It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ray Kurzweil’s Wildest Prediction: Nanobots Will Plug Our Brains Into the Web by the 2030s

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Pierre Teilhard de Chardin (1881-1945) was a Jesuit Priest, theologian, philosopher, and paleontologist who is sometime referred to as the Father of the New Age Movement. He expanded on the concept of the noosphere originated by the Russian mineralogist and geochemist, Vladimir I. Vernadsky (1863-1945) who also originated the concept of the biosphere- the "life zone" where all biological life exists between the crust of the earth to the lower atmosphere or the "life envelope" surrounding our planet.

The "noosphere" or "thinking layer", according to Chardin, comes about at that point in time when humans evolve to the realization of a global human consciousness and is totally aware of itself and then headed for the ultimate destination- the "Omega Point" or "Kingdom of God". At this point, the earth is enveloped by a collective human consciousness.

Chardin distinguishes humans from all other life-forms because of our abilities to contemplate our existence, hence, the uniqueness of or the "phenomenon of man". Hopefully, he concludes, that the human family will evolve to be totally conscience, intelligent and loving, cooperative, and rising far above our current chaotic existence.

Amen to that lofty, but desirable goal!
edit on 17-10-2015 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

Very well explained.

Teilhard de Chardin was also a close personal friend of Julian Huxley, the son of Aldous Huxley and the originator of the Modern Evolutionary Synthesis.

Teilhard de Chardin was also the paleontologist who investigated and documented the discovery of the 'Peking Man' remains.

A great mind among other greats IMHO!

edit on 17/10/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Is it crazy for me to think that maybe Ray Kurzweil and Elon Musk are actually time travelers from the future?

Edit: And Pharrell Williams is some kind of Highlander-type of being that never dies or ages.
edit on 17-10-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I'd suggest Kurzweil doesn't 'predict' anything. I think he just leaks what he knows already exists.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   
So technically, I can hack your brain.
And by that , I control you ? (Your memories , what you'll see / hear / feel / think !?)
To me it looks more like a risk to mankind , Terrorists 2G....?
edit on 29102015 by FederWBush because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

It's fun to imagine isn't it? Not sure about the 'nanobots,' but it seems inevitable that some technology will make the internet more immersive.

'Google on the brain' - It won't be making us any smarter or more intelligent, it'll be the same as it is now. Let's use ATS as an example? Access to the internet (google etc) is no damn use at all if someone isn't 'smart' enough to filter out the BS. He's an optimist and that's cool. I'm more negative, or realistic, in picturing those who like copying and pasting scripture all day long being able to recite it in the real world. Or sports bores citing statistics for all seasons and players. Not to mention the horrors of malware and what would a 'botherd' look like? Eek! Doesn't bear thinking about.

Another idea is that the power it can give someone will necessarily afford them an advantage over others. That would make it very pricey (supply and demand) and liable to stay at the top end of the wealth pyramid for a long time. Maybe a watered-down, limited interface would be available for the gamers? Who knows?

Yet, it will come to pass and we'll deal with these things as they occur.

Great thread btw because it's got my stunted brain thinking for a change!

edit on 10.29.2015 by Kandinsky because: mind yo bidness

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
the potential and possibilities are endless. Thank you for sharing this, my imagination is going in overdrive!

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Freaking awesome!

Borg me up baby!

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
So in my opinion we are on our way to a molecular revolution in nanotechnology and biotechnology which will merge in to virus technology meaning using viruses to do everything nanobots would do. For example using viruses to hook you into the worldwide web, or to make your brian more like a computer hooking you up to countless super computers. We could use them to manufacture whatever we wanted. So it wont really be little robots that will do it, instead it will be virus bots that will take the place of carbon nanotube nanorobots and instead work with microtubules.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I think his hit/miss ratio is greatly exaggerated, and definitions skewed after the fact to try and save face on screwups. He's still one of the best futurists we got, just not a freaking demigod like some would love to imagine him to be.

So I'm in alignment with this one. I think we'll have more nanobot prototypes through the next decade, and be integrating all the most successful variations to create new avenues for revolutionizing certain areas of medicine, military, gaming... hell just about everything. I will wait a cool 5 years after it's introduced to the public before jumping on board. Let the psychotic breaks, and sudden heart failures be someone else's loss. After they get things tweaked enough, it's time for transhumanism, baby!
edit on 29-10-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
I think his hit/miss ratio is greatly exaggerated, and definitions skewed after the fact to try and save face on screwups. He's still one of the best futurists we got, just not a freaking demigod like some would love to imagine him to be.

So I'm in alignment with this one. I think we'll have more nanobot prototypes through the next decade, and be integrating all the most successful variations to create new avenues for revolutionizing certain areas of medicine, military, gaming... hell just about everything. I will wait a cool 5 years after it's introduced to the public before jumping on board. Let the psychotic breaks, and sudden heart failures be someone else's loss. After they get things tweaked enough, it's time for transhumanism, baby!

I have to agree with you there.
We are a supply demand society, if there is no demand there will be no supply. Also we can look at the past advancements in technology and see that our society is in a kind of book burning phase where people fear progress and seek to limit what we as a society are able to do. Monopoly of markets by international coompanies drive the markets and do not want a superhuman public. I think a super docile human is what the corporate markets are aiming for.
Also if we look at progress we havent done anything new since WW2 other than tablets which are just microsized TVs.
Technology has gotten smaller but there is a brick wall when it comes to our own evolution. In my opinion we are and have always been devolving. . . . .

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

Don't piggy back off my post to promote your own agenda, we are not in agreement.

We are a supply demand society, if there is no demand there will be no supply. Also we can look at the past advancements in technology and see that our society is in a kind of book burning phase where people fear progress and seek to limit what we as a society are able to do.

Disagree. There is no book burning, but there are ass backwards fools. As many extreme conservatives are equaled by radical progressives. I'm impartial in my perception, not focusing on the bit I fear. They've always existed, and always will. Let them stay behind.

Monopoly of markets by international coompanies drive the markets and do not want a superhuman public. I think a super docile human is what the corporate markets are aiming for.

I don't care. There's a market for this technology, and it will be made available for those who can afford it. I'm leveling up and up to upgrade and prep for space exploration later this century as Terra becomes an increasingly hostile terrain.

Also if we look at progress we havent done anything new since WW2 other than tablets which are just microsized TVs.

I've often heard this, but realize people are just propagating nonsense. It's not remotely true. We've progressed leaps and bounds since WW2. No, it's not all miniaturization and marketing.

Technology has gotten smaller but there is a brick wall when it comes to our own evolution. In my opinion we are and have always been devolving. . . . .

Then you don't understand what evolution is. Things change, it sounds like you're holding out for an ideal that never existed and never will.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

Don't piggy back off my post to promote your own agenda, we are not in agreement.

We are a supply demand society, if there is no demand there will be no supply. Also we can look at the past advancements in technology and see that our society is in a kind of book burning phase where people fear progress and seek to limit what we as a society are able to do.

Disagree. There is no book burning, but there are ass backwards fools. As many extreme conservatives are equaled by radical progressives. I'm impartial in my perception, not focusing on the bit I fear. They've always existed, and always will. Let them stay behind.

Monopoly of markets by international coompanies drive the markets and do not want a superhuman public. I think a super docile human is what the corporate markets are aiming for.

I don't care. There's a market for this technology, and it will be made available for those who can afford it. I'm leveling up and up to upgrade and prep for space exploration later this century as Terra becomes an increasingly hostile terrain.

I've often heard this, but realize people are just propagating nonsense. It's not remotely true. We've progressed leaps and bounds since WW2. No, it's not all miniaturization and marketing.

Then you don't understand what evolution is. Things change, it sounds like you're holding out for an ideal that never existed and never will.

Dont quote me to tell me to not quote you, saying I am piggy backing on your agenda then piggy back on what I posted, posting your posts.

No you will not upgrade because there is zero technology that will eva be allowed to you in your lifetime that will allow you to upgrade. Your more likely to get a jetpack.

Saying your going to do something has nothing to do with actually doing it.

Show me where these upgrades your going to use are?
As a matter of fact tell me any one upgrade you have made to yourself ever?
Do you have a jetpack?

Oh wait let me help you with that . . . .No you dont have any upgrades. . . . Because there arent any, nor will there ever be any unless your disabled. No one will ever be allowed to do more than thier fellow human beings there is a limit as to what the world governments will allow humans to do.

So no you wont be leveling up lolz.

edit on 30-10-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-10-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join