It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything is basically set up to put you in debt.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I have been shopping for a house, a new car, even dental and medical work all these are set up to put you in debt.

buying a house is ridiculous the bank wants you to be in debt for 30 plus years.

Buy a car and the Bank wants you to be in debt for 7 years.

Get in an accident and need major medical services, even with health insurance you will be in debt for 5 to 7 years.

Just one tooth to have a crown will put the average working person in debt even if he has dental insurance for about 6 to 10 months.

Unless you make really good money say 30 to 50 dollars an hour there is no way for you to make any purchase with cash and using a credit card always put you in debt if you need a Refrigerator, TV, washer and dryer, even a bed (not to mention bed linens) will put you in debt.

The whole system is rigged to put people into debt or a form of indentured servant status. Because you will be working for the banking institution just to pay off your debt for LIFE!

There must be a way out of this system. There must be a better way than putting EVERYBODY (except a few Elites) in DEBT.

I would like to buy a car a whole sale if I pay cash but I can't find any dealer who will do it.

How about a washer or dryer Can I buy one for cash anywhere and get a wholesale price if I pay cash. NO!

The system is rigged against us and we are sentenced to be slaves for the banking industry.
edit on 17-10-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I save a little for bigger sums and only buy what I can afford.
Second hand stuff are a lot cheaper and can be bought with cash. I recently bought a tennis racket Prince at 1/7 of the store price, and it's just like new. I wouldn't be able to buy it at full price.
People buy a lot of useless pricey things then they are happy to get rid of them for almost nothing. Second hand smartphone too, one year guarantee, a third of the price. Saving me lots of money, money I use for unavoidable expenses.
I've learned some lessons the hard way after having 3 credit cards that buried me in debt for years; today I use no credit card except the prepaid type.
Maybe I cannot afford everything I could have with a credit card, but I do sleep with no worries at night.
edit on 17-10-2015 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

I've known this for a long time now. If you find a way out, let me know. The only way out I see is to become one of the 1% but good luck with that. Sure, there is opportunity here, but it's built like a pyramid scheme. There has to be a multitude on the bottom making peanuts to support the elite few on top. I make at the top end of what you call good money but that's not anywhere near enough. I'm strapped paycheck to paycheck because that's what the system is designed to do to us. The more you make, even if you don't spend extravagantly, the more you must pay.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Thats how they keep the wheel going, they get richer, we get in debt and keep on paying throught the roof so the few can enjoy a filthy life of luxury.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
You nailed it. Everything is supposed to put you in debt. The more in debt you are, the more the people in charge make money off of you. And when you attempt to live in a fashion that is self reliant and sustainable, you will be pummeled with taxes, suppressed, and may even have a lawsuit coming your way, even if it's growing some vegetables in your backyard.

It's time for a total societal meltdown.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

The system is rigged against us and we are sentenced to be slaves for the banking industry.

You can say that again, Brother. Two hours ago I got home from buying a car. 30k gone - poof......You owe you owe, so off to work you go...

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclownI was told that a 30K car can be had for 1/2 that wholesale if you pay cash. But the way the system is it wont let us buy direct from the factory unless you are a dealer and even the prices to a dealer are higher than 15k.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I keep saying it money is what is holding us back as a species. The mark of the beast. Of course people will come on here and say its really greed or money is a good thing. That person who just cant afford the medicine they need or the family that has to choose between food or paying heat bill.

The poor people who work their whole lives and save up and then the savings just dont seem to make ends meet.

Yes watch the people defend this evil thing.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
The best form of containment to a being that consists of mental, emotional, biological components...

Is a system of thought, that is so far from being natural, it's program is accepted unwittingly, and practiced a life time over by mental, emotional, biological persons.

Turn what is natural and perfect, and make it accept an unnatural program that is imperfect and artificial.

The most powerful form of control, is mental.

That's why the controllers of the time called it "government".

Govern + Ment = govern the mental = govern minds.
edit on 17-10-2015 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
I have been shopping for a house, a new car, even dental and medical work all these are set up to put you in debt.

buying a house is ridiculous the bank wants you to be in debt for 30 plus years.

If you don't buy a house .... you will be paying rent for the whole of your life?

you don't have to buy at the top of your budget, buy small and move up the property

ladder as you go? I have always saved something during my working life, and I had

a 30 year mortgage but as I had saved enough 20 years into the mortgage I paid it

off early .... and saved the money I had been paying in mortgage for the remaining

10 yrs ... a nice little lump sum.

I am retired now and the biggest expense is the roof over your head and I am free

of that!!

Buy a car and the Bank wants you to be in debt for 7 years.

Many people buy *new*cars then for some reason (new job with company car?) and

then no longer need it and want to sell, its scandalous how the value of a new car

drops as soon as it leaves the showroom !! However their loss can be your gain ...

I have bought two cars like that, a couple of grand less than new price and less

than 3'000 miles on the clock.

Get in an accident and need major medical services, even with health insurance you will be in debt for 5 to 7 years.

Cant comment on that we have a good NHS and treatment costs nix!

Just one tooth to have a crown will put the average working person in debt even if he has dental insurance for about 6 to 10 months.

Dental treatment is very expensive so it is pertinent to take very good care of

them. I find they often want to do things before its absolutely necessary....

Unless you make really good money say 30 to 50 dollars an hour there is no way for you to make any purchase with cash and using a credit card always put you in debt if you need a Refrigerator, TV, washer and dryer, even a bed (not to mention bed linens) will put you in debt.

Similar to the car situation people sell these items very reasonable my mother

died shortly after buying a new TV and washing machine .... someone got a

bargin there!!

Its all down to *wants* and *needs* do you really NEED it NOW?

or do just WANT it NOW??

when my daughter moved into her new house she only had the bare essentials,

it was 3 months before she had a 3 piece suite.

The whole system is rigged to put people into debt or a form of indentured servant status. Because you will be working for the banking institution just to pay off your debt for LIFE!

There must be a way out of this system. There must be a better way than putting EVERYBODY (except a few Elites) in DEBT.

I have never been more than averagely paid .... but I have never been in debt

I have used many ways of borrowing some companies do 10 months or sometimes

3years free credit (no interest) I have used that.

I would like to buy a car a whole sale if I pay cash but I can't find any dealer who will do it.
How about a washer or dryer Can I buy one for cash anywhere and get a wholesale price if I pay case. NO!

If you go the *nearly new* route as I have explained above I works out at wholesale

and there is still warrantee on the goods?
edit on 17-10-2015 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

That's why myself and many others on here preach about the eradication and replacement of this slave financial system run by banking cartels.

No matter how hard you try to make an honest living, you end up with debt one way or the other.

Those people I know, personally without any form of debt are those folks still living the old sustainable methods of livilihoods and barter system.

If anything, this system needs to be thrown in the garbage bin, it's just not a fair playing field. The corruption in the system explains itself.

edit on 17-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The banks love customers being in debt. That's how the whole global financial system works. International banks lend money to central banks, central banks lend that money out to private banks. They lend money out to businesses and individuals. The interest goes back in the other direction.

I read some accounting theory books, and the basic idea is that if a person deposits money with a bank, uses their private property as a deposit on a loan, the bank can put all three items on their balance sheets as assets; the deposit, the property and the interest from the loan. The banks are even allowed to cross lend money to each other and claim that as income.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I have two cars (because there's no warranty on older cars... sometimes you need a spare...)

$200 a month for both of them, not covering fuel.
That's maintenance, parts, repairs, upgrades (getting a limited slip for winter driving this year...), and replacement.
I just wire that 200 a month into another account every month- and everything the cars need come out of the account. By the time cars aren't worth repairing, there's enough left over in the account to replace them.
Seems to work for me....

but yeah, you're right- the system is set up to keep you in debt.
There IS NO WAY OUT- Read that 2-3 times.
It used to be you could buy land and live on it- but now property taxes and permit processes have taken care of that. You don't own the land you buy- they do. You just pay for permission to use it.

Every year going off grid gets less legal. They want to find and imprison people who don't play the debt game, and they're getting good at it.

Only way out is to break the system. The good news is it's doing a pretty good job falling apart on its own- the bad news is we're all pretty well screwed when it reaches its tipping point, because those in power will do whatever it takes at that point to keep their status of ruling class as long as they possibly can.

Good luck.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

I hear you brother.

It is Expensive to be Poor in America

I had insurance when my root canal was done. That saved me money, but then I was told that my insurance would only pay for the crown after I had been with them for one year and three months. Okay, fine. Only one small problem, I had just quite my job. As a result, I couldn't just wait a few months to finish the work, I had to out of pocket.

It was just $450 but it wiped out my savings and as a result keep me from making needed car repairs... in the end it sunk my ship. I had been on the job for over a year, but that wasn't long enough??? WTF There are dentist office on every freekin corner in this damn city (las Vegas) and every time I see one I think how F*UP this country is.

76% of Americans (even those earning over 50k) live paycheck to paycheck.

Fewer than one in four Americans have enough money in their savings account to cover at least six months of expenses, enough to help cushion the blow of a job loss, medical emergency or some other unexpected event, according to the survey of 1,000 adults. Meanwhile, 50% of those surveyed have less than a three-month cushion and 27% had no savings at all.

Last week, online lender CashNetUSA said 22% of the 1,000 people it recently surveyed had less than $100 in savings to cover an emergency, while 46% had less than $800. After paying debts and taking care of housing, car and child care-related expenses, the respondents said there just isn't enough money left over for saving more.

Saving money? You must be joking.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Yes I find the 30 year loan to be a repulsive form of enslavement. We need to lower the maximum length of a loan to 10 years. Houses are not worth what they are asking us to pay for them over 30 years.

And this BS is why rents keeping getting higher. The renter has to pay the landlord and the bankers.

edit on 17-10-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elementalist
The best form of containment to a being that consists of mental, emotional, biological components...

Is a system of thought, that is so far from being natural, it's program is accepted unwittingly, and practiced a life time over by mental, emotional, biological persons.

Turn what is natural and perfect, and make it accept an unnatural program that is imperfect and artificial.

The most powerful form of control, is mental.

That's why the controllers of the time called it "government".

Govern + Ment = govern the mental = govern minds.

No doubt this is also why a mortgage is named....
mort = death.....gage =pledge

The word “mortgage” comes from the French “mort-gage”, literally death-pledge. The French peasants were working until they died for the privilege of owning a house. Same Game! Same People! Different Time! WTH!!!

truedemocracyparty.net... /
Looks like not much has changed over the years

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Nice! A work well done! Applauses! Except, its always been like this....

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

It's part of the reason the middle class is shrinking.

Credit card solicitation in the mail is basically trying to get people to sign up and hope they don't pay off their balances at the end of the month. Sure they may advertise a gimmick on interest rates but after a year the rate skyrockets! They definitely want you to accrue a huge amount of debt on your credit cards so they can count on that interest rolling in every month. Oh and don't be late or you'll get slapped with a late fee!!!

I rarely use my credit cards anymore, and if I do, I make sure it's paid off before the end of the month. They got enough of my money when I was young starting out and ended up accumulating a huge balance.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Now i know a lot of people are going to call me a drain on society, scum, tramp etc but i dont care, im going to say it anyway as i dont live my life to please everyones opinions or live to everyones political correctness. Im against the system and live debt free. Ive worked for years stressed out, unhappy with feeling like everyone wants my momey, stressed because i dont have the time for further education or to even advance my spiritualism because when i come home from work i just want to eat, sleep then repeat.

So now ive lived comfortably the past 8 years claiming benefits, against the slavery and system, have my rent, food, and all my bills payed for. I dont care if i lose the roof over my head, id happily live in a tent if i had to. I have all the time i need 24/7 to educate myself and advance spiritually if i choose to. I dont need a car when i can use public transport, which i rarely do as id rather use my legs or pushbike to keep fit.

Why dont everyone join me and soon enough the whole system will come crashing down?? Then when the government decide to stop benefits entirely for everyone all those effected will be willing to overthrow the government once and for all and scap the whole system. And not only all those claiming benefits will be effected but so will all the families of those be effected, so it will go up the ladder and spread through society as you can imagine.

Im only one person against the sytem, debt free, happy, healthy and living the life i have the time to live without stress! Dont be a sheep and follow the crowd, follow me and you'll soon see for yourselves. Im ready for the hate messages but i dont care, i have worked and hard at that because i was a labourer that worked long stressful and physically demanding days and had to do overtime just to be able to afford to live and pay my bills and rent. Now i dont have a worry in the world as everything is payed for me. Gd night and god bless

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ParanoidCovKid

How do you get benefits? Disabled? I don't know where you live but here you have to be able to document things like that and unemployment doesn't last forever or pay as well as a job.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join