It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamophobia, is it even a thing?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

So we should use those two people that resorted to violence as the standard?

That won't still well for gun owners at all...

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

So tell me whos leading this army to take over the world ?

Apparently in the last 30 years Saudi Arabia has spent $100 billion spreading Wahhabism across the world (14 times what the Soviets spent on promoting communism).

10 Dark Reasons Saudi Arabia May Be Our Deadliest Ally

In case your wondering here's Wahhabism in action in one of Britain's 'moderate' mosques - footage was filmed a few years ago so god knows how bad it is now.

He captures chilling sermons in which Saudi-trained preachers proclaim the supremacy of Islam, preach hatred for non-Muslims and for Muslims who do not follow their extreme beliefs - and predict a coming jihad.

"An army of Muslims will arise," announces one preacher. Another preacher said British Muslims must "dismantle" British democracy - they must "live like a state within a state" until they are "strong enough to take over."

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

In other words, if a person came knocking on my door asking for help, I wouldn't consider how I would be treated if I knocked on THEIR door. I would do what I could to help them. Because that's who I am.

while i dont think 'phobia' is the right extension to use cause phobia implies fear i will use it here.
i do not have islamophobia. i have religionphobia.

my definition is not a fear though it is an extreme dislike. all of them

and to touch on something you said BH.
if a person came knocking on my door asking for help i absolutely, 100% would consider how i would be treated if i knocked on their door.
if they wouldnt help me they than can kick rocks right on down the road

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

So we should use those two people that resorted to violence as the standard?

That won't still well for gun owners at all...

Two people? Again, in case you haven't noticed, it's a global epidemic. Also, gun owners are demonized endlessly in our media.
edit on 17-10-2015 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DeusImperator

and even though they bomb, they don't decapitate people because they have a different religion, nor burn they prisoners alive, nor do they throw homosexuals blindfolded from roofs.

Willfully blind to see a few crimes sensationalized by the media as more important than the result of waging unjust aggressive warfare for greed, resources and control.

Get this straight, a "bomb" is a high temperature fireball, it burns people to death. The shrapnel cuts peoples flesh, the blast wave severs peoples heads. It does it with much more force than a simple knife or gasoline. Dead is dead.

You never been bombed like you say… how could you even compare the two? You need to go YouTube and watch some war footage form these regions.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I am just using the example you choose to use, where you decided to use the two people.
It isn't really any more global then any other extremist groups, we have chistitans killing people in africa everyday.

For the sake of argument I'll agree gun owners are demonized, and what we hear in response for that is don't blame us for the actions of this crazies.
Do you not agree with that thought process?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Uh, IS are basically blasphemous to most Muslims, I think. They're not even really religious--they're using that to dupe people. I think you should check Raheel Raza out.

Raheel Raza Official Site

a reply to: Sremmos80

...what? What Christians are killing people in Africa everyday? You mean giving them aid? I think you're thinking Boko Haram--which is an IS affiliate.
edit on 17-10-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Islamophobe - someone who knows too much about islam

Sorry, but there is nothing irrational about fearing this cult.

Not everyone has had the close day to day dealings that I did with muslims, but I am here to say I do not trust them. At ALL.

Call me some fake phobia if you like, I'll wear it proudly.

I'd rather be aware, then stabbed in the back.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

en.wikipedia.org...
Nope talking these guys.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Truce!

I have a question and I am not trying to be duplicitous.

You mentioned the book you wanted CallYourBluff to read, is a version with most of the bias removed.

Is this the Quran that the majority of Muslims use? If not, could you direct us to the standard Quran that the majority of Muslims do use.

When I get home I will share with you the version I own, which I bought over 30 years ago, when I was doing a comparative on religions.

I would just like to know where it stands from your point of view.

Thank you for your time and patience.

edit on 17-10-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Correction.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I am just using the example you choose to use, where you decided to use the two people.
It isn't really any more global then any other extremist groups, we have chistitans killing people in africa everyday.

For the sake of argument I'll agree gun owners are demonized, and what we hear in response for that is don't blame us for the actions of this crazies.
Do you not agree with that thought process?

Have you seen global polling on Muslims? Large percentages believe in extremism. I know you're trying hard to cling to your ideology, but reality is going to give you a rude surprise.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

You must not have read very thoroughly, because I also mentioned the large turn out of "moderate" Muslims who protested the drawing of Mohammad instead of protesting killing over drawings of Mohammad.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
If somebody knocks on my door asking for help I don't care what religion they are, I help if I can.

Except...if I know that the same person knocking on my door was abusing other neighbors who helped him, or tried to molest those who refused to help him. Then I would NOT, under any circumstances, help that person. Is that making me an islamaphobe? Then I am one, and I don't care to admit it.

The way the muslims are behaving in Europe is showing no respect or acceptance for the western way of life; they are not europeans' friends. And since I am able to learn from other people's mistakes, I'll pass on being a friend to muslims.
I don't need ideologies, holy books or other smart rethorics.
Is basic common sense: people who openly declare to be my enemies are not my friends.

edit on 17-10-2015 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
How many of you were defending the "clock boy"? Now he's meeting with the genocidal leader of Sudan. Does it occur to you that maybe you're naive?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982
Islamophobe - someone who knows too much about islam

Sorry, but there is nothing irrational about fearing this cult.

Not everyone has had the close day to day dealings that I did with muslims, but I am here to say I do not trust them. At ALL.

Call me some fake phobia if you like, I'll wear it proudly.

I'd rather be aware, then stabbed in the back.

Spot on.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
All these large organized religions are ugly and dangerous. Islam just happens to be in the spotlight during this time in history.

All this fuss about how one should live their life based on ancient texts. Humanity will never change if it is still fighting over old dogma and ideologies.

The subject at hand : I think people can overuse "islamophobia". If I say islam is dumb and an ugly religion. This is not a phobia. However, If one says that all Muslims' end-game is to force Islam on everyone or die, then that is being a bit of islamophobe. In my opinion..

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Islam is not a culture or a race it's a Religious System.

I know of no laws forcing me nor anyone else to agree upon this religion or pander to it's belief systems.

Therefore those who are 'not' hostile and favor the Islamic religion based on a story book called 'the koran' is fine with me i don't give a horses arse what people believe so long as they leave me and others who do NOT wish to abide by their '' as many in our western culture'' regard as backwards, crude, unfair, sexist and racist towards other actual cultures ''. I'm sure the majority of muslams dont care either however if there was a religious war, and there will be, people will be forced to choose and if you believe in Muhammed you'll do what the koran says, if you're a believer in Jesus as the Christ you'll do what the Bible says.

Now, who do you think will become more violent in our day and age, not 2000 yrs ago but now? There ya go. I think it's pretty apparent places such as Sodom Arabia is anything but a peaceful and fair Country. Enough Said..

edit on 10/18/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
How many of you were defending the "clock boy"? Now he's meeting with the genocidal leader of Sudan. Does it occur to you that maybe you're naive?

Indeed. The more this story rolls, the more it seems the who "clock" was a sham and a manipulation. The Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir typifies what's wrong with Muslim rulers across the Muslim world. He's a tyrant and wanted for all sorts of crimes and human rights abuses. This "clock boy" is a fool.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Looking the other way? I have not been.

That is why I am fully aware that the people who are being killed over comic strips are not being killed by Muslims, but by fundamentalist extremists. The Christians in the Irish Republican Army, and the Christians in the Ulster Volunteer Force were not in those organisations because they were part of a faith, but because they were twisted by hate and lead by sociopaths.

The same applies for fundamentalist extremism in the Muslim world. Again, you conflated the word Muslim with terrorist, and that is wrong. I am not a better person because I am ignorant of what is going on. I am making a better effort to be a decent person than some, because I have made an effort to understand that Muslim and terrorist are not synonyms for one another.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: DeusImperator

and even though they bomb, they don't decapitate people because they have a different religion, nor burn they prisoners alive, nor do they throw homosexuals blindfolded from roofs.

Willfully blind to see a few crimes sensationalized by the media as more important than the result of waging unjust aggressive warfare for greed, resources and control.

Get this straight, a "bomb" is a high temperature fireball, it burns people to death. The shrapnel cuts peoples flesh, the blast wave severs peoples heads. It does it with much more force than a simple knife or gasoline. Dead is dead.

You never been bombed like you say… how could you even compare the two? You need to go YouTube and watch some war footage form these regions.

i have never been bombed, but islamic terrorists are active in my country killing. WHO SHOULD I FEAR? Most organised crime is also from immigrant muslims: turks, morrocans. This year a man was shot with laser pointed ak-47's sevral meters from a primary school, the children saw it all. What does bombing people in the Middle east has to do with (sometimes native borne) extremist. I think you are going off topic m8.
And I think most people are against the wars in the middle east, but its not the people to decide what happens, the elite decides. So dont blame us, for their actions, and when we fear islamic terrorists, its not because of a few incidents... these incidents just continue to happen year after year. London, Paris, Amsterdam.. when will it end? You think it is going to get better with millions of muslims fresh from the middle east streaming in? couple weeks ago one of my mates girlfriends colleagues was sexually asaulted by three ''refugees''... just to show you how much they respect our values. Whatever man, keep your eyes blind and keep shouting ''but... buttt... usa bombs?'' usa bombs have nothing to do with this #, were talking about a generally more agressive people with very strong links to their own culture and values that just happen to live in great numbers among us and are growing.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join