It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Parents Protest The Enrollment Of Gay Couples Children In Church School

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I'll bet if they banned the children of all parents who...

1. Used birth control
2. Were ever divorced
3. Engaged in sex for purposes other than procreation
4. Engaged in non-missionary sex
5. Ate meat on Fridays
6. etc. etc.

They'd be left with maybe a couple students to teach?

Hence the comment of a "slippery slope"....

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I just feel real sorry for the entire catholic preisthood. When Jesus returns, it will be like a humongous version of the money changers scene...

News at 9:00!
"Jesus tosses the entire catholic preisthood off a very high ledge, yelling "i said blessed are the little children, not molest the little children!!!."

He also would not recognize the prejudice we have against people who are poor, ignorant, different, or of "ill repute" (one of his closest friends was a whore). So i don't think we can pretend to understand what he would think of Gays adopting...

IMO that he would look at the abandoned children, and say... can't ANYONE find it in their hearts to help raise these children?
just my two little pennys...

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
LadyV why slam 'Christians' because they don't roll over? Then you claim a 'chemical imbalance.' Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Choice- people that are gay choose to be gay, period. Imbalance or not they still 'go with the flow.' We aren't referring to something like diabetes or the gout.

When someone builds their entire life around something= becomes a way of life.

The non-gay parents in this thread's subject not only don't ascribe to the same 'way' they don't want their children subjected to it. Is there something wrong with parents making decisions regarding what their children learn?

Then marge, you leap in and proclaim gays are pushing to show they are NOT different? Is this true? Do you really believe this? How can someone different not be different?

This makes no sense to me at all. The entire Gay-agenda is 'we are different and YOU MUST accept us and give us . . . .(this and that depending on our mood at the time)'

Gazrok I see a little difference between some child being shown that eating beef on Friday really doesn't imperil you to some kid being shown something else.
The list you posted is not in the same league as aberrant life choices. More akin would be children from a known crack-dealer. What happens when your little boy wants to spend the night with Jim and Bob's adopted son because they are going to 'have fun together just like in gym class?'
    [phone call] hey daddy, could you bring me some of those things momma uses once a month when you come and get me?

This is a lot different from 'fish-Friday.'

We aren't talking (postulating) some mere difference in opinion, we are posting regarding people being denied their own choice because someone else demands to be included. I believe the Catholics are wrong in this. If one of my children were enrolled in that school then it would be past tense.

Life is full of choices- the adopted children will pay the rest of their lives for the courts CHOICE in allowing them to be adopted by gay parents.

Happened in California (USA), right?

Public school is different and not part of this thread's subject.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Religion is going too far. It's not up to believers or the churches. People who follow this religious faith make me sick. I really believe these gays are much better people and have better hearts than any of you. Who really are the freaks? I've made up ,y mind on this already..easy. While I think two men together is pretty damn nasty....it's also none of my damn business and it's not yours either. With all the mess you church mongers are making out of this you're the ones I consider the freaks.

[edit on 3-1-2005 by I See You]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I'll bet if they banned the children of all parents who...
They'd be left with maybe a couple students to teach?

As if there would be two. As I said before, if they really want to play strict interpretation, may as well shut down the school.

May he who is without sin cast the first stone. Doubt that any of the protesting parents are sin free themselves.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Gazrok I see a little difference between some child being shown that eating beef on Friday really doesn't imperil you to some kid being shown something else.
The list you posted is not in the same league as aberrant life choices. More akin would be children from a known crack-dealer. What happens when your little boy wants to spend the night with Jim and Bob's adopted son because they are going to 'have fun together just like in gym class?'

The problem is, once you go down that road (excluding those not following the dogma), where does it end? Do you have ANY idea how many gays are in the child care field? Just because they are gay, doesn't mean they are going to "convert" children. It might raise children to be more tolerant, but I've known many people with gay parents who are not gay themselves and some who don't even tolerate the life style in others. I actually have a gay brother, and no, wouldn't hesitate to allow my child to stay over there.

I seriously doubt people "choose" a life a persecution...they either are or are not gay or bi. Myself, I don't even see how a guy could be attracted to another guy sexually...I just don't get it, but if that's their thing, hey...that's them, hehe...

The "minor" infractions I listed above, were grounds for excamunication not too long ago, hehe....

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Really whats the harm in having homosexuals? It's not like the human race couldn't use a bit of population control. Homosexuality is about as harmful as being Black, or Asian, or Mexican or purple for that matter.

Sometimes people need to look past their religion and be considerate. Why punish (I use that term lightly) children for the way their parents are. The parents shouldn't be prosecuted by society, why should their children?

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Really whats the harm in having homosexuals? It's not like the human race couldn't use a bit of population control. Homosexuality is about as harmful as being Black, or Asian, or Mexican or purple for that matter.

That's a good question. Come on you guys answer it. What is wrong with being gay? It hurts no one...and don't use the typical bible/god scape goat crap.....There are much worse people than being gay. Rapists, killers, pedophiles.....and NO gay is not a choice, how ignorant can you be! From the looks of it here...pretty damned ignorant...as I stated above...I bet some of you make your evil satan just smile a big one at how closed and hard you are!

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Now I don't think science is any better than religion when it comes to the concerns of humanity. All intelligent animals do (which we are) is find different ways to call something "their" territory; which is why neither science or religion give humanity a better perspective to "understand" why we say or feel the things we articulate our views. I ask those who believe these children should not be at a catholic school because of what is percieved to be gods standing on sexuality, (not mankinds---right?) if you could single those children out without knowing what you know now; and I don't mean your viewpoint on the subject in general. COULD YOU SINGLE THEM OUT WITHOUT KNOWING THEIR PARENTS ARE GAY; I doubt a loving god would tell you that's any more right than your assumption they could never fit in. I like the point that if noone knew these children had legal guardians who are gay you probably wouldn't hear much of this topic in the US right now barring the legal marriage issue. Most of what this is about is not those children anyway. The issue is nobody wants someone else telling them how to view the "beliefs" of their religion when they believe it says something as fact. I ask you who believe being gay or lesbian is so wrong it shouldn't be to ask the answers to your questions from god, not another human beings interpretation of what god said. I apologize for any agitation shown in this, but I despise opinion that denies the possibility that another opinion could not be just as right. (deny ignorance)

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Don't go sideways on this (thread).

The thread is NOT about the rightness or wrongness of being GAY, the thread is about parents that pay money with the expectation that their children will receive education along (certain*) guidelines.
*probably different per parent

Now these parents (non-gays) are dissatisfied with the school (happens to be a church school but doesn't matter). Many of the posters here make light of this and insult those parents. Why?

These people obviously feel strongly that their 'rights' are being abridged. It remains to be seen how many of these parents will 'roll over.' Too bad on stories like this follow up usually falls by the wayside.

Back to YOU posters throwing stones at these non-gay parents, why? They are non-gay and apparently for reasons of their own don't want their children in class with children from a gay-environment. YOU posters are so much like the things you claim to resent- you want to impose your own will upon people that clearly don't want to ascribe to your self defined and rather sanctimonious set of values.

To follow some of the logic pronounced here, such as that along the lines that being gay is a 'sickness' or someone is 'born that way' I can only say- so what? So is Mad Cow disease- don't eat beef!

If two guys are gay I don't care just so long as they treat themselves as EVERYONE else. Don't throw your life-choice in my face, don't use it as an excuse. When someone's crotch rules their life then they can take life's consequences. Same as druggies and their habits.(I know- drug addicts were made that way too)

Gaz, I also have a gay brother. I found out years (like ten) after the fact that he tried to molest my son. I had gone 'with the flow' of family pressure and let my son spend the night with 'uncle.' Thankfully, another relative happened on the scene and halted something. What would I have done had my brother succeeded? I am glad I didn't have to find out. I can state categorically that when I did find out our relationship died.

I also know gay people. I can't say I know anyone that claims to have been raised by gays that is NOT gay. When being gay becomes part of a relationship then the relationship has accepted someone's set of rules.

existence, I understand what you have posted (I think) and think it's on the mark. I have to add that asking God may not be what someone wants or needs to do. The gay issue is not just religion. Perhaps asking one's self is just as important.

In this thread it is what happens to the parents that were already using the school? What do they do now? If they feel strongly enough to move their children there will be a few more marks against gayness at some political poll. The gay parents have forced an issue- now it remains to be seen if the gay parents push was worthwhile or not.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Children cannot be punished for their parents wrongs doings or in this case sin (spiriatually speaking).

If we start punisheing Children for their parents wrongs ...what are we suppose to do to Chelsea Clinton for example ???

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
All you self righteous god pretenders, can consider this...
what do we do with all the gay animals?...
PLEASE TELL ME...

do we just kill em?
do we tell them it is a choice, so they made the wrong one...
would gay ducks taste better in soup?
do we try to send them to christian re-eductation systems?
do we argue that they can't exist, so therefore, they don't!
or do we let them do what god created them to do... hump each other...

ain't choice...
it's genetic and/or chemical... been proven... deny ignorance and prejudice everytime, and the world will work out fine...
www.abc.net.au...

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
All you self righteous god pretenders, can consider this...
what do we do with all the gay animals?...
PLEASE TELL ME...

there are no gay animals. The behaviour observed in some animals, that some "cientists" decided to describe as "gay animals" is nothing more than ritual of submission by the Alfa male in those groups, as well as younger animals playing around with eachother. When animals become mature they know where to find their mates and they find FEMALE mates.

But if one wishes to believe in gay animals ...go ahead... i guess i have a "pervert dog" because he humps his blanket ?? i may have to send him to a correctional institution.

Ill just seat here and wait for the private movie of the Great White Gay Shark.

Also ...i do not believe that ALL gays choose to be gay ... i believ many are born that way, and cant do much about it.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
There must be some die hard believers who have family members who are gay. What do you do then? Disown them? Light em on fire and send em to your hell? Get your heads out of your a**es and enter the real world and help make it a more enjoyable place to live. Quite frankly I'm getting sick of all this damn religous cry baby bickering when things don't go your way. You make things much worse than what they really are. You must realize many people in the world don't follow the nonsense that you do and you don't have the power to change that. Realize it. All of this nonsense makes me dislike religion and the followers even more. You're hurting yourselves and your precious religion.

[edit on 4-1-2005 by I See You]

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
ain't choice...
it's genetic and/or chemical... been proven... deny ignorance and prejudice everytime, and the world will work out fine...

Finally someone who understand the physiology behind homosexuality...yes.

Deny Ignorance people. It is inborn and it can't be changed and it is among every single culture, every single one of them.

Surf

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Heres a list of famous homosexuals;
www.gaybiz.com...

So I wouldn't say that gays are all bad. Anyhow are there any gays on ATS that could anwser if it's choice, biological, or if it varies between gays?

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Anyhow are there any gays on ATS that could anwser if it's choice, biological, or if it varies between gays?

Sorry but you are getting the point.

It isn't a choice. And that is the end of it.

Surf

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join