It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamophobia, is it even a thing?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I am making this thread to see what others think and feel about current immigration and mixed societies we live in.

I keep hearing this term, islamophobia where I live in the UK. It is used more and more whenever someone wishes to share their opinion about Muslim faith and their ways of life, they instantly get stamped as such. Which is odd. It is like saying something you said hurt my feelings, now I wish the law to step in and arrest you because of it. That is something a 10 year old child learns when growing up, to deal with hurt feelings, as nothing happens. Sticks and stones and all that.

I want to personally say that I have no hatred towards any faith, never have never will. However my point I would like to set is that if I asked you to go to any country tomorrow, would you expect them to lay a red carpet out for you to walk on, with a building with your name on it and a place to sit and play pass the parcel? Not likely because hey, that country couldn’t care less what you want or who you are. So why is it here, in the UK and I would think America too they are doing this for religious Muslims and of course other immigrations too.

You may say we are bending over backwards for them, we being the government. However the government isn’t just that, it is the British people and Americans that give up are ways without question and let governments set out whatever they wish. Mostly for business and money making reasons.

Now before I go on a whole new perspective here, I will wrap it up there.

It is obvious that slowly there is a build-up of those that are seeing their normal way of living slip away from them as they see others do nothing about it because after all, you’re not trying to protect your livelihood. Your islamophobic…………So they say.

Here is a video to show what some people are beginning to react like.

Rant From Woman

- couldn't imbed the video sadly due to it being on a non youtube site.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Reacting to your bad behavior is not hate, it's common sense.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Muslim here.

I have used the term Islamaphobe. And normally direct it at people who refuse to research Islam and assume extremism represents the whole of Islam. Ones who bask in the ignorance of " the msm tells me so it must be true "

The same people spread misconceptions and ideas about Islam just as extremist do.

Their is nothing wrong with being concernd about extremsim i am concerned my self .
If Muslims want to live Sharia law then they need to move to a land that supports it. That is a sharia law ruling.

But when people sit here and freak out thinking that their is some big huge plan for Islam to take over the world when its simply not true ,what shall we call these people?

Its a fear a phobia they have based of pure ignorance.

edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
A phobia is an irrational fear. I don't think being fearful of Islam is necessarily irrational, just like a fear of spiders and snakes is not irrational. I can't say I'm living in fear of Islam, but there has certainly been an increase in negative attitudes towards people of the Muslim faith.

Hate crimes against Muslims in London have risen by 70% in the past year, according to Met Police statistics. Figures for the 12 months up to July showed 816 Islamophobic crimes, compared with 478 for the previous 12-month period.

www.bbc.co.uk... I don't think we should blame all Muslims for things like Isis or Lee rigbys murder but I understand those who may do so. I try to see things from both sides so I don't actually fear Islam. I can't say it's a religion I would follow or want people to follow, but I'd rather people weren't religious all together, which I know isn't going to happen. I just fear people's reactions to Muslims as it drives them to other extremist ideologies
edit on 17-10-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-10-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject
... if I asked you to go to any country tomorrow, would you expect them to lay a red carpet out for you to walk on, with a building with your name on it and a place to sit and play pass the parcel? Not likely because hey, that country couldn’t care less what you want or who you are. So why is it here, in the UK and I would think America too they are doing this for religious Muslims and of course other immigrations too.

I don't know about the UK, but in the US, we don't determine how we treat immigrants based on how the most hostile countries would treat them. We have OUR standards and they don't change based on the selfishness, xenophobia, or suspicion of people who aren't like us.

In other words, if a person came knocking on my door asking for help, I wouldn't consider how I would be treated if I knocked on THEIR door. I would do what I could to help them. Because that's who I am. And I'm proud of who I am. I have my standards and they're not dependent on other people's standards.

It is obvious that slowly there is a build-up of those that are seeing their normal way of living slip away from them

Whose normal way of living is slipping away? I don't understand this.

Here is a video to show what some people are beginning to react like.

Rant From Woman

There's an ATS thread here on the video: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The black woman is having a bigoted fit. There are bigots everywhere. Clearly, this foul woman is suffering from "Islamophobia", so the answer to your question is yes, Islamophobia most definitely is "a Thing", here in the US as well as in the UK.

Islamophobia - A dislike of or prejudice against Islam or Muslims, especially as a political force.

Yep. It's a thing.

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Reacting to your bad behavior is not hate, it's common sense.

Getting on a bus, wearing a head scarf is not "bad behavior".
edit on 10/17/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

The term, Islamophobia and its use in terms of accusing someone of being an Islamaphobe, is basically a fabricated concept designed to enforce political correctness. Its applied to a wide range of behaviors and perspectives and it's used to denigrate those who express something less than abject acceptance of the presence of practicing Muslims in civilized Western societies. As is so often with these artificial constructs of the social engineers of Political Correctness, charges of Islamaphobia have become rather laughable except in the sense that they've been picked up by legal systems intent on enforcing Political correctness, which I take to be the case in the UK.

As a result therefore, the use of the term has had the effect of suppressing the exercise of free speech and free expression of heartfelt opinion. Other than that of course, it has no real meaning except as a label used to confound those who object to the importation of Muslims into their communities.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Its not islamiphobia if they really are trying to kill you.

In all seriousness yes it is on the rise in the west, i think the MSM plays a big role in this.
When ever muslims are in the news it tends to be for negative reasons(isis,lone wolf attacks etc.etc)

However i have noticed a trend where people get called racist or islamiphobic for criticising islam or muslims or immigrants or for that matter anyone that is not their race.
edit on 17 10 2015 by Ozsheeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I have a strong disregard? phobia? dislike? these words fail. I renounce and denounce, reject wholely and entirely, all religious programming of any kind. (Differentiating religion from spiritual, for spiritual, meditation, awakening to Source and Higher Self, and gaining in Love, Equality, Freedom and Kindness is what life is about).

So do you mean syrians? people? People that are from a region? A phobia against their natural selves, before they're programmed? Or do you mean the outcome of the programmed self, so that suddenly women are forced into burqa's, or willingly submit to this degradation?

So I guess it depends on what we're calling Islam, it doesnt sound like a nation, like having a phobia against English, French, Japanese say. That word is used across many countries, so what does it refer to?

An ism, a fundamental set of programming, beliefs, entrenched in religion, (I denounce) and fascism, ie theocracy (I repudiate and denounce as crimes against all souls in existence whereas the first and biggest sin/crime is Domination of others, or Love of Power).

As such, if this is what is meant by that term, islamic phobia, then its a very real things except phobia isn't anywhere near as strong a word as the renouncing and repudiation of crimes against humanity.

edit on 17-10-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

The term, Islamophobia and its use in terms of accusing someone of being an Islamaphobe, is basically a fabricated concept designed to enforce political correctness. Its applied to a wide range of behaviors and perspectives and it's used to denigrate those who express something less than abject acceptance of the presence of practicing Muslims in civilized Western societies. As is so often with these artificial constructs of the social engineers of Political Correctness, charges of Islamaphobia have become rather laughable except in the sense that they've been picked up by legal systems intent on enforcing Political correctness, which I take to be the case in the UK.

As a result therefore, the use of the term has had the effect of suppressing the exercise of free speech and free expression of heartfelt opinion. Other than that of course, it has no real meaning except as a label used to confound those who object to the importation of Muslims into their communities.

Exactly, if it were anything other than an effective propaganda strategy, we would be hearing about bans on Christianophobia, Jewphobia, Buddaphobia, etc.

Defamation of religion is an issue that has been repeatedly addressed by some member states of the United Nations (UN) since 1999. Several non-binding resolutions have been voted on and accepted by the UN condemning "defamation of religion". The motions, sponsored on behalf of the Organization of the Islamic Conference,[1] aim to prohibit expression that would "fuel discrimination, extremism and misperception leading to polarization and fragmentation with dangerous unintended and unforeseen consequences". Religious groups, human rights activists, free-speech activists, and several countries in the West have condemned the resolutions arguing they amount to an international blasphemy law.[2] Critics of the resolutions including human rights groups argue that they are used to politically strengthen domestic anti-blasphemy and religious defamation laws, which are used to imprison journalists, students and other peaceful political dissidents.[3][4] Since 2001 there has been a clear split, with the Islamic bloc and much of the developing world supporting the resolutions, and mostly Western democracies opposing. Support has been waning in recent years, due to increased opposition from the West, along with lobbying by religious, free-speech, and human rights advocacy groups. Some countries in Africa, the Pacific, and Latin America have begun switching from supporting to abstaining, or from abstaining to opposing.[1] The most recent "defamation of religions" resolution in 2010, which also condemned "the ban on the construction of minarets of mosques"[5] four months after a Swiss referendum introduced such a ban, passed with only 20 supporting, 17 opposing, and 8 abstaining.[6]]cd[/url] is an issue that has been repeatedly addressed by some member states of the United Nations (UN) since 1999. Several non-binding resolutions have been voted on and accepted by the UN condemning "defamation of religion". The motions, sponsored on behalf of the Organization of the Islamic Conference,[1] aim to prohibit expression that would "fuel discrimination, extremism and misperception leading to polarization and fragmentation with dangerous unintended and unforeseen consequences". Religious groups, human rights activists, free-speech activists, and several countries in the West have condemned the resolutions arguing they amount to an international blasphemy law.[2] Critics of the resolutions including human rights groups argue that they are used to politically strengthen domestic anti-blasphemy and religious defamation laws, which are used to imprison journalists, students and other peaceful political dissidents.[3][4]

Since 2001 there has been a clear split, with the Islamic bloc and much of the developing world supporting the resolutions, and mostly Western democracies opposing. Support has been waning in recent years, due to increased opposition from the West, along with lobbying by religious, free-speech, and human rights advocacy groups. Some countries in Africa, the Pacific, and Latin America have begun switching from supporting to abstaining, or from abstaining to opposing.[1] The most recent "defamation of religions" resolution in 2010, which also condemned "the ban on the construction of minarets of mosques"[5] four months after a Swiss referendum introduced such a ban, passed with only 20 supporting, 17 opposing, and 8 abstaining.[6]

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Natural response to savage,backward ideology.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta
Muslim here.

I have used the term Islamaphobe. And normally direct it at people who refuse to research Islam and assume extremism represents the whole of Islam. Ones who bask in the ignorance of " the msm tells me so it must be true "

The same people spread misconceptions and ideas about Islam just as extremist do.

Their is nothing wrong with being concernd about extremsim i am concerned my self .
If Muslims want to live Sharia law then they need to move to a land that supports it. That is a sharia law ruling.

But when people sit here and freak out thinking that their is some big huge plan for Islam to take over the world when its simply not true ,what shall we call these people?

No plan to take over?GTFO!

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
At .25 of that video, looks almost like a Windsor behind the mask. Fitting too, they love Islam, and the Rothschilds/Windsor have orchestrated this entire thing to destroy the Middle Class and Free Democracies.

They want all the power, they also look forward to being gods of modern tech while humans are trust back in a time machine to the year 700 ad.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: CallYourBluff
Firstly tone your self down and don't disrespect me by using such filthy words.

Secondly thoes clowns in the video are most likely from green lane masjid in UK and follow the moron Anjem choundry . how many Muslims are in the UK? And how many were present on that video?

So tell me whos leading this army to take over the world ?

The less then 5% of misguided extremsit out of 1.2 billion Muslims in the world?

Who is the head of Islam?

If these morons in the video had any sens of Islamic law then they would know that trying to establish shria law in non muslims lands is in direct contradiction to Sharia rulings.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Another example.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
And another.Dirty,scrounging,parasites.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
One from Germany.

Muslims are destroying Europe.People really need to start paying attention before it's too late.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I don't know about the UK, but in the US, we don't determine how we treat immigrants based on how the most hostile countries would treat them. We have OUR standards and they don't change based on the selfishness, xenophobia, or suspicion of people who aren't like us.

In other words, if a person came knocking on my door asking for help, I wouldn't consider how I would be treated if I knocked on THEIR door. I would do what I could to help them. Because that's who I am. And I'm proud of who I am. I have my standards and they're not dependent on other people's standards.

You see its great that 'people like you' will answer a door and help the person on the other side, that is always an honourable way to behave. However can you say the same for others no, as you said. You do not think about the other side of your own point because you would probably say 'well, I wouldn't expect others to help me, its just how I am' well fine. However it isnt fine when your next door neighbours slowly become those of a way of life or outlook on you that if your friend or family went knocking on their door in need, they may not help them due to there hatred against you. Without you knowing it. This would not normally occur, thought process wise but the world has changed and is changing rapidly. This is no kind of fear, this is common sense and concern for future generations. Your way of thinking, is not necessarily going to hold for much longer. I would however act like you would too.

Whose normal way of living is slipping away? I don't understand this.

Well normally in England, as it also seems in America too. Normal American and English citizens do not have their say anymore, as it is garnished with racism or islamophobia. This used to be a clash between black and white, still is obviously but it seems because this has shifted towards a more civilised manner, introduction of another class of beliefs have been introduced into our lives.

There's an ATS thread here on the video: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The black woman is having a bigoted fit. There are bigots everywhere. Clearly, this foul woman is suffering from "Islamophobia", so the answer to your question is yes, Islamophobia most definitely is "a Thing", here in the US as well as in the UK.

Getting on a bus, wearing a head scarf is not "bad behavior".

SORRY! but it is. I will put it simply. If I got onto a bus wearing a balaclava, would you trust me? I could be ready to mug you or pull out a gun. How is it any different. It could be you think by wearing a certain material it now puts it in peaceful religious safety but it's not different. If I got onto a bus wearing a balaclava tomorrow, I would be told to get off. As I leave, I would see a burka wearing woman probably smiling as I got off too.

If things are to be civilised, then everything has to be equal. We cannot, they cannot. If they hate that, then its obvious this isnt the place for anyone with such strong beliefs to settle.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I am sorry, but there is nothing ignorant about being worried or concerned about one's nation being overrun by muslim sympathizers and muslim apologists. For heaven's sake, there are now children's schools in the US where children are being forced to recite the Five Pillars of Islam when the children have absolutely nothing to do with this faith.

I can find that article at some point, but you have to understand, that Islam is being pushed upon people very aggressively and not only in the US. In Germany there is now supposed to be some type of law, same in Sweden where one is not allowed to complain about the immigrants/refugees. What do you mean I am not allowed to complain or express my civilian grievances about a potentially explosive and volatile situation? That is a gag order, and that is what is happening in Europe and the US: civilians are in this sense being held hostage.

There are Muslim Troops in the United States ready to take out the American military, patriots, gun owners and Christians etc. What do you mean there is no effort by Islamic faithfuls to take over certain hemispheres and regions of the world? You sir, are entirely naive and uninformed.

Your comment then is null and void and the ignorance is all yours my friend.

If there is a dangerous snake in the room, am I supposed to just sit down and not say anything about it? Or am I supposed to react and respond accordingly given the threat and danger beside me in the same room? You run-- Do something about it.

I am not trying to compare muslims to snakes-- that would be sort of mean and nasty. Many muslims are total sweethearts,

Especially if they have already assimilated into and accepted and thereby do admire western society values and culture, which allows everyone to express moderate thoughts, rational thinking, etc. without violence. There are some individuals and communities though, that dislike the Western way of seeing and doing things. And they express their disdain aggressively, psycho-somatically, physically, visually, etc:
Those are the persons who are dangerous, and if they are really extreme, yes I might be willing to compare them to serpents.

Not trying to put down muslims, just utilizing the snake reptile as a symbol to represent a dangerous entity or a dangerous element; Fortunately,
you yourself stated that you likewise worry about "extremists" so do not take the road of "someone's bashing muslims again;" against my comment: that road will merely bring you back to your own statement- the contradiction.
edit on 17-10-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Muslim here.

If ignorance is spread by the media and the politicians, they should get the blame. It's high time to hold their feet to the flames rather than allowing them to divide the people. Most people are busy with jobs and families and don't have the time to fact-check the media. They believe they are doing due diligence just 'getting' the news.

edit on 17-10-2015 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ozsheeple

Its not islamiphobia if they really are trying to kill you.

In all seriousness yes it is on the rise in the west, i think the MSM plays a big role in this.
When ever muslims are in the news it tends to be for negative reasons(isis,lone wolf attacks etc.etc)

However i have noticed a trend where people get called racist or islamiphobic for criticising islam or muslims or immigrants or for that matter anyone that is not their race.

Yeah this would be my point, as you pointed out. It can be seen that whenever something occurs in this area it is negative. Mostly Muslims wanting rights that lets be honest, they should have no right here. Completely different country, completely different outlook. I am starting to think its a way of creating unrest and taking our attention off what is really going on. Governments have always enjoyed giving citizens a reason to fight between one another.

and yeah, once someone criticises them, whoever questioned them is deemed being islamophobic.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join