It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Right To Bear Arms Is A Volatile Issue We Face Daily...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:51 AM
a reply to: Irishhaf

Do you have a problem with hunters, my family and my wife's has always used hunting to supplement our meats. Many families across the country do it as well...

Nope. I've done my share of hunting. I have a problem with people that say things like this:

second, i will hand my guns over the very moment all military and law enforcement turn in theirs...

Because it's clearly bullcrap.

edit on 10/17/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:56 AM
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

In a perfect world , no-one needs guns .

OK now that's out the way , the reality is
the second amendment was originally intended to
empower citizens to defend themselves against ;
1. The British
2. American Indians
3. Criminals
4. Hostile federal armies.
5. Wild animals
In 2008 , it came under review

the United States Supreme Court never made a
ruling on the question of whether the right to bear
arms was an individual right or a state right solely
for creating a militia, in the first 217 years of its
existence. But finally, on June 26, 2008, in a case
called District of Columbia v. Heller, the Supreme
Court conclusively ruled that the "right to bear arms"
is an individual right.

This was a narrow 5-4 decision that said total gun bans
by local governments were unconstitutional, but it did
allow for some regulation of guns. Usually, for example,
prior criminals and mentally ill people are prohibited
from owning guns because they might harm someone
with them. Many places also require registration of guns.
In general, individuals are allowed to have guns in their
homes, but cannot just carry them down the street or
into public places without concealed carry permits.
The Court allowed for these types of regulations.

So it has been updated ,
the priority now is to insure guns
and compensate the damage they can cause !

edit on 17-10-2015 by radarloveguy because: xxx

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:59 AM
a reply to: pheonix358

Like where the entire US Military are sworn to protect the Constitution and the fact that they will not therefore, threaten We The People.

Interesting, yes?
Is the cognitive dissonance not apparent? The very document which grants the "right to bear arms" also prohibits the government from exercising its arms against those same citizens.

It says we can do this. And it also says that it can't do that.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:05 AM

originally posted by: Phage
Sorry, no. That is an opinion, and not even your own. All you provided was plagiarized propaganda.

That is ALSO an opinion.

And concerning the comment about propaganda...

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:14 AM

Of course everyone has the right to beararms! They look so cool, with the fur and claws

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:17 AM
a reply to: Phage

your right i dont own guns because the military and law enforcement own them, i wont give mine up because the miltary and law enforcement own them. After all military and law enforcement are made up of humans. and as we all know humans have a dark side no matter what organization they signed up for.

I own guns because my grandpa gave me my first one when i was 9 and then passed on his collection to me when he died. ive hunted since i was a kid and target shoot with my friends for fun. I also enjoy the craftsmanship of new models and the history behind old models. I recently came across a still working handgun from the world war one era, its an antique. i collect antiques of all types my favorite being blades, but also books and silverware, comic books, and playing cards. or just anything that sparks my interest when perusing local yard sales, old ladies sell the coolest things for a nickle.

Anyway a gun at its best is a tool, a commodity, a relic that reflects our societies history, a hobby, a peasants pitch fork when then king uses his people like cattle yet values his people as if they were rats, a craftsman's pride, the last chance at life when death stares one or loved ones in eye, a chance to pass on knowledge, skill, and experience to the next generation, or a day off hanging with your pal.

At its worse a gun is a criminals meal ticket, a dictators decree of genocide, a broken minds last stand, a sad minds last experience, a governments oppressive will, a bringer of death and destruction, and a fools worst regret.

I guess the reason I own guns is the versatility and the unpredictable nature of society and nature itself.

Also phage did you get so bored debunking ufo/alien threads that you now got on the gun debate merry go-round to have the same endless arguments over and over and over? Either your IQ is dropping and you are entertained easier or have an adgenda, which is it?

edit on 17-10-2015 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-10-2015 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:20 AM
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

I guess the reason I own guns is the versatility and the unpredictable nature of society and nature itself.

So this was, indeed, bullcrap.

second, i will hand my guns over the very moment all military and law enforcement turn in theirs...
Got it. Thank you for the clarification.

Either your IQ is dropping and you are entertained easier or have an adgenda, which is it?
Maybe you could start a thread about me, then we could discuss it.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:40 AM

by they way phage i am not one to bs about wanting to rid the human race of guns missiles and bombs, i would love to see how well the modern patriot warrior would handle having slash, hack and stab there way to victory, pulling a triger and pressing a button attached to a joystick takes steady nerves and the will to do so, wielding melee weapons and bows in open field combat takes much more and one must smell there opponents blood(i know a little sensational, but u get the point) and watch the life drain from there eyes, i think there would be a lot less war if this were the case.

And since you dont know me, i will give u a little insight, guns are cool, but blades and bows are my passion, i would give up my guns if everyone else did, till that day

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:54 AM

also phage when you read my initial response to you i know you did see in the first line I agreed with you and said you were right, yet you then paraphrased my response to point out that you were right, its kind of redundant are you that hard up for stars, if so i will give you some.

and yes we get it guns are bad, but there not going anywhere. This is the part were you tell us why they should and how Americans with guns have some sort of inferior mind state.

and round n round we go

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:26 AM
I'm not even sure what to say about that video (the one with the musket), it's pointless. Bottom line is we have a right to own guns just as we have the right to spew verbal hate at other people within reason (I suppose). This is one of our rights and it's not going anywhere. Mass shooting happen and it sucks when they do, but more people get killed in one weekend in the inner city than any mass shooting I can recall.guess what, the majority of those are committed by criminals that, more likely than not, aren't using a legally obtained weapon. It is our right to own weapons so we will continue to do so.

We don't need to justify it either, it's a constitutional right.

Stop trying to demonize the gun, it's a freakin tool, several pieces of metal combined to make a tool. Yes it is a tool designed to kill, in reality that is it's sole purpose.

Does negligence (there are no accidents with guns) happen? Absolutely. Negligent incidents will always happen when people are involved. Do people own guns who shouldn't? Of course! I firmly believe you should have to either take a 40 hour course or demonstrate your understanding of weapons before you are allowed to own one. No one talks about that, the only discussion I ever see is the, "we don't need guns, the 2nd amendment wasn't created for these times, do you think your guns could stop the governments tanks?!?!".

I probably shoulda made my own rant but threads/discussions like these irritate me.

Also! - Americas lax gun laws - HAHA. I have to submit a fingerprint and go through a background check to purchase a hand gun in Oregon (the most used gun in a crime). What lax gun laws? How many freakin gun laws do we have? How many individuals were found lying on a federal form that weren't prosecuted? We do not have lax gun laws, we may have a few holes to shore up but we are far from lax.

edit on 1710102015 by Variable2027 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1710102015 by Variable2027 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 04:00 AM
In the realm of Volatile Issue We Face Daily,

Can someone explain why gangs are allowed to roam free and not be charged as domestic terrorist.

You'll have to ask Eric Holder and the previous DOJ folks. Maybe because they're too busy trying to prosecute all the non-existent domestic terrorists. Maybe they have a quota or something that doesn't include the type of folks that make up most of the gangs.

NSFW: Language

Because if they got rid of the gangs,
the cops would lose one of their primary justifications for militarization.

They needed all those automatic weapons to fight the gangs,

That's how they sold it to us,

In my humble opinion,
the cops are doing more damage to our communities than the gangs are.

Mike Grouchy
edit on 17-10-2015 by mikegrouchy because: format

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 04:57 AM

If I just had to use a one shot musket I would just multiply the number of muskets to have many ready to shoot so I could hit many targets. Dropping a musket and picking up another would be slower than pulling the trigger until magazine is empty but if you had nefarious intent why would you bring only one musket.

I imagine you could mount several rows on the back of a cart and set off multiple shots at once.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 05:25 AM

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

The US government has never been more rogue and more out of control than it is today.

They are the bully of the planets playground, murdering innocents for the control of sovereign nations' oil & gas reserves or any nation that rejects the petro-dollar.

The US government and her military is the strong-arm of the global elite bloodlines whose primary goal is a New World Order, one world government, law enforcement agency and religion.

The US citizens have suffered the advent of the CIA, NSA, DoD, FBI, DHS et al which have focused their attention on the domestic arena with the sole intention of disarming law-abiding US citizens. via false flag events and propaganda. This is a global policy as set out by the United Nations (the establishment of the NWO) and until the US citizenry is disarmed, full totalitarian control of the planets citizens cannot occur.

Never in the history of the US has it been more important that US citizens are armed - because the intention of the 2nd was to reign-in rogue government, and the current US government (over the last 60 years) is more rogue than ever.

Hear hear!!! Very well said.
edit on 17-10-2015 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:22 AM

Just curious to know how keeping a gun for safety is justified when a child can get their hands on it. How can a gun in your possession, but locked up for safety come in use when it is needed? Most people are not not even capable of pulling the trigger if they have to, the criminals can, but the average citizen that decides to own a gun...they are not equipped mentally to pull that trigger.

It's called being a responsible gun owner. Trigger locks, gun safes, cable locks, all designed to make a gum impossible to fire. Biometric locks can be opened in a couple seconds with a fingerprint. What makes you think the average person can't pull the trigger when needed? It happens every day. If I were not "mentally equipped" I would not own a gun. I'd save money and go buy a baseball bat. 'Course, there's that old saying about bringing a knife to a gun fight.
edit on 17-10-2015 by DAVID64 because: typo

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:54 AM
a reply to: WP4YT

The air to surface missile aimed at your house argument is silly. You honestly think the government is going to blow up entire neighborhoods or cities to combat armed citizens?

The death toll of innocent people would have the most anti firearm folks ready to battle.

Thinking that tanks, missiles, fighter jets or nukes renders our firearms useless, is quite ignorant. I'm not saying that in a mean way BTW, I simply means uninformed.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:18 AM
Every freedom in the Bill of Rights has logical limitations in regard to this general truth:

A Constitutional freedom does not bestow the right to harm others.

Religious freedom doesn't allow for human torture or sacrifice.

Free speech doesn't allow for incitement to riot or lying public defamation.

A free press doesn't allow for lies to be published, etc.

Justice Antonin Scalia, in District of Columbia v. Heller

Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited. From Blackstone through the 19th-century cases, commentators and courts routinely explained that the right was not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose. See, e.g., Sheldon, in 5 Blume 346; Rawle 123; Pomeroy 152–153; Abbott333. For example, the majority of the 19th-century courts to consider the question held that prohibitions on carrying concealed weapons were lawful under the Second Amendment or state analogues. See, e.g., State v. Chandler, 5 La. Ann., at 489–490; Nunn v. State, 1 Ga., at 251; see generally 2 Kent *340, n. 2; The American Students’ Blackstone 84, n. 11 (G. Chase ed. 1884). Although we do not undertake an exhaustive historical analysis today of the full scope of the Second Amendment , nothing in our opinion should be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.

Emphasis mine.
edit on 8Sat, 17 Oct 2015 08:18:34 -050015p0820151066 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:40 AM

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
The right to bear arms i!!.

Did the Aliens make you say that?

Simple response: if you don't like guns..Don't own one...Please.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:50 AM

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

well said bravo, there is no point having these threads or debates just like abortion, the fact is its legal and going to remain that way, and we just keep going in circles, and members get banned or worse because this a hot button issue that is silly to argue. We can own weapons people! and we will that's it.

Worse than get banned?

Does SO send hit men round?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:54 AM

originally posted by: crazyewok

Does SO send hit men round?

Yeah, BFFT shows up with a baseball bat and Louisville Sluggers your head in.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 09:32 AM

" I would like to see more restraint involved and the use of less lethal means to subdue criminals."

So would I if I were a criminal. You live a rich and full fantasy life and you obviously have never been the victim of violent crime. I have! I've stared down the barrel of a loaded 12 gauge wielded by a half-crazed criminal screaming demands.

You face that off by doing nothing.

I'll "cut that off" with well placed double taps from a .357.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>