It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40% of all Americans are worried about their personal religious freedom

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Well, even you and I have had a argument or two on here as well. This format however invites it to some degree because we are here to discuss different topics so it's expected versus just a couple strangers sitting in the same room. It gets intense because we both think our perspective is correct and stand by it. I'll admit I find your opinions frustrating sometimes too as I'm sure you do mine, but I doubt we'd ever discuss them to that point in person and I don't think negative toward you personally for having them. But I wouldn't figure you to be the type that would react like Kim Davis for example either. Whether you agreed with Gay Marriage or not I would assume you'd do your job and keep that opinion basically to yourself unless asked. That's a major difference and is a good example of the different types of Religious People I'm talking about.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
On topic though I'd say Religious Freedom, loosely speaking, means Freedom to Believe in Something that might be incorrect or unpopular. That's important for everyone. I think personally it's being used in a very political and subversive way under an official title called "Religious Freedom". In this sense I would say 40% might be a good number and expected.

The way I see it, we should all act in a humble way when our beliefs influence our actions. Since they are simply things you believe. This becomes difficult since ideas we follow intensely and "Religious Beliefs" not only are the root of everything we personally think are true but other counter mindsets are considered Lies or Deceptions. So there is almost something compelling us to try and remove the lies if you are about "truth". It's like if you really love apple pie, better than any other pie, but also hate cherry pie, as if literally you thought cherry pie was damaging people. You'd not just promote apple pie but wouldn't want anyone damaging themselves eating those deadly cherry pies either.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   

edit on 20-10-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join