It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamophobia, is it even a thing?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

No there is no such thing. A phobia is a medical issue. It's only a word used by some people to silence those who do not like the religion of Islam.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Why can't islamophobia and westernphobia both exist?

I don't understand your post...

It seems like a Selective Attention Fallacy if I'm honest.
edit on 17-10-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Let´s see
If everyone would behave nicely .. there would not be any conflicts right? There must be a reason why they refuse to follow the law. if it is not because of bringing sharia law to western world the reason must be fear of western way of life? You know them Charlie what is your take on this ? Why western law is not good enough for them?

Where we live, we are very peaceful.. We don´t even have police and we have about 20 000 people living here. I wonder how long it takes when we really need a police.. any bets ?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

You know them Charlie what is your take on this ? Why western law is not good enough for them?

I personally don't know any Muslims like that.
They're just the average hardworking human you'd expect.

You wouldn't even know they were Muslims.
Unless you guessed based on skin colour.

However, I know plenty of Londoners who hate the Law though.

I can't speak for where you live.
That would be for you to surmise, Dollukka.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
You know them Charlie what is your take on this ? Why western law is not good enough for them?

Because Sharia has a religious context and therefore is about control.

There is no jury. Women are treated unequally. Crimes which in the secular and liberal west have long since been outside of authority - such as adultery, apostasy, drinking pint of beer, are punishable under sharia.

Sharia law is not good enough for the West.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

It's just a buzzword, like 'radicalization'

Radicalization is basically indoctrination with an extra teaspoon of MSM sugar.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: DeusImperator

Too many muslims, especially the fresh immigrants, show aggressive behavior and a general disrespect of western values.

That wouldn't be because western values invaded and destroyed their homes, would it.

I don't see christians decapitating thousands of innocents nowadays, so i don't fear them.

Go there, westerners kill / have killed untold masses from the stratosphere in air-conditioned cockpits.

You think a bomb knows the difference between combatants and women or children? You think hi explosives and shrapnel don't immolate and decapitate everyone in their blast radius?
Lets downplay some more injustice by focusing on those fleeing from these regions and whatever religion their culture practices.

Im not faced with aerial bombardements, im faced with extremist living in my country. No american bombs have exploded since ww2 on dutch soil, on the other hand, dutch filmmakers have been killed for critizing islam, in the same street my father teaches schoolchildren! (Theo van Gogh, 8 bullets, throat slit, and a knife through the heart all the way to the spine. 2 bystanders were also hit. A dutch born immigrant was the perpetrator. Funny enough he also ''insulted'' christianity and jews, yet they did not killed him.)

Listen well, I dont want these barbarians living near me. Im not to blame for US foreign policy, so stop that old argument please, not the entire western world is USA. and eventhough they bomb, they dont decapitate people because they have a different religion, nor burn they prisoners alive, nor do they throw homosexuals blindfolded from roofs. The western countries are in controll of a small minority that does everything to maintain control over the world. Islam on the other hand has many, many fanatics willing to kill over their fairytale medieval book. Nonetheless, I was talking about CHRISTIANS, in the context of RELIGION. Read better next time.
The focus is on (muslim) refugees because they have ridiculous high crime and welfare statistics, thats what makes them unwanted. In holland we have chinese, indians, indonesians, vietnamese, poles yet i hear almost nothing about them in the news, and you know why? Because they work hard, behave themselves and respect Dutch culture!

please tell me again how great islam is, just take Saudi-arabia as an example. Islam was born there and they follow the quran as strict as they can.
edit on 17-10-2015 by DeusImperator because: (no reason given)

btw. several hundred DUTCH borne citizens are fighting in Syria as we speak in extremist groups, their houses have not been bombed, whats your excuse now?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
People have been using our differences for ever to promote hatred, just look at all the hatred over the years towards different groups of immigrants in north america.

It was the jews,irish,catholics,polish, all went throughs the same attacks during the creation of the usa and canada.

Now we have the muslims to hate, people need to wake up.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I doubt anyone knows the people who say they can't live within western laws.
ETA: Not saying they don't exist, just that they are the minority and not as wide spread like is said to be.
Strange how hundreds of millions do everyday.
/shrug.
edit on thSat, 17 Oct 2015 15:08:06 -0500America/Chicago1020150680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969Now we have the muslims to hate, people need to wake up.

To be honest, much of the hatred is from Muslims towards the West. Flag burning and indoctrination of children is just the tip of the iceberg. The civil liberties, secularism, women's rights, political freedoms, law and judgment of you peers, cartoons and satire are all things that the West espouse and the Muslims hate.

The West fear losing all of the above.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Sorry but there is PLENTY of hate towards muslims in this thread alone.
Hate begets hate, I would say both sides dish it out even and they both do it because the other guy is.

Stop modeling your thought process of the war torn countries of the ME and the theocratic gov of Saudi and others in that area.

he civil liberties, secularism, women's rights, political freedoms, law and judgment of you peers, cartoons and satire are all things that the West espouse and the Muslims hate.

Please we struggle with all but the satire part, and even some of that, here in the states from our own people.

edit on thSat, 17 Oct 2015 15:29:13 -0500America/Chicago1020151380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Are you a muslim? law of Quran or law of the state? Which one you follow when law of Quran contradicts law of the state ??

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I am not a muslim.

Had a boss that was a devout though, he followed the laws of the states.
And know plenty of them, go to school with even more.

Do you fear the take over of christian law in the states? We have a higher chance of that.
We still have people say that we should be able to tell people who they can marry because the bible says so.
Do you take this same stance with them and tell them they need to get out of the west since their religion doesn't comply with out laws?

edit on thSat, 17 Oct 2015 15:29:39 -0500America/Chicago1020153980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

4:59 tells Muslims to obey the law of the Land as long as it doesn't go against the laws of God...

For example if a Western nation had a compulsory Eat Pork Day, that would be unlawful...

But most if not all laws are easy to follow, one of the only ones that isn't is Usury.
Muslims do not accept loans with interest rates.

Rightly so.

If I borrow 5 pound from someone I don't owe them 10 pounds back.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Im Lutheran and in my country church and state are separated which is great. No religion should dictate the law of the countries as among religious people there are always fundamentalists which want their own view over other one even the other one is more benefical and fair to people. Religion and State should always be separate.
edit on 17-10-2015 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Religion and State should always be separate.

Agreed, so lets focus on the people actively doing that. Look at most of your politicians running on the right and what they preach to see where the problem is.

If people want to take care of civil matters with religion I take less issue with that. Unless one party doesn't want to then it is out the door.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

4:59 tells Muslims to obey the law of the Land as long as it doesn't go against the laws of God...

I have heard this before. Without gibberish... law of the Allah comes first if it contradicts law of the state.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Everything which is related to human rights should NEVER be taken care of religious bigots. For example Jehovas witnesses and their civil courts, mormons and their civil courts and Scientology and their punishing methods etc. Islam as many fanatic Christian views, all have punishing methods which are against human rights.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Bluntone22

Barbaric history?

Honestly, do you not keep up with current events? Most of the daily horrors in modern times are being perpetrated by Muslims. Almost every conflict happening on this planet involve Muslims. People DIE at the hands of Muslims when they draw cartoons they dont like. Why do you feel the need to ignore this or look the other way? Do you think looking the other way makes you a better person?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

Now we have the muslims to hate, people need to wake up.

Do you think the endless horror, terrorist attacking and conflicts around the planet have anything at all to do with hate towards Muslims? When Muslims tried to kill people in Texas over a cartoon, the so called "moderate" Muslims protested the drawing of Mohammad. DO you think that might have some bearing on people's view of Islam?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join