Gun Deaths per capita..

USA 10.5
UK .26
Australia .86
Canada 2.22

en.wikipedia.org...

example:
USA 3.55
UK .05

en.wikipedia.org...

So...No..

Now remove criminals shooting criminals, gang members killing gang members, and lawfull killings like homeowners shooting criminals in the act or cops shooting criminals and you get a lot closer to the UK rates.
All these are listed as homicides in the US

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Curious...

I honestly do not care what other countries do it's their business.

But here in the United States of America.

The constitutional RIGHTS to keep and bear arms Shall not be infringed.

Notice I said RIGHTS there.

Read the Bill of Rights, and the 14th amendment.

Just remember one thing. Not all the weapons were turned in.

The criminals kept theirs.

The STATE kept theirs.

The Cops kept theirs.

And there is the average citizen that still gets shot at.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurkerThere ought to be a law that forbids a politician from working against and illegitimately nullifying our Constitution...

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Hmmm. I just had an interesting thought. What if HC is not even interested in winning the nomination and/or election? What if her only purpose here is simply to bring the subject of gun confiscation into the "debate"?

Because you know how this works. It's like the "healthcare debate". Once someone brings it up, anyone who tries to say nothing at all should be done will be made to feel like they're being sociopathic or some such.

So what if she's just their way of bringing it up and no one is even serious about having her win anything? She has nothing to lose and they have nothing to lose. If they want gun confiscation, they have to go for it before the Democrats lose whatever power they have left. The Republicans can't plausibly do it without their base catching on.

I'm just saying. It always seemed suspicious to me that HC would even bother or that the Democrats would even want her in the race. She has so much baggage it just seems plain stupid. It makes more sense if they're using her as kind of a prop/puppet.

edit on 20-10-2015 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: BobaFettish

I was just been sarcastic, I should not desired the Billary I mean the Hillary effect in any other country, she is poison.

I am sure that in Australia she would find something else to ban.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
how she going to that from jail for violating topsecret info on her secret server?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join