It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians, have you ever considered you might be on the wrong side?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

A fictional place invented by people who want to control people with fear.

Agreed..

How would one experience the bliss of Heaven if ones body is dead? I don't know. That's metaphysics for you

yes... its fun to contemplate... but the reality is we don't know

Heres a couple things to read.... I don't know if you remember these threads but...

Can you imagine what Non-existance is like?

Does Pain exist after death?

I don't believe in either heaven or hell... but progression... progression on to what?

We shall find out...

That said, this is general metaphysical musings and not really something we can attribute to Christian scripture. Or can we? Again, to me it seems to be speaking of a realm where people 'go' and 'experience' eternal suffering. That's just how it reads to me *shrug*

Im more of the belief that Jesus likely didn't ever mention hell... it was something added to the text for the reason we've already agreed on above

We'd have to transcend and become something godly ourselves to handle eternity...surely. At which point what's the difference between death and the dissolution of self?

it seems to me, Jesus did say "ye are gods"...

The spirit is a part of God which returns to the source when our body fails

edit on 17-10-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

Look, I'll be straight, we could both spend the rest of lives arguing about which of us is right.

In the end, you would very unlikely believe anything I've said.

FACT: you have been massively deceived...

How do I know this?

Well, lets just say I DO know, or I wouldn't be here telling you this.

Bottom line: you need to go directly to the SOURCE of truth if that's what you are really after.

God says: "Prove Me, if I want to open the windows of Heaven and do wonderful things for you."

He's given you an invitation, it's up to you whether or not you accept it: "Prove Me. Try Me. See Me. Taste, and see how good it is."

Want to learn REAL truth?

Ask, seek, and knock...

God tells us that if we DILIGENTLY seek Him, that He will reveal Himself to us.

Also, start studying the lives of those in the past who connected with God in a real and tangible way.

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
God doesn't lie either - but he veils the truth from those who consider themselves wise in their own eyes. Finding the truth is a matter of humility and the acceptance of our need for grace (nobody can be counted pure in the eyes of God... Perseverance in seeking the person of God is the key. If we knock, the door will be opened. After that, it's just a matter of time until he 'leads us into all truth' by the power of His Spirit.

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
You are an open-minded sort of person, by the look of things! A rare thing in these days and times. I would advise you to pray a simple prayer, and see what happens. Test it out! Simply say: ''God, if you are real, would you reveal yourself to me in some way. I want to know the Truth...'' That's what I did ten years ago, and the very next day someone walked past me in the street, before stopping, turning back and pointing to me. She said: '"You've been praying. God answers prayer. Come with me...''

She was prompted by the still, small voice of calm, the voice of God's own Spirit, who lives with all believers, to be an intermediary between me and God, to prove His existence, so that I could answer the call of God, to give my life to Him.

I came to faith in Christ through her talking with me, and since that day God has shown me a thousand things that I would have no natural way of knowing. He does so in order to help us in real, practical and spiritual ways, and to help others to come to know Him. He desires for you to walk with Him, and to know His voice, and to bless your life in a million different ways. Take it or leave it - but I hope you take it, in faith. Ask, and you will receive. Seek, and you will find. Knock, and the door will be opened to you.

Don't bother with 'Droidus the spirit guide' (or others like him) - he has no answers for anyone; not even those who are devoted to him. God Himself will be your guide.

originally posted by: WeAllDieSoon
The nature of the Truth is that not everyone hears it. The proof of God is everywhere. Creation itself is proof.

Knowing the Truth and proclaiming it is not pride. I can provide evidence, which I already have, but proof is something that comes from God. The truth is either God revealed the truth or He didn't. The truth is you have been given the ability to seek the truth. Where there is smoke... Me, I know because I spent years seeking. My God has revealed Himself to me. He does that after you seek Him. He does it because He said He would.

You can't know if I am telling the truth, though. That is because God designed your reality so that it is up to you, personally, to seek the truth. If you hear it, and believe it, you will seek God. And then you will know what I know.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator
Christianity and all of it's secs have dominated most of the world for centuries.

If you are referring to the Christianity that has been infiltrated, you could just be right.

If you are referring to REAL Christianity, you would be incorrect.

The stealth agenda behind false religion is to instill skepticism and raise doubts about the original and to keep you away from the genuine.

This is why Jesus opposed religion and the religious people hated Him so fiercely.

God is not the one behind religion, that would be the one who has been lying to you and I.

"What if I told you Jesus came to abolish religion... just because you call some people blind doesn’t automatically give you vision..."

...the goal is to infiltrate it with their compromising philosophies and attempt to destroy the Church from within."

"What if there were people within the various Churches of God who covertly were guiding the members to slowly accept new ideas which are alien to the true faith and who were dedicated to destroying that faith at all costs?" JESUIT-JEDI MINDTRICKS

...most of our institutions are infiltrated and run by racists, satanists, perverts and criminals, often masquerading as devout and God-fearing Christians.

Did the Illuminati Exterminate Canadian Indian Children?

In the late forties the Illuminati wanted to infiltrate the churches because they understood the power of God within the structure of the church, and they had to find a way to infiltrate the church to break down that spiritual strength within the church, the power of the holy spirit that works within the church. They had to find a way to infiltrate that, and they wanted to bring the world into the churches so that the churches wouldn't be so strong spiritually. That was part of my father's job.

The method the illuminati used to infiltrate the organized church

What if I were to tell you, that there is a vast Satanic conspiracy to deceive the masses of every society on earth? What if I were to tell you that the top leaders of the world’s religions were in league with the Devil? Would you think I’m crazy? I would! Yet, the truth is stranger than fiction! You have been lied to my friend. Few people in the world today are aware of just how much Satan has infiltrated organized religion. Link

See this search for more on this...

edit on 17-10-2015 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Of course, all the time, be stupid not to - you don't think we are stupid do you?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
If I am living the life I live in Christ today, it will not hurt me after I die and there is nothing there.

but certainly

17And if Christ be not raised, your faith [is] vain; ye are yet in your sins. 18Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished. 19If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable. 20But now is Christ risen from the dead, [and] become the firstfruits of them that slept. 21For since by man [came] death, by man [came] also the resurrection of the dead.

Sure about that Chester? What if any one of the 4000 gods worshiped on earth today is right, and you're wrong? And you chose the wrong savior. Things might not go so well in the afterlife for you. Same logic you're using to push your belief in the bible.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

At which point what's the difference between death and the dissolution of self?

There is darkness (pain/lack of Love) and Light (Love).

It's important to be Born Again through God:

1 John 4:7-8 King James Version (KJV)

7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

edit on 17-10-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

As far as I know there is only one God who saves and that is Jesus Christ. No other religion makes that claim, not one.

Like I said if I live a life in Christ is will not hurt me if or not.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: Klassified

As far as I know there is only one God who saves and that is Jesus Christ. No other religion makes that claim, not one.

Like I said if I live a life in Christ is will not hurt me if or not.

I see. Hope that works out for you then.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
The Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil does not mean what you think it means. In Hebrew it denotes goodandevil evilandgood. So when you say that Satan gave us the knowledge between right and wrong, you're wrong.

"The Kingdom of God is within you."

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Welp, I respect your right to disagree, but at least with what I believe there's no harm to me if I'm wrong.
I understand where you're coming from, but Lucifer isn't God. He doesn't even compare. And he knows it.

Evil is to blame for the woes of the world. I see Lucifer as a party to Evil, but not as Evil itself. He isn't going to change sides, which shows good integrity on his part--and I don't hate him. I hate evil. God created Lucifer, too. He is God's most-beautiful angel and the ex-choir master. And I sure love beauty and music. But, I love God way more. It's sad that we can't all get along, but it is what it is.

I hope you figure it out. Jesus is the only way out of Hell. You seem to love Creation instead of God. That's idolatrous. Just sayin'.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Welp, I respect your right to disagree, but at least with what I believe there's no harm to me if I'm wrong. I understand where you're coming from, but Lucifer isn't God. He doesn't even compare. And he knows it.

Yeah if you want to take Pascal's wager for a spin go ahead. Klassified mention this already but I'll regurgitate it, the odds are against you and Christianity as a whole to believe in a God when there's a thousands upon thousands of them, it's not a logical approach.

Evil is to blame for the woes of the world. I see Lucifer as a party to Evil, but not as Evil itself. He isn't going to change sides, which shows good integrity on his part--and I don't hate him. I hate evil. God created Lucifer, too. He is God's most-beautiful angel and the ex-choir master. And I sure love beauty and music. But, I love God way more. It's sad that we can't all get along, but it is what it is.

Unethical human behavior is what enables the atrocities we hear in MSM not the absolute objective morality stance in regards to the dichotomy of good and evil. Morality is entirely subjective and shifts with social developments of a civilization. In other words, go back 200 years ago in the U.S the explicit intolerance towards same-sex marriage,interracial marriage and permitting slavery among others were all par for the course. Correct me if I'm wrong, with regards to your mythology Didn't everyone get along? Lucifer and God were the best-est of friends and humans lived along side animals who were all herbivores. It clearly wasn't always Lucifer Vs God..

I hope you figure it out. Jesus is the only way out of Hell. You seem to love Creation instead of God. That's idolatrous. Just sayin'.

Honestly if I had to choose any ridiculous religion I'd be a Satanist,Jesus is a benevolent guy but his Dad's a #ing tyrannical asshole.
edit on 18-10-2015 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Honestly if I had to choose any ridiculous religion I'd be a Satanist,Jesus is a benevolent guy but his Dad's a #ing tyrannical asshole.

please refer to my first post in the thread...

that is just not true

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I asked a legitimate question,made my case and you call me a troll because you disagree with the premise of an argument I stated? If you want a discussion,talk to me about it. If you want to dispute what I've said, prove me wrong. What''s so difficult for you to understand?
If I wanted to 'Inflame' public opinion for fun,I'd go to a local christian bible study.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Yeah your first post is a logical fallacy..

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   

how do you figure?

yourlogicalfallacyis.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

I actually agree somewhat with what your saying... Except for maybe the link to a Jefferson bethke slam poetry. Jesus's teachings I actually agree with myself , although Theism is just another excuse for Christ followers to continue cherry-picking what aspects of religion they should follow. You wanna believe in a God fine that's your business, to say there's a secret group of religious zealots that are infiltrating Christianity that's fine too this is a conspiracy site. But to say I've somehow been deceived is a baseless assertion.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Wait.. no other religion makes the claim that Jesus Christ is the path to salvation? Or are you saying no other religion claims there is a way to salvation?..

The first is obvious, and the second is untrue.

a reply to: arpgme
I already love. I love many.

a reply to: rukia

Jesus is the only way out of Hell.

Christians are always so doomy and gloomy lol.

You seem to love Creation instead of God.

The Universe rocks. Can you really blame us?

That's idolatrous. Just sayin'.

I'm okay with that. Just saying.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Wait.. no other religion makes the claim that Jesus Christ is the path to salvation?

Actually.. HE encompasses all religious paths

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: Akragon

I read Akragon, he makes no sense, his logic is flawed
I don't think he could explain his own beliefs.

Which basically means you wouldn't understand the gospels, most of my beliefs come from there so...

Where is my logic flawed anyways?

Why did Jesus come to earth, simple question

Simple answer...

To show the world the ONE true God...

Im sure your answer would be "to die for our sins"... so keep in mind I am not Christian

No your a gnostic?
Why did Jesus come to show the world the one true God
What was the reason

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   

No your a gnostic?

I am who I am... which does not require a title or label

Why did Jesus come to show the world the one true God
What was the reason

Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth.

34 But I receive not testimony from man: but these things I say, that ye might be saved.

35 He was a burning and a shining light: and ye were willing for a season to rejoice in his light.

36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.

37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.

39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

edit on 18-10-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join