It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Right To Bear Arms Is A Volatile Issue We Face Daily...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

One day th esuprem court will be stacked again with constitutional believers and change the ruling on the second.
Because permitting is abridging your right to own a gun. the second dont say anything about government permission to carry a gun does it? Once again SC rulling from the bench.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Could be fun if small tactical thermonuclear weapons carriable by a person would be considered arms....the 4th of july the next year would probably make most of the southern USA a wasteland with rednecks going into wallymart...beer...a few shotguns....1 megaton nuke...and the famous phrase of "hold my beer while i show you......"

But it would be fun if everything was made available to the public, could have trump with his own carrier fleet sailing around new york flying f-35's everywhere

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Never in the history of the US has it been more important that US citizens are armed - because the intention of the 2nd was to reign-in rogue government, and the current US government (over the last 60 years) is more rogue than ever.

But that's not really happening is it. Every time someone makes a good point about American gun laws, someone else comes along and militaristically explains why the citizens need their guns to fight said tyranny. And yet the tyranny continues, unabated and unchallenged by the very same people who want the guns for that reason.

It's starting to look like circular logic to me - and we know how dangerous that can be.

edit on 17/10/2015 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

I know you may find this hard to believe, but the main reason a child "finds" a gun and kills a nother with it is because their parents "hid' the gun to begin with.
The Second Amendment was written during a time when a gun was necessary for food as well as defense. People were very accustom to seeing and using them. Parents taught their kids how to use them and they naturally learned the dangers involved when a gun is misused.
Gun safety goes right along with gun ownership and always has. I know this was not mentioned anywhere in the Constitution, but some people actually take "common sense" for granite.
Its just too bad the further we get away from the foundations of this country, the fewer and fewer people we seem to have who posses any "common sense".

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

You get gun powder and gas and stuff ,then you go to where you won't light anything or people on fire and you make stuff that goes boom.
Like a fire work.
I DID it all
the time with friends. we took FIRE extingushers too.
edit on 17-10-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

NOPE we don't LIKE crazy people in service ,they don't follow orders too well.
YOU blow up what THEY TELL you to blow up. It isn't an ego driven TOY thanks for the denegration

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You couldn't afford the INSURANCE...

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: radarloveguy

Or PRICE the poor out of ownership as a control measure to disarm.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria
a reply to: yuppa

Could be fun if small tactical thermonuclear weapons carriable by a person would be considered arms....the 4th of july the next year would probably make most of the southern USA a wasteland with rednecks going into wallymart...beer...a few shotguns....1 megaton nuke...and the famous phrase of "hold my beer while i show you......"

But it would be fun if everything was made available to the public, could have trump with his own carrier fleet sailing around new york flying f-35's everywhere

You do realize that private companies can buy military surprlus weapons and vehicles right? The only thing stopping them is PRICE. ANd way to insult anyone from the south. Not everyones a complete idiot and willing to die to show off.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

That's All Very Interesting but,............. If Our Elected Government Has Guns , then the People Under the Constitution should Also Have Guns , If Not , then America Would Not be a Free Nation Right Now .

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
a reply to: skunkape23
I don't understand the motivation; to what purpose? Building a better piñata, one strike kills all of the party goers (SURPRISE)!

edit on 17-10-2015 by vethumanbeing because: they will not be sold at Walmart

My motivation was to make something cool that went "Boom!" real loud and launched a head of cabbage.

Pongo't entender su pregunta entender de la metanza de la gente en un fiesta con un pinata?

I own a potato cannon; does that count? extra DIV

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
originally posted by: mikegrouchy

mikegrouchy: Can someone explain why gangs are allowed to roam free and not be charged as domestic terrorist.

Its not a federal crime to kill those living in another neighborhood/with a differing gang esthetic; unless a RICO violation is involved. That is murder and the states problem to try/prosecute/incarcerate.

edit on 17-10-2015 by vethumanbeing because: Individuals within gangs have rights; unless convicted of a state felony charge (then lose them).
edit on 17-10-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I have to dissagree guns are great
!st of all about the kids getting there hands on them the answer is
Do Not Store Loaded Weapons and any gun person will tell you the same.

And education teach the kid how to load and shoot the weapon then its not so mysteriuos
and when you tell a kid not to touch something we all know thats the first thing they want to do.
And also put into the kids mind in the gun training that you treat all guns like they are loaded
even if you think its not and never ever point them at anyone.

I think if we did those things it would be better not perfect but better.

Im glad i live in Ohio my state is an open carry state you can carry guns right out in the open.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: radarloveguy

Or PRICE the poor out of ownership as a control measure to disarm.

Price of hay is meted out by the demand (its a market thing).

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Which ALSO explains WHY it won't happen, as it CLEARLY infringes on the rtght to HAVE them, now, doesn't it?

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
originally posted by: mikegrouchy

mikegrouchy: Can someone explain why gangs are allowed to roam free and not be charged as domestic terrorist.

Its not a federal crime to kill those living in another neighborhood/with a differing gang esthetic; unless a RICO violation is involved. That is murder and the states problem to try/prosecute/incarcerate.

edit on 17-10-2015 by vethumanbeing because: Individuals within gangs have rights; unless convicted of a state felony charge (then lose them).

Actually under the NDAA the cryps and bloods could b e labeled terrorist and become fair game for extermination legally.

edit on 15000000ppam by yuppa because: oopsie
extra DIV

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

The US government has never been more rogue and more out of control than it is today.

They are the bully of the planets playground, murdering innocents for the control of sovereign nations' oil & gas reserves or any nation that rejects the petro-dollar.

The US government and her military is the strong-arm of the global elite bloodlines whose primary goal is a New World Order, one world government, law enforcement agency and religion.

The US citizens have suffered the advent of the CIA, NSA, DoD, FBI, DHS et al which have focused their attention on the domestic arena with the sole intention of disarming law-abiding US citizens. via false flag events and propaganda. This is a global policy as set out by the United Nations (the establishment of the NWO) and until the US citizenry is disarmed, full totalitarian control of the planets citizens cannot occur.

Never in the history of the US has it been more important that US citizens are armed - because the intention of the 2nd was to reign-in rogue government, and the current US government (over the last 60 years) is more rogue than ever.

A nuclear weapon is the best and most effective way to reign in rogue government. Should the 2nd allow for private ownership of nuclear weapons?

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: WP4YT

You joke, and yes it sounds unrealistic. But this is what the founders intended.

The second amendment was about being able to overthrow an oppressive government.

If tomorrow, the government told you you couldn't leave your home any more, took your car, and put your children into slavery, would you fight back? If so, so you think your shotgun would be any match for an air to surface missile aimed at your house?

How about avoiding that situation in the first place, by electing people who want to make government work well, rather than the people who want to make it as dysfunctional and tyranical as possible in order to justify dismantling it?

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

please excuse me for saying, but ever since your galactic federation channeling thread in which you put down other members and you were receiving messages from space aliens that we all suck and need to change, i cannot take you seriously, and why should i take this thread seriously in regards to our 2nd amendment?

Everyone is capable of speaking nonsense.

Some people sleep with a piece under their pillow for protection-makes sense. But then you have people hoarding arsenals that would make a third world rebel uprising green with envy. Why do some hoard guns? because of the fear of their government turning on them, and as we all know the government has vastly superior firepower, manpower, and technology at their disposal.

If push comes to shove, who would prevail? The folk with a few assault rifles, or the folk with drones equipped with fly by wire ASMs?

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I don't get it...

So the states and government should have the most cutting edge weapons, and the citizens should only be allowed muskets?.

I suppose that would be A-OK with those who would have others be unable to defend themselves.

Guns don't kill people. People with guns and knives and wrenches and rocks and clubs and cars their teeth and fists and feet and poison substances slipped into food and people who force other people's heads under water kill people.

Maybe the problem isn't the tools at all, maybe it's the tools users.

All this bibbledy babble about guns, and people die so many other ways every day.

I almost think the insurance companies are at least partly behind this whole gun grabbing attitude around here, they take away more and more every year for our protection supposedly, when in reality they are only trying to avoid paying out claims to protect their bottom line.

Bibbledy Babble....Thin skinned middle schoolers....
edit on 18-10-2015 by MyHappyDogShiner because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join