It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians, have you ever considered you might be on the wrong side?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: vincentdaniel7

try using bold...

type [b.] content [/b.]

minus the periods... Like this

Or this substitute the B for a U...

Italics is I

pisses people off when you caps lock everything... Mods don't like it either

I am afraid I am not very computer savvy so I will take your advice and maybe try something else.

And who are Mods ?

edit on 10/17/2015 by vincentdaniel7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   

I am afraid I am not very computer savvy so I will take your advice and maybe try something else.

And who are Mods ?

gods of the forum man... lol

all great people... enforce the rules, and get rid of the trolls that hide in topics

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
FACT you have been deceived, the demiurge jehovah has blinded you
using the bible to prove the bible? See I can play the same game, unlike you
I dont seek converts to reinforce my doubts

From the looks of that user name your credibility is just a bit on the low side to put it mildly...

Hes not called the father of lies for nothing you know.

I only speak of what I have experienced myself personally.

You speak of what you THINK you know.

A man with experience is never at the mercy of a man with an opinion.

Personal experience trumps human opinions every time.

Wisdom is only gained through experience.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Can I take your lack of reply to my last two posts to you that you have nothing to say because you recognize you're wrong?

If not then I'd appreciate a response to them. If willing.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   

And who are Mods ?

all great people... enforce the rules, and get rid of the trolls that hide in topics

Some say when you become a mod your soul is captured, cloned and imprisoned within the ethernet, to serve ATS for all time.
Not surprised you dont know who they are, we dont like to talk about them very much, just better to keep out of their way.
edit on 22/10/15 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
Can I take your lack of reply to my last two posts to you that you have nothing to say because you recognize you're wrong?

If not then I'd appreciate a response to them. If willing.

Absolutely not I'm just tired I will get back to you later throw on your seatbelt.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Excellent
Seat-belt is safely fastened.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   

But can you back up the idea that the moment they were about to die from brimstone, or drowning, that god killed them in some godly way and thus prevented pain? I mean back it up with scripture.

And again it is NOT MURDER

All caps isn't going to convince me otherwise. You suggested they were killed because they were terribly immoral and thus deserving of the punishment. So pray tell how a toddler is so wicked in his or her ways to be deserving of such.

Nope , reason why I say that is because I studied God's personality for 31 years and I myself , Am pretty sure it is the so ,
that's all I got on that,
take it and do what you want with it I don't care.

I only used caps because I do not have a highlighter.

Apparently people take it the wrong way so I think I would change my way of zeroing in on the important stuff.

And to answer the other part of your comment all you need to do go back to previous post.
edit on 10/17/2015 by vincentdaniel7 because: Clarify

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Excellent
Seat-belt is safely fastened.

Any more questions just go back through my post I don't believe you can ask any more questions that I have not already answered so goodnight I'm going to bed.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: vincentdaniel7 well detective vincent didnt they teach you to
use full stops or paragraphs?

I'm not very computer savvy so I don't know what you are talking about.

I'm also new to the Internet.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
So your reply to my posts and questions is that you studied God's personality for 31 years?

Okay.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

So your reply to my posts and questions is that you studied God's personality for 31 years?

Okay.

Yeah basically I mean seriously he's not even going to torture Satan after all he's done .

You know I've got family members on both sides of my family that are tied to well once tied to the Mexican Mafia and the other is tied to the Italian mafia and they certainly would torture Satan, but anyway.

One thing you gotta remember when there are babies involved and they get destroyed alongside their parents when you are studying God's personality on that.

There are scriptures that say that God does not take delight in the destruction of someone wicked,

The Scriptures also say that anyone who did not get a chance will be resurrected and given a second chance after the paradise is restored here on earth.

So based on those two reference to Scripture you come to the conclusion that when God wants to, he can calculate the situation of that little baby, Poisonous Snake if allowed to grow up into A bigger or grown up Poisonous Snake, God has chosen to look into not only his heart but the conditions surrounding what would have been his life.

So God has the ability to fast forward his future in his own mind and find out that yes he may have been a baby today but he will grow up into being a Vicious Wolf in the future,

Every single time I have followed a recorded history of God's decisions on any matter,
He does not take delight in someone wicked being destroyed but he will go to great lengths even peering into someone's future to find out if he will be a Threat to his children, We have to understand that we cannot judge God with a mere human mind, the scriptures say that his thoughts are Greater Than human thoughts , this is why if you just take a half way attitude in studying his word you're definitely not going to understand that.

It is taken me about 30 years to figure That out. I've had the same questions that you have, I have Sat there and dwell on how could he destroyed a baby? His actions hasn't even been given a chance to happen yet,

So don't think I don't understand what you're feeling because I have felt the same way you have,

It's just that I have been given Clarity not because of any skills that I have I am just a normal guy,

But , I believe it is because I did exactly what he told me to do in the scriptures, and that is that you should make it your priority in life to understand him and after he sees that effort , on your part he will then no longer hide his face from you because you made great efforts to find him, so to speak,

By studying his word diligently, seriously , honestly, with 100 and 10% effort, I believe I have done that, and now I believe, that is why I no longer have any more important questions for him, I think he has at this point answered all of my questions, sincerely, that I really really really needed to understand him,
and I totally do Now.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cinrad

And who are Mods ?

Some say when you become a mod your soul is captured, cloned and imprisoned within the ethernet, to serve ATS for all time.
Not surprised you dont know who they are, we dont like to talk about them very much, just better to keep out of their way.

The question that I am about to ask is probably going to B viewed as a dumb question but I have to ask someone this question because I have never asked it before.

Is there A particular reason why they call it the Ethernet?

What is the difference between the term Internet and Ethernet?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Okay.

So in the past when I had a lot of questions these are some of the questions that I asked before I started to study this particular topic, IS God a cruel God? And This Post Is Not Just For You,, IT is also for all who want to study It.

So not everything I am about to post is for You Particularly .

Do you still have on your seatbelt?

LOL,

Divine Judgments. (Were They Cruel)?

TO ADDRESS this question, let us briefly focus on two examples of divine judgment in the Bible,

The Flood of Noah’s day and the extermination of the Canaanites.

THE FLOOD OF NOAH’S DAY,

WHAT YOU MAY SAY;
 “GOD was cruel when he unleashed a flood that destroyed all mankind except for Noah and his family.”

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS;
GOD said: “I take delight, not in the death of the wicked one, but in that someone wicked turns back from his way and actually keeps living.” (Ezekiel 33:11) So the destruction of the wicked in Noah’s day brought GOD no pleasure at all.
Then why did he do it?

The Bible answers that when GOD brought such judgments against ungodly people in times past, he was “setting a pattern for ungodly persons of things to come.”
(2 Peter 2:5, 6) What pattern did GOD set?

[ UNGODLY PEOPLE; Also, generally means they pose a GREAT THREAT to GOD'S Children and the upcoming arrival of God's Son (Jesus Christ)].

First, GOD established that even though it pains him to destroy people, he does take note of cruel people who cause suffering and holds them accountable for their actions. In time, he will end all injustice and suffering.

Second, the pattern of GOD’S past actions establishes that GOD lovingly warns people before executing judgment. Noah was a preacher of righteousness, but most people ignored him. The Bible says: “They took no note until the flood came and swept them all away.” (Read Matthew 24:39).

Has GOD held to that pattern? Yes.
For example; he warned his people Israel that if they turned to wickedness as the nations around them had, he would allow enemies to invade their land; destroy their capital, Jerusalem; and carry them off into exile.
Israel did turn to wickedness,,, even carrying out child sacrifice. Did JEHOVAH act? Yes, but only after sending prophets to warn his people, again and again, to change their ways before it was too late. He even said: “The Sovereign Lord JEHOVAH will not do a thing unless he has revealed his confidential matter to his servants the prophets.”
(Read Amos 3:7).

HOW ARE YOU, INVOLVED ;
The pattern we see in JEHOVAH’S past judgments gives us hope. We can confidently look forward to GOD’S judgment  of those who cruelly cause suffering. The Bible says: “Evildoers themselves will be cut off . . . But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth, and they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.” (Psalm 37:9-11) What do you think about a judgment, that, RELIEVES mankind of suffering?
Is it cruel, or is it merciful?

SO NOW LET'S DO A EXTERMINATION OF THE CANAANITES,

WHAT YOU MAY SAY ;
“The destruction of the Canaanites was a cruel war crime comparable to modern-day genocides.”

And I really hate war crimes,
I read about them everyday.

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ; 
“All [God’s] ways are justice. [He is] a God of faithfulness, with whom there is no INJUSTICE.” (Deuteronomy 32:4)
An act of divine justice is not comparable to a human war. Why? Because unlike humans, God is able to read hearts, that is, what humans are on the inside.

For Example; When God judged the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah and determined to bring them to ruin, the faithful man Abraham was concerned about the justice of the matter. He could not imagine that his JUST GOD would “sweep away the righteous with the wicked.” Patiently, GOD, reassured him that if there were even ten righteous people in Sodom, He would spare the city on their account. (Genesis 18:20-33) Clearly, GOD searched through the hearts of those people and saw the depth of their wickedness.
(Read 1 Chronicles 28:9).

Similarly, God judged the Canaanites and rightly ordered their destruction. The Canaanites were Notorious for their Cruelty, which included Burning Children Alive in Sacrificial Fires. (2 Kings 16:3),
The Canaanites knew that JEHOVAH had commanded Israel to take possession of all the land. Those who chose to remain and wage war were taking a deliberate stand against not only the Israelites but also JEHOVAH, who had given powerful evidence that he was with his people.

Moreover, GOD Extended Mercy to Canaanites who abandoned their wickedness and accepted JEHOVAH’S high moral standards. For example; The Canaanite Prostitute, Rahab, was SAVED, along with her family. Also, when the inhabitants of the Canaanite City of Gibeon sought Mercy, They and All Their Children Were Preserved Alive.
(Read Joshua 6:25;9:3, 24-26).

HOW ARE YOU, INVOLVED ;
 We can learn a vital lesson from the judgment of the Canaanites. We are rapidly approaching the foretold “Day Of Judgment and of Destruction of the Ungodly Men.” (2 Peter 3:7) If we love JEHOVAH, we will benefit when he eliminates human suffering by ridding the earth of those who Reject His Just Rule.

The Canaanites Were Notoriously Cruel, and they deliberately opposed God and his people

JEHOVAH Lovingly reminds us that the choices parents make affect their children. God’s Word says: “You must choose life in order that you may keep alive, you and your offspring, by loving Jehovah your God, by listening to his voice and by sticking to him.” (Deuteronomy 30:19, 20) Are those the words of a cruel GOD or the words of a GOD who loves people and wants them to make the right choice?

edit on 10/17/2015 by vincentdaniel7 because: Correction

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Found this on Yahoo answers

The word 'ether' comes from long ago. Back when radio was invented, people noticed that it could go through a vacuum, through space. In those days it was thought that a wave couldn't go through a vacuum--like a sound wave for instance, it has to have some medium to go through. So scientists developed the idea of 'ether', a sort of gelatin-like substance that exists throughout the universe, the medium that radio waves travel through (also light waves, xray, etc.). It was named after another very ancient concept that space was filled with very light, rarified elements called ether (or aether). That's where we get the word 'ethereal'.

Anyway, the whole concept was abandoned about 75 years ago, and people just accepted that radio waves can go through space. But Ethernet was named after that ether.

'Internet' means many networks linked together, which is just what the Internet is. If you have several networks that you connect together, that's called an internet. When it's capitalized, that's -the- Internet. Intranet is within a single network, like intranet mail. Like intermural and intramural sports.

I always thought it was the space between hard written data, like if you erase a message from your apparatus after it is sent and it is travelling the world's fibre optic cables and hasn't arrived where it is going yet and recorded on anything, then that message is in the ether. Great place to set science fiction stories.

Back on topic:
8 foxes culled to protect Queensland turtles
Kill the foxes? That's cruel isn't it?
(Note foxes are not native to Aus and kill a lot of wildlife whether it is endangered or not, cant tell them to kill only the plague rabbits and rats, they'll kill and eat anything they can).

And have you ever thought of this?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 22/10/15 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

So God has the ability to fast forward his future in his own mind and find out that yes he may have been a baby today but he will grow up into being a Vicious Wolf in the future

If he already knows all the vicious wolves before they are wolves then why let them be born to begin with if his wish is for them to be destroyed?

There are scriptures that say that God does not take delight in the destruction of someone wicked

As you said he knows everyone who's wicked. He sees the future. So if he doesn't take delight in destroying them then why wait for them to become infants, toddlers, teens, adults... why not just prevent the birth? It stands to reason he has both the knowledge and power to do that, so why doesn't he?

GOD’S past actions establishes that GOD lovingly warns people before executing judgment.

Except for all the humans too young to understand that warning. They received no warning but they did receive the execution.

We have to understand that we cannot judge God with a mere human mind, the scriptures say that his thoughts are Greater Than human thoughts

Yes. I imagine that would be true for an actual Creator god. However, there is nothing in scripture that seems beyond my mind. It's quite easy to grasp. It appears all too human to me.

An act of divine justice is not comparable to a human war. Why?

Because of Divine Command Theory:

is a meta-ethical theory which proposes that an action's status as morally good is equivalent to whether it is commanded by God. The theory asserts that what is moral is determined by what God commands, and that to be moral is to follow his commands. link

I understand that's what you're driving at. I think this is very dangerous thinking. This allows believers to commit actions in the name of god that would otherwise be deemed immoral. For instance, if someone took a knife to their son with the intent to kill him, most people would see that as a vile act. Yet if it were commanded by god then it's positive. A show of devotion to the divine.

Are those the words of a cruel GOD?

Are these the words of a loving god?

A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death.~Leviticus 21:9

Put to death because she had sex. A horribly painful death.

If someone did that today we would see it as murder. That person would be imprisoned. When you introduce divine command it becomes righteous.
edit on 22-10-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

IT'S' like the Obi-one Kenobi, EXPLANATION to Luke Skywalker when he said that Darth Vader killed Anakin Skywalker from a certain point of view that is true the dark side took over Anakin Skywalker and murdered him and became the New Jedi Darth Vader.

The whole point behind opening this thread was to point out how subjective the dichotomy of good vs evil really is in christian mythology. I'm sure you would agree if for instance I were to only have knowledge about right wingers through leftist propaganda and that if I were to religiously side with the left wingers based on that info, I'm clearly being brainwashed.. Yet you don't want to apply that same kind of logic to your mythology.. What say you?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

So God has the ability to fast forward his future in his own mind and find out that yes he may have been a baby today but he will grow up into being a Vicious Wolf in the future

If he already knows all the vicious wolves before they are wolves then why let them be born to begin with if his wish is for them to be destroyed?

There are scriptures that say that God does not take delight in the destruction of someone wicked

As you said he knows everyone who's wicked. He sees the future. So if he doesn't take delight in destroying them then why wait for them to become infants, toddlers, teens, adults... why not just prevent the birth? It stands to reason he has both the knowledge and power to do that, so why doesn't he?

GOD’S past actions establishes that GOD lovingly warns people before executing judgment.

Except for all the humans too young to understand that warning. They received no warning but they did receive the execution.

We have to understand that we cannot judge God with a mere human mind, the scriptures say that his thoughts are Greater Than human thoughts

Yes. I imagine that would be true for an actual Creator god. However, there is nothing in scripture that seems beyond my mind. It's quite easy to grasp. It appears all too human to me.

An act of divine justice is not comparable to a human war. Why?

Because of Divine Command Theory:

is a meta-ethical theory which proposes that an action's status as morally good is equivalent to whether it is commanded by God. The theory asserts that what is moral is determined by what God commands, and that to be moral is to follow his commands. link

I understand that's what you're driving at. I think this is very dangerous thinking. This allows believers to commit actions in the name of god that would otherwise be deemed immoral. For instance, if someone took a knife to their son with the intent to kill him, most people would see that as a vile act. Yet if it were commanded by god then it's positive. A show of devotion to the divine.

Are those the words of a cruel GOD?

Are these the words of a loving god?

A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death.~Leviticus 21:9

Put to death because she had sex. A horribly painful death.

If someone did that today we would see it as murder. That person would be imprisoned. When you introduce divine command it becomes righteous.

God son clarified that you no longer have permission to war in God's name so God actually agrees with you man should not use war and claim that it is in God's name anyone who does do that will also be destroyed.

Again if you read my other posts, quotes in a little more details you will find out that I mentioned that God only peers into the hearts of men and their future when it is absolutely necessary.

When when it is not necessary at all then God switches to the attitude to have faith that they will possibly find a non violent or corrupt harmful way of life, so most of the time God has a faith in man and a hope for the best attitude.

When God switches to that way of thinking when it is not absolutely necessary then he chooses not to look into the potential vicious wolf future he has self control over his hole personality there are many things that he will hold back from himself because he either thinks it is not necessary or the overall picture will have a happy ending.

This is the way God thinks according to the overall theme of the Bible from Genesis to Revelation and everything in between.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[ Isaiah 55; 9]

9. “For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So my ways are higher than your ways
And my thoughts than your thoughts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

edit on 10/17/2015 by vincentdaniel7 because: Adjust

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator

IT'S' like the Obi-one Kenobi, EXPLANATION to Luke Skywalker when he said that Darth Vader killed Anakin Skywalker from a certain point of view that is true the dark side took over Anakin Skywalker and murdered him and became the New Jedi Darth Vader.

The whole point behind opening this thread was to point out how subjective the dichotomy of good vs evil really is in christian mythology. I'm sure you would agree if for instance I were to only have knowledge about right wingers through leftist propaganda and that if I were to religiously side with the left wingers based on that info, I'm clearly being brainwashed.. Yet you don't want to apply that same kind of logic to your mythology.. What say you?

Well since I have experienced (3)
different sides,, with literally three different sides, experience so I lived, I saw,
I understood, I tested to see if I was brainwashed or not, so I tested with action with feeling with pain to see if this was all True and my conclusion is the way I feel now.

After actually going out there and seeing how the Fire burns my skin feel the pain of my actions and my choices so I have arrived at this conclusion I did not just sit there and let someone feed me information I tested the information.

I got my hands dirty so actions speak louder than words.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

edit on 10/17/2015 by vincentdaniel7 because: none

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join