It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So it begins: German politician stabbed in the neck

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: asen_y2k

Only 40,3% voted, historical record.

www.ksta.de...

True thats a historical low. I dont get it. Are people not bothered to come out and vote, or do they support sheltering the refugees. We hear that the bigots are the loudest, so for sure, all concerned citizen against refugees voted against her, the rest just did not care or voted in favour of refugees. All considered she won! So the people in favour of refugees must outnumber the ones against by a huge huge margin!

This tells me that people really do want the refugees, wow, I am quite surprised.
edit on 19/10/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Tells me they are moronic idiots who think th eproblem will just go away.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

True thats a historical low. I dont get it. Are people not bothered to come out and vote, or do they support sheltering the refugees. We hear that the bigots are the loudest, so for sure, all concerned citizen against refugees voted against her, the rest just did not care or voted in favour of refugees. All considered she won! So the people in favour of refugees must outnumber the ones against by a huge huge margin! This tells me that people really do want the refugees, wow, I am quite surprised.

Don't be surprised. I really can't speak for this particular election, because I know too little about the people that were running.

I can tell you without a doubt, in my mind least ways, that here in the US, a person winning an election, very rarely anymore actually wins, because it is the will of the people, or even who the people voted for.

Voting has become an unreliable joke in the US. The government in no longer run by the people.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

True thats a historical low. I dont get it. Are people not bothered to come out and vote, or do they support sheltering the refugees. We hear that the bigots are the loudest, so for sure, all concerned citizen against refugees voted against her, the rest just did not care or voted in favour of refugees. All considered she won! So the people in favour of refugees must outnumber the ones against by a huge huge margin! This tells me that people really do want the refugees, wow, I am quite surprised.

Don't be surprised. I really can't speak for this particular election, because I know too little about the people that were running.

I can tell you without a doubt, in my mind least ways, that here in the US, a person winning an election, very rarely anymore actually wins, because it is the will of the people, or even who the people voted for.

Voting has become an unreliable joke in the US. The government in no longer run by the people.

This is just a mayoral election, something not worth rigging, but something that gives you the pulse of the common man. Looks like the common man wans to commit suicide.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

The common man wants suicide? Are you nuts?

This tells me that people really do want the refugees, wow, I am quite surprised.

No, they don't. The truth is somewhere in between. Problems with refugees emerge mainly due to government failures, mismanagment in shelter constructions etc.
I think people are not willing to sacrifice their humanity for the delusion of security. We can only close our borders and hearts for the suffering, but we can't stop the influx of refugees directly. Luckily most of us Krauts won't allow this to happen and rather help their fellow humans.

I didn't expect anything else. The amount of opposing opinions on ATS is rather surprising to me. Never imagined you guys that far out in space, always leaning something new here.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

The common man wants suicide? Are you nuts?

No, they don't. The truth is somewhere in between. Problems with refugees emerge mainly due to government failures, mismanagment in shelter constructions etc.
I think people are not willing to sacrifice their humanity for the delusion of security. We can only close our borders and hearts for the suffering, but we can't stop the influx of refugees directly. Luckily most of us Krauts won't allow this to happen and rather help their fellow humans.

I didn't expect anything else. The amount of opposing opinions on ATS is rather surprising to me. Never imagined you guys that far out in space, always leaning something new here.

Well, best of luck! All the more respect for you all! Hope this crisis does not drive people too crazy and make them vote in another Hitler.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

TY! Wouldn't happen in Germany I guess, we're obviously not dumb enough (yet) and the problems with refugees here are rather marginal (again, yet).
I see some potential for serious Nazification in Trump though...

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k

This is just a mayoral election, something not worth rigging, but something that gives you the pulse of the common man. Looks like the common man wans to commit suicide.

Or perhaps the public are plain apathetic?

It doesn't matter who they vote for they always get the same,

It seems that 'all governments', most often just please themselves.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Why does every violent attack have to be compared to the far right? Not sure if anyone remembers the Nazi/Hitler incident in Germany but it was far left!

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
It's simple to me.

The left and particularly far-left have banged the racism, xenophobia, other "pro immigrant" drums for 3 decades now nearly, and all that the ordinary people have seen is life getting worse - working longer for less, paying more in taxes, and being beaten over the head for being bad Nazi's, etc if they dare to even say "hey, I don't think all this immigration is a good thing".

Therefore, if you're going to call me a Nazi for my rational, normal concerns, and if you're going to berate me for worrying about me and my family and my childrens future, and if you are going to ignore me and keep doing the things I don't like and don't want - and that everyone I know doesn't like and doesn't want - well then....

I might as well go the whole hog and become a Nazi - if you're telling me that everyone against what you want is a Nazi, and the people who want what I want is a Nazi, then I must be a Nazi.

So when I can't take it anymore, when I can't feed my kids and I am only offered zero hours contracts, and while I'm being pursued by the tax man to pay more and more, and have less and less for myself, while unchecked hordes of people keep on arriving and getting everything for free.

Hey, guess what - Then you're right, I MUST a FECKING Nazi, and what's more I'm going to be a fervent one since no one has listened to me or cared about me or my family for the last 30 years, and I'm going to do all I can to turn these sh*theads on their own heads and do what's right for me and mine.

Is Nazism alive - yes, we've been subjected to it for the last 30 years of political correctness - the real term for the people who today have had enough is the anti-Nazis - and yet strangely they feel more affinity with and attraction to the policies of Hitler than they do to their own incumbent politicians.

go figure.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join