It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians: What's your opinion of Matthew 19:21 ('sell your possessions and give to the poor')?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Siddhartha Gautama - taught that everyone could become Buddah in one lifetime.

He also taught that everyone has already lived countless life times and existences.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

My daughter was not born perfect but she will become perfect in God's law in this lifetime.

"God's law" as defined by......what? The Bible? Christian dogma?

If you don't agree you might as well tell your child that they are not good enough and they will have to come back until they become good enough.

LOL!!! Okay.
Thanks for the advice.

I taught my kids that they are good enough; that they are fine the way they are, and simply have further learning to do. That I LOVE THEM. No strings, no pressure. Take their time. Learn at their own pace. I will ALWAYS love them.

Make up your mind. If your daughter doesn't become "perfect in God's law in this lifetime", what will happen to her?
Will she roast in hell forever? What if she "fails" to become perfect in terms of "God's law" as you see it?

What living HUMAN do you know who is perfect? Not a long-dead guy (whether or not he is called a "prophet", or a "messenger", an invention of "myth" and "legend" and ancient literature - NONE of those guys count) ...... a real, breathing, physically present, heart-beating HUMAN BEING?

WHO living on THIS EARTH right NOW is perfect?

Your daughter?

edit on 10/17/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
What was issued to all people Matthew 19 23Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

25 When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, “Who then can be saved?”

26 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

27 Peter answered him, “We have left everything to follow you! What then will there be for us?”

28 Jesus said to them, “Truly I tell you, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife[e] or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life. 30 But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first."

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Siddhartha Gautama - taught that everyone could become Buddah in one lifetime.

He also taught that everyone has already lived countless life times and existences.

Buddha never taught the popular understanding of reincarnation. He taught anatta. No self. Unity. A higher interdependence.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Prior to Jesus Crucifixion was the Gospel of the Kingdom Ministry and teaching for ISRAEL to live in the kingdom.

Not applicable to the current church age under the Gospel of the Grace of God.

During the tribulation or times of Jacobs trouble and into the 1,000 year reign of Christ from ISRAEL the Kingdom rules will apply along with the Gospel of the Kingdom.

COnclusion the Practice of giving all away is not applicable in this age.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blissful
What was issued to all people Matthew 19 23Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

25 When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, “Who then can be saved?”

26 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

27 Peter answered him, “We have left everything to follow you! What then will there be for us?”

28 Jesus said to them, “Truly I tell you, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife[e] or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life. 30 But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first."

A camel can make it to the kingdom of heaven because it isn't that hard to abduct a camel.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

a reply to: infolurker

lol this stuff right here. Christians talking about accusers. Society has evolved within the last decade into a * Political Correct* cellphone internet media vortex of information. All we see is people accusing other people on the daily. People are quick to judge others but fail to look deep within themselves. Who here has given to the needy? Who generates charity enough that they have given more than they have acquired? To family and friends generates minor karma but nothing significant. People are destroying this beautiful garden. People exploiting one another every single day. Regardless of how good people think they are. Very few are * Perfect*. Society thinks it can run amok doing what they will upon this puny planet with no consequences? Climate change is only a side effect of human action. Humans exist for a purpose. If global civilization endangers divine purpose through independent action. One day everything will change, and when the aliens come everything current man strives for will be all for not.

Humanity will know it's purpose. If humanity can't clean up its mess like adults. It shall be treated like children, and children are indoctrinated into training. I have been saying this for a while. But in our lifetime we will all be there for when this event occurs. Governments can develop their artificial intelligence defense networks, their drones. New weapons but non of it can compete with the the holy ghosts that are guarding our planet for a purpose. And when it happens society will reset. Just like it has many times before. This has been a process that has occurred for millions of years.
how do you think ancient societies keep getting annihilated? We advance in technology. Wouldn't it be likely we would of developed orbital stations around earth to survive natural global cataclysms if Aliens were not involved and humanity evolved by itself? If this happened where is the technology now? i know that they are here and have been here since our creation. The bible is just an adaptation of Sumerian and Egyptian mythology reinterpreted. These concepts of purification and destruction are as old as the human race on earth which is millions of years old.

There is no such thing as magic, only science. And sometimes people see as magic is simply science. Science is the understanding of the universe. And is just as complicated as understanding what it means to be a human and to have our purpose through existence. Humans have existed for millions and millions of years. If it is natural for humanity to generate as much evil as it does good, Then why is the evil devouring this world to appear as blocked grey citadels of concrete?

So if anyone questions such blaspheme they are in league with Satan?
Everyone serves god. Even the people that day meet their maker. It is scientifically possible through atomic engineering and information assembly. Humans have no idea what a species older than conceivable time id capable of. How do you not know if Earth is just one big colony but to amuse themselves well reproducing they colonize planets and then *Purge* them to create stronger, obedient soldiers?
If you were to exist beyond conceivable existence. So long, that galaxies your species have visited have expired. How would they maintain a purity of the species? we are all clones of a greater design. Our entire existence is based off of reproduction as all life is. We reproduce and create genetic copies of both parent pairs. Overtime, genetics change. What is to prevent such change for humans? Evolution is a process of adaptation, when environments change it does not garentee a more complex organism. A tree grown in poor conditions will yield and inferior tree, opposed to a tree grown in ideal conditions. What is holding humanity together in the peak and prime for such a long time? When dinosaurs have been reduced to birds? Humans are most certainly genetic pairs of multipul animals and forms of life collectively. Many attributes borrowed from sapians( monkey/apes/chimps ect) but we are also quite indifferent to them.

We all see what greed can do to generate the poor in the first place. We all see what happens when people hoard assets and enslave people in debt. What we live in right now is not sustainable. Even if we create renewable energy it is still not sustainable. Because we will still trample the forests. We will still generate pollution, humanties obvious answer would be to seek another planet. But again, history repeats itself. What happened in the passed will occure again. Everything said and done won't matter. Kingdoms will be reduced to sand. The ancient ruins we see now were the remains of a prior society just like our own. Global and advancing in science.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   
It's amusing to see all the rationalization in this thread of why no one is willing to give up everything they own. I've wondered this for years.

That being said, there ARE those who do this.

Link1

Link 2

Link 3

And I've seen plenty of videos depicting people of stark poverty that spend their lives doing for others. None of them seem unhappy.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
am i the only person who frowns on the idea of taking money (actual money and not merely compensation in the form of necessities) in exchange for ministerial services?

jesus never took money in exchange for teaching, did he?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

No, there are many of us, but more would be better.

Matthew 10:8 Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.

2 Corinthians 2:17 You see, we are not like the many hucksters who preach for personal profit. We preach the word of God with sincerity and with Christ's authority, knowing that God is watching us.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

jesus never took money in exchange for teaching, did he?

OF course he didn't... Just more of the hypocrisy of the church... and pastors make a damn good living

Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join