It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who decides what ATS topics appear on Twitter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Hello ATS staff !

I have a question that may be completely pointless but I had the urge to ask. Who decides what threads get posted on Twitter?

My reason for asking is that I use Twitter and I follow ATS of course but I get a bit bemused as to some of the threads that are tweeted. I've came across several tweets since ATS has been on Twitter that when I've clicked on the thread, the thread turns out to be complete rubbish or threads that have been debunked or been proven to be hoaxes.

So what you may ask? Why should I be worried?

As we know being on ATS we like to open people's eyes, ATS brings the truth out on stories while our mainstream media channels pump out crap and lies. We often here the word 'sheeple' being used as to describe those who believe everything they are told by the controlled media. ATS is a good way to reach out to those who want to see the light and to open up their minds. Where am I going with this?

To encourage more people to ATS and to encourage more people to think of different ways to look at life and the news we hear about. Now when ATS posts threads on Twitter or Facebook for that matter and the thread is complete garbage those who have never ventured on to ATS are going to look at the thread that's posted and see its complete nonsense, in turn when they next see or hear about ATS that person is going to think to themselves 'well last time I read something on ATS is was crap why should I bother reading anymore of their rubbish'

My point is that while being on social media is a good thing the quality of the information that is posted is sometimes so poor I often think why on earth did ATS staff post this. It damages ATS's credibility into being an alternate news source and it doesn't give off a good vibe for those who have never heard of ATS.

So just a thought next time an interesting thread appears on ATS maybe whoever is in charge of social media posts just give it a few moments before posting it and giving the thread a chance to develop. The last thing we need is for a post to be put on social media which turns out to be totally bogus that ends up making ATS look like a joke .. We wouldn't want this.

ATS is great and let's keep it that way and let's show those on social media we sent all crazy conspiracy theorists but we try to find the truth from fiction in this crazy place we call life.
Sorry to sound like I'm ranting but it was just a thought I had. As per usual if this thread is pointless please delete.

Thank you and be well!!

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
All new topics come up on the Twitter feed the moment they're created.

If you click New at the top, and read downwards...
Then read the Twitter timeline from newest tweet to oldest, they're all there in order.

Maybe you know this and you're wondering why specially selected threads are not chosen instead...

It was like that a couple of months ago, it also came with a photo and quote from each selected thread...

I thought that was better to be honest.

So I guess in a way we are in agreement.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Who decides what threads get posted on Twitter?

What does that mean?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs
Ah I see now .. No I didn't know that thanks for enlightening me
makes more sense now I assumed it was someone picking out threads and posting them on Twitter

Yes I guess we are in agreement, I guess I believe that the way this happens can damage ATS's credibility and finding out and sharing the truth

Now that I know how the Twitter feed works, ATS admin unless you feel like this thread can form into a discussion about the best way to share threads on social media then please do what you wish with this thread/question. Maybe it will appear on Twitter
haha

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

Who decides what threads get posted on Twitter?

What does that mean?

Sorry my English may not be that great despite being from England haha

Basically on Twitter, ATS threads pop up if you follow ATS on Twitter. I was under the impression that someone or some people selected which threads were put on the Twitter account. I never knew it was autonomous as stated by CharlieSpiers's comment above

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I see, thank you.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

You're welcome .. Sorry I have trouble trying to explain things .. Even though it sounds right when thinking it in my head

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Hmmmm just double checked and it turns out I'm wrong, they're not all there...

My apologies, ThePeaceMaker...

It seems they are selected.

This is definitely worthy of discussion now you bring it up...

From what I can gather AboveTopeSecret (main forums) threads do appear...
But BelowTopSecret (sub forums) threads do not...

I could be wrong about that too, but it appears that way.

I still prefer the old specially selected with quotations and pictures Twitter choices.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs
Hey Charlie no need for an apology considering I bought up the thought perhaps I should of looked first to see what actually gets posted

However I do feel it's something that may need looking at or at least discussing, maybe something ATS staff can discuss amongst themselves. The last thing we need for this great forum is for it to be tarnished by poor threads being put on social media.

And I agree I preferred the old way that threads were placed on social media

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
All new topics come up on the Twitter feed the moment they're created.

Not quite true, because there are gaps. I have noticed specific threads being omitted.
The most you can say is "most new threads".

P.S. I've just noticed your amendment in the later post.
In fact many of the "off-topic" threads also get included.
For example, some of the threads in "Religion and Theology" get posted on Twitter, and some of them don't, which implies that a conscious choice is being made somewhere.

edit on 18-10-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The feed to Twitter is automatic but staff have a means of removing them from Twitter if necessary.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer
Thanks for replying springer much appreciated. What are your views regarding certain threads being put on Twitter that without sounding nasty are complete rubbish. As I said above if a thread was out on Twitter that's absolute garbage would this not tarnish ATS as a alternate news forum. Would poor threads being placed on social media result in people seeing ATS as a joke

top topics

join