It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians, have you ever considered you might be on the wrong side?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: vincentdaniel7

Just ONE reason why I think the Bible is ACCURATE. Historical Soundness

Don't get me wrong, some of what is written is based on some historical events, with real historical figures like King Nebuchadnezzar of Neo-Babylon. Although much of the bible is also yet to be proven in archaeology and to base your life decisions on such a book riddled with contradictions, translated, misinterpreted(which I think is what you have done unfortunately)and rewritten thousands of times over I think IMO is a foolish endeavor.

But maybe if you experienced the HORROR and the DISCUSSIONS I have had with SATAN HIMSELF or MAYBE it was one of his MINIONS / DEMONS.

So you had dealings with the LV mafia,competed in MMA and loved violence. All your decisions presumably? So how is Satan or any of his demons involved.. Could you elaborate on this discussion you had? Or is the devil supposed to be a metaphor for the Las Vegas Mafia?

Good luck to you in your life mate
edit on 23-10-2015 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator

Just ONE reason why I think the Bible is ACCURATE. Historical Soundness

Don't get me wrong, some of what is written is based on some historical events, with real historical figures like King Nebuchadnezzar of Neo-Babylon. Although much of the bible is also yet to be proven in archaeology and to base your life decisions on such a book riddled with contradictions, translated, misinterpreted(which I think is what you have done unfortunately)and rewritten thousands of times over I think IMO is a foolish endeavor.

But maybe if you experienced the HORROR and the DISCUSSIONS I have had with SATAN HIMSELF or MAYBE it was one of his MINIONS / DEMONS.

So you had dealings with the LV mafia,competed in MMA and loved violence. All your decisions presumably? So how is Satan or any of his demons involved.. Could you elaborate on this discussion you had? Or is the devil supposed to be a metaphor for the Las Vegas Mafia?

Good luck to you in your life mate

All you want to do is argue so goodbye.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

NO ONE has ever successfully challenged the historical accuracy of the Bible.

Watch. I'm about to do it.

Does the chronology of the cosmos count?

The Bible says all stars were made after Earth. That's inaccurate.

Does the history of how life evolved on Earth count?

The Bible says birds were flying above the oceans before all land animals. That's inaccurate.

Or how about Mary's virgin birth. That's in *some of the gospels right? Impregnated through divine intervention. Never had sex with Joseph up to that point.

Roman 1:3 "concerning His Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who was born of the seed of David according to the flesh"

Seed is 'sperma'. Seed from the line of David. Paul is saying Jesus's biological father is Joseph, and Joseph is a descendant of David.

The Bible is rife with historical inaccuracies and contradictions in its narrative. We could post one after another demonstrating this. Just like we could post verse after verse of the horrendous immorality of Yahweh. What's the point? You seem to have a way of convincing yourself absolutely everything in scripture is wonderful and infallible.
edit on 23-10-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
All of my research is from three sources in regards to following Satan and his teachings.

1. I have researched ancient writings from non biblical anti OT GOD, ( Secular recorded documents ).

2. Then there is the HORRIFIC EXPERIENCE that I received and the MORBID FEAR that I EXPERIENCED with SATAN AS MY gOD.

And listening to others with similar experiences and there were many.

3. After all that then, Only Then,,

I decided to understand the research and the point of view,, ( even acknowledging that it is BIASED toward,, ANTI SATAN), and along with the point of view of ALL THE Bible characters, whether they were PRO SATAN or PRO OT God JEHOVAH, coupled with ANTI and PRO God's Son JESUS CHRIST.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

NO ONE has ever successfully challenged the historical accuracy of the Bible.

Watch. I'm about to do it.

Does the chronology of the cosmos count?

The Bible says all stars were made after Earth. That's inaccurate.

Does the history of how life evolved on Earth count?

The Bible says birds were flying above the oceans before all land animals. That's inaccurate.

Or how about Mary's virgin birth. That's in *some of the gospels right? Impregnated through divine intervention. Never had sex with Joseph up to that point.

Roman 1:3 "concerning His Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who was born of the seed of David according to the flesh"

Seed is 'sperma'. Seed from the line of David. Paul is saying Jesus's biological father is Joseph, and Joseph is a descendant of David.

The Bible is rife with historical inaccuracies and contradictions in its narrative. We could post one after another demonstrating this. Just like we could post verse after verse of the horrendous immorality of Yahweh. What's the point? You seem to have a way of convincing yourself absolutely everything in scripture is wonderful and infallible.

All of those questions and points.

They are all understandable and valid points.

I have to commend you on your interest in finding out the truth,

It was that Drive in me that drew me to my conclusions, I also had to figure them out,

But I will say this for now,, I had to get over myself, I had a very( HAUGHTY SPIRIT ), Thinking that I have found out the Great Deception of JEHOVAH and JESUS, and all CHRISTIANITY, saying to myself "I'm so smart that I figure out that This was all of conspiracy theory" and if there's anything that this world has convinced us is when you hear the term "conspiracy theory" we are brainwashed into thinking the term "crazy",

I also had to humble myself and realize that I figured out nothing at all.
I am thinking that I am so smart that I have forgotten that my brain is imperfect and if you believe the scientists saying that "we only use one tenth of 1% of our brain", then you realize that this scripture is true,,,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Isaiah 55:9]

9  “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So my ways are higher than your ways And my thoughts than your thoughts.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And then after accepting these imperfections that I have,,
I then started to understand all of the questions that have been asked so far in this WHOLE THREAD.

And I did, But this is going to have to take another session of lots of research and large posts so I will have to get back with you on this , Because I have to get back to work.

Until next time,

edit on 10/17/2015 by vincentdaniel7 because: Clarify

edit on 10/17/2015 by vincentdaniel7 because: Clarify

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

It's the darkness that is rebellious and resistant. The Light is being Love, like always.

"Love thy enemy"
"Bless those who curse you"
"Resist not evil, but turn the other cheek"

edit on 24-10-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   

You are thinking with your imperfect human mind.

Otherwise why would God promise to resurrect the righteous,, [[ and ]],,,
the UNRIGHTEOUS??

That promise of resurrection entails future judgement. Judgment of the 'good' and the 'wicked'.

Full circle back to my point.

You made comments, and quoted verses, that suggests Yahweh will destroy the wicked people that oppose him and his people. Clearly as an antitheist I qualify as such.

So what you really mean to say is that I will die. Some time later I will be resurrected and then judged and annihilated from existence or sent to a lake of fire for eternal pain.

That is what the Bible strongly suggests will happen of us antitheists. Us that oppose god and his religion.
edit on 24-10-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   

I am thinking that I am so smart that I have forgotten that my brain is imperfect and if you believe the scientists saying that "we only use one tenth of 1% of our brain", then you realize that this scripture is true

A very outdated myth that's still perpetuated my so many. Neuroscience isn't saying that.

I'm a neuroscience major so I feel I can weigh in here. In a nutshell: the brain uses 100% of itself, just not 100% at every moment.

Look forward to your response to them! I do mean that. This isn't personal. I hope for a good dialogue.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator
This is a serious question that has kind of puzzled me for years, even as a former christian I never understood it. Why blame Lucifer/Satan for the woes of this world? What did he do to mankind to deserve the kind of hate he gets? Why in the scriptures do we never see Lucifer's downfall from his perspective or at least the writers taking a more objective stance? (I know many Christians may not view Satan as an entity but more the temptation of an individual to commit morally reprehensible acts.)

If I were to examine the mythology objectively towards both characters,God's done some pretty #ed up #;

-Created Adam and Eve essentially as ignorant slave worshipers to take care of the animals he just made because he's too lazy to look after them

-Flooded the earth and saves a drunk

- Killed kids using a bear because they made fun of some bald guy

- Destroyed entire cities for petty reasons

- Makes a Pharaoh angry intentionally so he can kill more kids

- sends his followers on crusades to conquer neighboring tribes over a covenant they made with him

- allows his followers to practice polygamy but absolutely abhors same sex relations

- permits slavery but hates it when you shave and the list goes on.

Satan on the other hand;

- Rebelled against God

- Gave humanity the ability to know right from wrong

-ordered(by God!) to kill a total of ten people

-tempted his Jewish son Jesus to test his faith.

-His blamed for all the sins committed

Clearly there's some disparity here, am I wrong?

Then suddenly Humanity's supposed to just bow down to God because he sends down his Jewish zombie son, he then gets his son to "die" for us because many of us realized how ridiculous religion is. To top it all off, if we choose not to recognize his seemingly absent authority were punished for it. How loving and merciful of a father to do that to his own kids. Also what's up with the Holy ghost not getting much love?

I'm not here to debate the existent of either of the entities mentioned nor am I hear to corrupt you from your faith. Somebody seriously explain to me why God is the good-guy in this dichotomy? I'm sure this question's been asked in previous threads, if so ignore this.

I think Akragon does a good job answering that. Religion's made you believe that the OT god is God. No he isn't otherwise Jesus would agree. And to understand the whole concept of heaven and hell, you need to listen to Jesus not the bible.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Kroned

you need to listen to Jesus not the bible

What source outside the Bible should we use to listen to Jesus? Genuine question.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=19958607]Lucid Lunacy
What source outside the Bible should we use to listen to Jesus? Genuine question.

We both know that the bible is just books put together by certain men. Just like someone put the four books where we find Jesus talking together with what they thought is the same thing, you can as well pull them out and toss the rest through the window. That's what I did the last time I cleaned!

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Okay but my question still stands...

then what should we reference to listen to Jesus?

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Okay but my question still stands...

then what should we reference to listen to Jesus?

The four gospels.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
The four gospels are in the Bible. That is where we read them....

Your quote verbatim:

"you need to listen to Jesus not the bible."

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

My point, like I said earlier, is.....they were never meant to be in the bible because they're different from what the rest of the bible says. The bible is not a book that if you pull out certain chapters, you loose the massage. You don't go to a library and expect all the books to agree on a certain topic.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

So the logical followup question is how do you know that the only thing you need to take from the Bible is those 4 gospels?

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

You get to know when you realize that only Jesus perfectly represents a Being that claims he put all of us here (the Father). And it doesn't make logical sense if a being claims he put all of us here but sends a certain group to destroy the other. When I begin to think that my God is not your God, no matter who you're, that's when my God isn't the real God and vice versa.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

Clearly there's some disparity here, am I wrong?

Does it matter if you are?

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I am thinking that I am so smart that I have forgotten that my brain is imperfect and if you believe the scientists saying that "we only use one tenth of 1% of our brain", then you realize that this scripture is true

A very outdated myth that's still perpetuated my so many. Neuroscience isn't saying that.

I'm a neuroscience major so I feel I can weigh in here. In a nutshell: the brain uses 100% of itself, just not 100% at every moment.

Look forward to your response to them! I do mean that. This isn't personal. I hope for a good dialogue.

Ok it is encouraging to know that the new facts are that what you said about the use of our brain thanks for that research I appreciate it.

I'm still trying to catch up on work because I spent too much time addressing the questions in this thread so you might have to wait a little for me to get back to you on the other points and comments that you brought out.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

you need to listen to Jesus not the bible

Only have time for short statements here it is

BRO THAT'S A GOOD ONE

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join