It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton suggests she'd consider mandatory gun buy-backs, sparking fears of ‘confiscation’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Any time this woman runs her mouth in public should give rise to fear. lol

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

originally posted by: crazyewok
Just fear mongering.

She is just pandering for votes as there is no way to actually do this.

There is no way such a thing would ever pass through congress or get approval by the supreme court so its all a load of hot air to gain the vote of wishy washy librals who dont have the brain cells to think through how it could be applicated.

Well my British friend even though I no longer reside in States I do hope you are correct. Back many years ago I remember some of my Australian friends thinking it couldn't happen there either..

There are myriads of factors in the US that are diffrent.

With the UK and Australia we never really had a gun culture except for a few who were in the minority. A law banning guns meant nothing, it was a token gesture as for 99% of us you may have well banned going to the moon on a ballon as it had just as much relevance to our lives.

Unlike Australia you have a intrenched gun culture that permeates your constitution and legal system. In your country it is a right. There is no legal way to take those guns.

As for illegal ways? Well how will they do that without a bloodbath on both sides? With 300 million guns or whatever how can the US governments do a effective forced gun confiscation?
300 million guns and just as many scared paranoid Americans makes it more trouble than its worth.
Why bother when there is far more cleaner and effective ways to get that tyranny ? Bush II showed quite well how big government can undermine rights and expand goverment overreach by useing external threats and fear mongering.

Hell I would say all this gun grabbing talk is a red herring.
Make you Americans focus all your energy focusing on your guns while they strip your other rights.

Dont take my guns!
Bang patriot act
Dont take my Guns!
Bang NSA domestic spying
DONT TAKE MY GUNS!
Bang toture camps and black site prisons
Dont take my guns!
Bang free speach zones
Dont take my guns!
Bang rigged elections
Dont take my guns!
Bang propaganda press
Dont take my guns!!!
Bang wealth redistribution
Dont take guns!
Corperate interference and bribery
Dont take my guns!
Illegal wars and war profiteering
Dont takenmy guns!
Militarization of police
Dont take my guns!
Rampent police brutality
Dont take my......o # im already in a tyranny....
edit on 18-10-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Just fear mongering.

There is no way such a thing would ever pass through congress or get approval by the supreme court so its all a load of hot air to gain the vote of wishy washy librals who dont have the brain cells to think through how it could be applicated.

Well my British friend even though I no longer reside in States I do hope you are correct. Back many years ago I remember some of my Australian friends thinking it couldn't happen there either..

Unlike Australia you have a intrenched gun culture that permeates your constitution and legal system. In your country it is a right. There is no legal way to take those guns.

300 million guns and just as many scared paranoid Americans makes it more trouble than its worth.
Why bother when there is far more cleaner and effective ways to get that tyranny ? Bush II showed quite well how big government can undermine rights and expand goverment overreach by useing external threats and fear mongering.

Well which is it? Scared and paranoid american over nothing or americans aware of the game? Don't see the big numbers for Jeb Bush this time around do you? Old Cletus must have got wise.

The reason you lot never thought much about gun laws is that you have been under the boot for so long.....it just cant be helped. I mean the logic......if it has no relevance then who cares. Great commentary. Back to your embroidery then.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Derp derp derp

Did you even read what I said? Or did you take take the fact im British and think my default position was to grab your guns?

As for culture?

Guess what? Not everyone is the US of A. People have different cultures. You have a gun culture we dont.
Its served the UK well so far and we have been round longer than you.
It probably wont serve you, thats fine its your country I respect that.

By the way I am a British legal gun owner. You can actually gets guns in the UK.

But the fact is gun culture has never been a thing here as its a small country with no dangerous wild animals and has had a pretty stable and moderate government. So it never really took off. We have only had a gun "ban" since 1997.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Yep legally the only way to do it is with a Constitutional amendment.. But in today's world something as flimsy as a legality is nothing more than a speed bump and not a road block.. In their current way of thinking it would appear they will just change the laws on the books and make something up like last time..

The last Assault gun ban did nothing to stop the crime ... The 4 major cities in the states with the toughest gun laws have the highest gun violence rates from what I have read..

Bad guys seem to not care what laws are passed... guess that is why they are bad guys ?

This whole gun debate thing way back when was what got me to join ATS.. Some of the progressive dribble I read on here was enough to make me join and start typing.. Not that whatever I say will make a difference but at least it makes me feel better..

If the States elect Hilary then they will get exactly what they deserve IMO (or there is proof positive the election was rigged !) Either way you have to feel sorry for what was once America... The country I am in has very very strict gun laws.. If you are rich you can buy a pistol and permit.. You average Joe Blow would not earn enough money in 10 years to be able to afford one.. Rifles except for single shot .22s are not available. Yet.. Every couple of months someone gets shot or blown up.. by an unregistered firearm usually by the religion of peace.. About a 1000 a year in a population of 68 million.

I could buy a fully automatic AK-47 for 500USD on the black market if I were so inclined.. So the moral of my story is... Mafia, Cartels, or just plain old "laws don't apply to me" guys have the means and the ways of acquiring weapons... unless you are an island ... and even then I have my doubts about a total ban...

Well, I'm off to check on my spoons. I hear they're making people fat !

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I will also point out I bet the Clintons and bushes and other members of the TPTB are over the moon as the citizens collecting guns.

It means they are not collecting bomb makeing material and over vital guerrilla warfare bits that actually would be a threat.

If you look, at the the last 20 years. So many restrictions have been slapped in place around any chemical and part that could be used in asymmetrical warefare. Hell in some states you cant buy anything but the most basic and smallest of fireworks and your chemical controls are some of the most draconian in the world that make UK gun control look like a half hearted slap on the wrist.

And if the modern would has shown anything its that IED and bombs seems to be the key player in resistance against overwhelming fire power.

A untrained man with a gun its next best thing to useless against drones and attack helicopters. All the use they are is just diversions while you booby trap road sides and set up bombs.

Thats not to say give up your guns. Just they are the next best thing to useless without all the bits and pieces used in guerrilla fightings......things your government banned a long time ago.

What im saying is you have seem so focused on you dick (guns) you never noticed when the government chopped your balls off (bombs).

Anyway when SHTF and rebellion one trend all appears. Even when guns are banned they always find there way into the hands of rebels

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I dont know why your preaching to me on the fallacy of gun control in the US?

At no point have I said the the US should implement it.

I recognise what works in the UK likely wont work in the US. In fact not wont likely, it definitely wont work in the US.

Again do you take the fact im british and immediately equate to by default wanting to ban guns in the USA? Xause id be disappointed if you did as thought you better than that

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Good response. It saved me the trouble of trying to articulate nearly the same message in text so early in my morning before my second cup of joe.

I really don't understand how so many don't have insecurities about having their right to defend themselves taken away, I suppose they don't quite get that once the ability to defend one's person is gone that their property of some type or other is normally liberated soon after in one fashion or other.

One can see this methodology in play in other areas than firearms.

Most conflict today is resolved through financial pressure by the banks in collusion with the government since almost nobody really outright owns anything any more.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Yep when I was a kid and we were digging a well on the farm we hit some serious rocks.. No problem we went and bought some dynamite and solved that problem in about a half a day. It wasn't like the movies either ... Neither is a grenade. I haven't tried to buy any dynamite in the last 60 or so years but I would bet you can't just walk into your hardware store and buy a few sticks anymore..?

Guys who know how or have an interest in such things can usually come up with something.. Otherwise there is always someone who has access in the military and is a brother, friend, or patriot willing to help out.. I for the sake of many hope the stupid are not that totally stupid to start that kind of crap.

Otherwise, what a frigging waste.

Edit to add : at no time was I picking on you ... in my mind anyway... I thought we were in agreement.. sorry if you took it that way..

edit on 18-10-2015 by 727Sky because: ...

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Just fear mongering.

It never ceases to amaze me that the Aussies let that happen to them. It seems somehow so out of character, especially considering the near frontier type lives they live. Vast distances, rural isolation, "rough-lands" type living conditions surrounded by predators.

According to a friend of mine who was stationed in western Australia for 18 months, the result has been disastrous. He lived there with his wife and two small children and their home was burglarized three times and while the family was at home. Kick the door in; brandish a knife, sword, ax, or Handgun....walk through and take what they want. Cops show up 15 to 20 minutes later and could care less.

I'd have thought the Aussies had more spine in them than to allow this to happen.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Yep when I was a kid and we were digging a well on the farm we hit some serious rocks.. No problem we went and bought some dynamite and solved that problem in about a half a day. It wasn't like the movies either ... Neither is a grenade. I haven't tried to buy any dynamite in the last 60 or so years but I would bet you can't just walk into your hardware store and buy a few sticks anymore..?

Guys who know how or have an interest in such things can usually come up with something.. Otherwise there is always someone who has access in the military and is a brother, friend, or patriot willing to help out.. I for the sake of many hope the stupid are not that totally stupid to start that kind of crap.

Otherwise, what a frigging waste.

Edit to add : at no time was I picking on you ... in my mind anyway... I thought we were in agreement.. sorry if you took it that way..

True

Anyone with a military or chemistry back ground who is inventive could get round it.

Which makes me wonder if thats the motive behind the dumbing down of children and the punishment of inventiveness and initiative.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

If you look, at the the last 20 years. So many restrictions have been slapped in place around any chemical and part that could be used in asymmetrical warefare. Hell in some states you cant buy anything but the most basic and smallest of fireworks and your chemical controls are some of the most draconian in the world that make UK gun control look like a half hearted slap on the wrist.

You are so correct on that. Depending on what chemicals you purchase, or are found in possession of, you could come to the attention of the ATF (Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms) or DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration.)

Once when I was looking for some of the chemicals necessary to do gold recovery from e-waste, I came across a website that indicated they would not sell Potassium Nitrate to anyone on their first order. Apparently this vendor had come under the scrutiny of the ATF for past sales and didn't want to have to deal with the paperwork hassle.

But, quite frankly anyone interested in obtaining chemicals like potassium nitrate, nitric acid, ammonium nitrate, etc, can synthesize them from chemicals that are still available. I have a kid's chemistry book from the early 1960s that provides most of the information.

When common household chemicals are outlawed, only outlaws will have common household chemicals.

-dex

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Since there is such high fantasy involved in overturning the Second, let's play in that realm for a minute and pretend that the mandatory turn in was 100% successful and no little groups like what showed up at the Bundy Ranch came and mowed down the gun grabbers.

Can anyone tell me how many metal lathes and drill presses exist in the US? Afterall, there are pretty detail schematics for nearly any firearm you can think of sitting all over the internet. Think maybe some brand new guns with no traces might start being made in workshops all over the country with no regard to current restrictions on being fully automatic since if you are going to have an illegal gun might as well go all out?

And drone striking citizens on US soil just might invoke a very unintended response from some very unexpected places. Like base commanders issuing some orders not authorized by a President Hilary since they sit on some serious arsenals of countermeasures to domestic attacks. Think Dr. Strangelove just with a slightly different plotline.
edit on 18-10-2015 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Yeah I'm not sure what she's thinking here. I'm guessing her advisors gauged the reaction to Bernie's rather reasonable views on the 2nd amendment and figured that going the opposite direction with it will garner some favor.

Bernie is a politician (a professional liar). They all want the same thing. You can't believe a word they say. Any of them. The only thing that counts is what they do. And if they plan on doing something they know won't be popular, they sure as hell won't tell you before they have your vote.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Why not just pay criminals not to commit crimes?

"Thinking of robbing a bank? Come by the DA's office and collect your 'Hillary Clinton Crime Buy-back (HCCBB) check' for $25,000.

Mugging, get your HCCBB-mugging check' for $150.00 (average mugging take)*

*(Limited offer, must register to collect winnings, only one entry per crime-family).

"Kidnapping?, HCCBB will pay you $125,000 not to kidnap that executive, just come down, register with us and get your check, tax-free".

Hey, it could work. You'd register all felons, money spent would be a TINY fraction of what they spend on LE.
edit on 18-10-2015 by Maverick7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

It has been said that there are "more guns in this country that there are people'.
If this statement is even close to being true, there would be over 300,000,000 guns to be conviscated.

What kind of twisted logic tells someone they can locate and collect this many guns when they admit the 12,000,000 "illegal" immigrants is too many to arrest and deport.

I personally know of several weapons which no one will ever find and conviscate.
edit on 18-10-2015 by tinymind because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This would be shot down in the courts (pun intended) before the ink were dry on any potential Executive Order.

She is just doing more of her imbecilic pandering shtick.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

There are, but doesn't the TPP give a coalition of countries stronger powers over what goes on the Internet? Additionally, our current administration has been bending over backward to put the Internet into the hands of the UN along with whatever all is in the so-called Net Neutrality deal that people still don't really know about or fully understand. They don't do things all at once these days; it comes in parts.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

This would be shot down in the courts (pun intended) before the ink were dry on any potential Executive Order.

She is just doing more of her imbecilic pandering shtick.

This court maybe, but how old is Scalia? Lose just one justice and let Obama appoint one, and the balance of power changes.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Dont take my guns!
Rampent police brutality
Dont take my......o # im already in a tyranny....

Don't take my server!
Bang deleted files.

New boss, same as the old.

Massive ego's, entitlement, and narcissism are prerequisites for high political offices here in the USA.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join