It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belgium producing highest number of ISIS recruits per capita.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Hi

Upon reading this article I was rather surprised. I don't think many people if given 5 guess' would think Belgium produced the most Isis recruits per capita compared to the rest of Europe. It has been estimated 500 Belgians have went to the middle east to fight for Isis. I find this strange given the relatively small percentage of Belgium population being muslim at just 6%.

When I read this article my mind was drawn back to another story concerning Belgium. It was the story regarding Belgium buying up massive amounts of US debt. It has bought massive amounts to become the 3rd biggest owner of us debt in the world. Obviously this is baffling given the size of the Belgian gdp and the debt owned.

Why I'm bringing this up? To be honest I'm not 100% sure. However I'm suggesting/asking is this a link between the US, Belgium and ISIS? And are there any more strange facts about Belgium?

link
edit on 17-10-2015 by liteonit6969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
This doesn't surprise me. Have you ever been to Belgium?

A colleague once asked me to name a famous Belgian who isn't a fictional character or a sports personality. I was stumped and so was he.

I can't see the link between Belgium owning U.S debt and them being compliant with supplying the largest number of Europeans within ISIS, the U.S is their lap dog surely?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: liteonit6969

I could tell you all lot of weird facts about Belgium ... feel free to ask.

But when it come to the ISIS members, that absolutely doesn't surprise me at all.
In the aftermath of the Paris Charlie Hebdo shooting, Belgium was one of the first European country to launch an operation against a terrorist cell :

Verviers: Three terrorists killed in Belgium after police swoop on address following tip-off

Belgium also put on trial a notorious salafist group later : Sharia4Belgium

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Modern day Belgium was founded in 1830, the first reference to the Belgian people was in Julius Caesar's Gallic wars.
You have to consider that notorious figures that are often related to the history of our neighbouring countries are actually originating from the region that is now Belgium.

Charlemagne, Charles Martel, Godfrey of Bouillon, Peter Minuit are among the most important ones.

Belgium has been a disputed area over centuries and one Europe's favourite battlefield.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Belgium to me just appears to be a mini me of America. Many American big companies headquarters are in Belgium. Belgium along with the us being one of founders of nato.
Does Belgium really have any independence from the US? Or are they a stepping stone for the US into Europe.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
This doesn't surprise me. Have you ever been to Belgium?

A colleague once asked me to name a famous Belgian who isn't a fictional character or a sports personality. I was stumped and so was he.

I can't see the link between Belgium owning U.S debt and them being compliant with supplying the largest number of Europeans within ISIS, the U.S is their lap dog surely?

That character would be either Dutch or French. Think Flemish, or Flemish separatism.. most of those recruits are most likely on French speaking side..

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: tony9802

Actually Sharia4Belgium headquarters was in the nr1 Flemish city : Antwerp, where the biggest Jewish community (diamond traders) is located as well. The city mayor is the Flemish nationalist De Wever.
Most of the Muslim population is located in the suburbs of Brussels.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Belgium is the capital of europe, thats why there are that many HQs frim all over the world...
But i dont think its the mini me of the US hahahah!
Belgium is really weird i will tell you

top topics

join