It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamophobia, is it even a thing?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
What we see is lack of respect of others property and lack of respect for law. We also got our first immigrants couple weeks ago and we already see them eating grocery products in stores and not paying for them ( tasting and putting products back if they don´t like them ), week ago young 8 years old local boy was photographed by them while he was in school yard in recess hour. In another town 40 years old woman was raped, she is visually and hearing impaired but was able to give police information to catch the rapist.. Police got the guy and he turned out to be immigrant. His name was also publicly published in other news when he was caught.
police
News about rapist been caught

list goes on and on..

Sweden is a rape capital of the world.. we are soon right after them

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I don't 'fear' islam. I copletely reject it. I reject all 'religions' or belief systems that produce hate [deliberately or not]. It means:

- Either these religions are not clear enough in their message of peace
- or they are not doing a good enough job to teach the peace part
- or their followers are not capable of hearing the message of peace for one reason or another

The things anyone can agree on, because these are facts:

- the koran is not to be amended
- a good muslim will strive to live as described in the koran
- in the koran it is made clear that unbelievers [like me] are not on their best friends list
- there are moderate muslims, especially in far east asian countries but none of those are coming to Europe
- most muslims that leave their country are from the middle east, where dare I say the deepest darkest islam is preached
- there is a group out there that uses muslim sympathisers and islam for their reason to kill, rape and mame [ISIS]
- Nobody can tell a fanatic from a peaceful muslim without being telepathic

That alone should keep anyone on their toes.

Then there are personal experiences, things that have shaped my own opinion not through the media but by actually witnessing them.
I won't list thema s there are too many.

Have I met nice muslims?

Of course I have, mainly girls but also younger educated males.

What I am trying to say in a roundabout way is that I have seen enough to make me KNOW that tradition and religion comes before ANYTHING else, for a large group of muslims, not just a puny few. It is possible to be civil and still hate a person or a whole country or life style. To believe that everyone who is civil is also good, is a bit naive though.

Yet we have people who want to completely ignore personal experiences and say that they count for nothing because everything I, or anyone else has witnessed is somehow BS and that their belief that all muslims are lovely peace loving humans who merely want to come to Europe to hug unbelievers is the correct view.

Surely even they must admit that the truth is somewhere in between.
There are nice muslims, because there are nice people on this earth. However how can anyone deny that there are also very backwards, angry, proud [hmmm], devout, religious, old fashioned muslims and those that WANT to spread islam?

Please, all of you that call us 'bigots' for having formed a logical opinion based on experience, please give me hard core evidence that angry hateful muslims who want to bring islam to Europe do not exist. Because if you could, I'd be grateful and would care less.

My stance is really simple, I abhor religion because it treats clever and stupid people the same but stupid people often abuse their religion to do bad things. And no, an angry devout muslim is not the same as an angry devout christian.
They bark a lot, but christans don't bite anymore. They have done their bad deeds in the dark ages and have come out reformed [meaning some still have old fashioned views but they are not prepared to kill for them]. I for one applaud them for understanding that killing for religion is wholly outdated. It makes for more relaxed living.

I can live with that. However, it is clear that some muslims come from countries where life is hard and where their behaviour is very different to western society. There are things accepted that are unacceptable in a western society.
To just push two such different cultures together without explaining our boundaries as a host nation, for fear of being called 'names' is naive at best. We are not seen as 'good kind people' by those I described earlier but rather as weak and easy to manipulate.

After all if you loved our ways and our country, you'd be first in the queue to 'become' like us, to join in the freedom rather than keep your old ways to the extent of voluntary segregation and trying to bring your way of live with you without any changes. It makes no sense.

TL;DR: Those that shout 'bigots' without any backup are just as extreme and inflexible to their ideal view of muslims, than those that hate without having ever met any muslims.
Wilful ignorance of truth can never lead to a decent discussion, from both sides. But a discussion is needed because real change will happen with such a large amount of people from a different culture being introduced without any guidance. That change will have a longterm effect and it will include islam. However a lot of humans [most] in Europe do not want to be part of islam. That's not bigotry, it is our right. To just see the 'rosy' or the 'violent' side of islam [...] is to deliberately spread untruths. To call anyone a name because of genuine worry is ignorance at its best.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I see islamophobic as a compliment. Too many muslims, especially the fresh immigrants, show agressive behavior and a general disrespect of western values. Dont think religion has a place in modern society, yet islamist call for sharia on a large scale. I dont see christians decapitating thousands of innocents nowadays, so i dont fear them.

How can one not feel fear and amger grow when looking at saudi arabia, where the purest form of islam rules the land. Sharia. British man in his 60' faces life threatening punishment for possesion of some wine, where womens rights are absent and people are still being beheaded and crucified. Were talking about one of the richest countries in the world, their ideology is to blame for this madness.
edit on 17-10-2015 by DeusImperator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Beautifully put.

I like this paragraph most.

I can live with that. However, it is clear that some muslims come from countries where life is hard and where their behaviour is very different to western society. There are things accepted that are unacceptable in a western society.

Right on point and wish this kind of line made it on the news more often.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta
a reply to: CallYourBluff
The less then 5% of misguided extremsit out of 1.2 billion Muslims in the world?

I always wonder how muslims have such a good grasp of how many extremists there are but no idea who they are or how to stop them...

Anyway, if only 5% of muslims are extremists, that is still 60 million savage psychopaths. That is more than enough for me to say NO at border and stop them right there. 60 million is more than enough to wreck havoc world wide for a very long time.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

The war on terror is a war of terror. The more afraid they make everyone in the media, the more likely you will agree something must be done.

The media is responsible for acts of terror because they promote Islamic Jihadic extremic radicalistic isis ism ist, morning, noon and night.

Just like they promote antigun rhetoric and pro Israel rhetoric.

For example, you know how many people around the world get stabbed every day?

And which is the most disturbing? When a Palestinian does it. Thats because that is the stabbing thats promoted in the News.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

It's not 5%. It could be 80% that rise to the call if Imam's give it. Peer pressure is alot, and they could hardly miss the extremism that is occurring, thanks to our Western Leaders who seem to have done this on orders from Bankers.

There is only one family that is trillionaire status in this world. 1 family where someone criticized Robin Williams who was very cogenial in his meeting with Dave Rothschild in his recyled plastic boat, for the subtle tell tail signs of being strained by the meeting, so he called a hater, and put him down online elsewhwere. And then when asked well who is he to us, King of the World.

Nothing happens without that families direct orders including this:

www.express.co.uk...

They declared a European Caliphate. Do I think most would like this? Not in the past, and there are many who want to live free lives here, their own way, but not abusive misogynst types only. But there is a lot of peer pressure and growing ideology changes amongst youths who are being converted to harsh things.

There wasn't alot of renouncing this publically, though sentiments could be that way still as a majority, but thats probably 60% or less now. Peer pressure. Renouncing this is quite a brave thing for Muslim families to do and they could be targetted or lose standing in their communities and mosques.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: BlackProject

The war on terror is a war of terror. The more afraid they make everyone in the media, the more likely you will agree something must be done.

The media is responsible for acts of terror because they promote Islamic Jihadic extremic radicalistic isis ism ist, morning, noon and night.

Just like they promote antigun rhetoric and pro Israel rhetoric.

For example, you know how many people around the world get stabbed every day?

And which is the most disturbing? When a Palestinian does it. Thats because that is the stabbing thats promoted in the News.

I think you have a little spin on things.

Reporting news that is terrifying is not the same as promoting terror.

The media is not responsible for terror. The terror must have come first or the media would have nothing to say.

People do get stabbed every day. A stabbing in a domestic dispute is an isolated incident. A stabbing during a robbery is an isolated incident. It has no chance of spreading. One and done. When a stabbing motivated by religious differences happens it gets attention because it might just be the tip of an ice berg. It may be one incident, but there may be many others that follow for the same reason with the same motivation.

Its not just msm though. The more I see and experience myself, the more vigilant I become. And the people I know and trust, they have experiences too that I hear about. I would be wary of forming my opinion solely on msm information. But when I add that to my own and that of friends and family, its more than enough to be compelling.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: CallYourBluff

I think we can definitely say the term Islamophobia is relevant.

Why don't you read the Quran for yourself and see if you find extremism within its pages?

Here is a fairly good interpretation that leaves out most of the bias not found in the original Arabic.
www.holybooks.com...

And if you refuse to read it for yourself you have no right to tell members of Islam who call extremists views misrepresentations of Islam wrong.

Deny Ignorance - Read a book

edit on 17-10-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

The media is not responsible for terror. The terror must have come first or the media would have nothing to say.

Reporting on terror acts is what promotes the war on terror. The real war on terror is waaay more terrifying than puny acts of terror hyped in the mainstream.

Thousands upon thousands of air strikes are the real threat to nations being victimized, virtually uncovered by the media.

And the band played on.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I do not feel the need to reply once again to your post. Considering it seems you think the world is full of rainbows.

As I tried to put to you, you may see the world in one way but that does not stand for everyone else.

No one took note of Hitler before he came to power and the minority killed the vast majority. My point being, you think because it's a small movement now, it won't grow exponentially in the future. At that point, you'll be wondering why you didn't speak up more but hey! it is not knocking at your front door yet is it
so do not worry about it. Cut the grass and sip the kool aid.

It's the Islamophobes that should be compared to Hitler...

Far right fascist nationalist supremacy rhetoric...

Yep, Hitler all over.

You won't get me or mine in a camp.
Salam.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Reporting on terror acts is what promotes the war on terror. The real war on terror is waaay more terrifying than puny acts of terror hyped in the mainstream.

Thousands upon thousands of air strikes are the real threat to nations being victimized, virtually uncovered by the media.

And the band played on.

With all due respect, I do not consider things like 9/11 puny.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Phobia is an irrational fear. There is nothing irrational about being leary of a culture with such a barbaric history. They have been barbaric since the seventh century and I have seen nothing indicating they will ever change their ways.

You, everyone else who had said "phobia is just an irrational fear" and everyone else that starred all of you need to pick up a dictionary and enhance your lexicon.

Because you're all wrong.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: tony9802

Provide evedience for every thing you have claimed.

This folks is a prime example of somone whos been feeding off the MSM Islam hogwash.

You sir are without a doubt an Islamaphobe.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

And the band played on.

With all due respect, I do not consider things like 9/11 puny.

Oh, the original excuse to destroy whole nations in ongoing endless war.

With all due respect, you have been brainwashed.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

LoL Kap, ask Tony if white guilt is a social construct by the right wing PC brigade or a real thing...

If this thread had been about white guilt his entire post would have been reversed.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Hate begets hate people, pretty much everything being talking about here people of all cultures and races do. Humanity is savage ans backwards, we should get off our high horses and stop acting like our #don't stink.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I started to believe ..... But then
He lost me at

There are Muslim Troops in the United States ready to take out the American military, patriots, gun owners and Christians etc

Apparently I am uninformed about this.

Lol *slow clap*

link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Dear Charlie.. its not a islamophobia what has raised head in Europe.. its a westernphobia. In refugees centers they teach immigrants what is not allowed and what is ok. They teach that in Scandinavia females can dress as they like and it is not allowed to men touch or harass them. They also teach that it is usual in here that females walk alone no matter what time of the day it is and even then it is not OK allowed to harass them sexually. Even they are taught and rules have been taught, many choose to exactly what is not allowed and is against the law. It is not Islamophobia its westernphobia by them.. how else you explain what is happening ?

link   
a reply to: DeusImperator

Too many muslims, especially the fresh immigrants, show aggressive behavior and a general disrespect of western values.

That wouldn't be because western values invaded and destroyed their homes, would it.

I don't see christians decapitating thousands of innocents nowadays, so i don't fear them.

Go there, westerners kill / have killed untold masses from the stratosphere in air-conditioned cockpits.

You think a bomb knows the difference between combatants and women or children? You think hi explosives and shrapnel don't immolate and decapitate everyone in their blast radius?

Lets downplay some more injustice by focusing on those fleeing from these regions and whatever religion their culture practices.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join