It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Ready To Use Military Force If US Violates Its Territorial Waters

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I cant stand all these people claiming the U.S. is broke yada yada yada. Have you all not seen those huge Chicago size cities all over China that are completely vacant? The U.S. has an endless supply of oil that Saltwater is pumped into the ground just to hold it down just waiting to be used. There is enough oil in Prudhoe Bay Alaska to supply us for a long time. That is money, money the Fed controls and loans us money on at all times. China has to seek Oil all over the world while we sit on ours smiling so we will have the last laugh. Its the small oil companies that are fracking to find oil all over the U.S. mainland while the big companies use their wealth to drill mega wells and cap them off for a later date.

The U.S. will never be broke. Well not in our kids lifetime anyway.

Clinton set them straight over Taiwan decades ago so I do not see how we have been doing nothing about them as they have only been getting testy over the South China Sea in the last five years at the most. China is off its rocker trying to make islands a thousand miles away out of protected reefs belonging to other nations. They can try to do something to the U.S. Navy if they want the biggest pimp slap in world history but that will be there undoing. You know when Russian Generals comes out publicly and warns China not to mess with the U.S., as we would destroy them in one hours time, they know just what we are capable of and that China was probably talking crap to Russia that they were going to attempt something really dumb.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge
I cant stand all these people claiming the U.S. is broke yada yada yada. Have you all not seen those huge Chicago size cities all over China that are completely vacant? The U.S. has an endless supply of oil that Saltwater is pumped into the ground just to hold it down just waiting to be used. There is enough oil in Prudhoe Bay Alaska to supply us for a long time. That is money, money the Fed controls and loans us money on at all times. China has to seek Oil all over the world while we sit on ours smiling so we will have the last laugh. Its the small oil companies that are fracking to find oil all over the U.S. mainland while the big companies use their wealth to drill mega wells and cap them off for a later date.

The U.S. will never be broke. Well not in our kids lifetime anyway.

Clinton set them straight over Taiwan decades ago so I do not see how we have been doing nothing about them as they have only been getting testy over the South China Sea in the last five years at the most. China is off its rocker trying to make islands a thousand miles away out of protected reefs belonging to other nations. They can try to do something to the U.S. Navy if they want the biggest pimp slap in world history but that will be there undoing. You know when Russian Generals comes out publicly and warns China not to mess with the U.S., as we would destroy them in one hours time, they know just what we are capable of and that China was probably talking crap to Russia that they were going to attempt something really dumb.

The U.S. has total debt levels of something like $60 trillion, and that doesn't include over $200 trillion in unfunded liabilities. It will take many generations to pay off that debt, and that is unlikely as the U.S. economy can only grow by taking on more debt just to pay for part of the interest of previous ones and to spend more (much of the economy is based on consumer spending, with most working in the service industries).

Most of the oil available involve high energy costs, which means the returns for them will be very low and capital expenditures high. That's why the oil industry now has to make debt repayments of more than half-a-trillion dollars during the next few years, and low oil prices won't help. High prices will lead to more economic crisis, though, which means the global economy is screwed either way.

Finally, the U.S. could only help Taiwan through arm sales. It can do very little for the rest of the region as it is spending significant amounts trying to maintain control in the Middle East. Meanwhile, China is coming in with the trade deals.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: monkeyluv

originally posted by: Isurrender73

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: Isurrender73

So maybe China should start paying off smaller nations and building airstrips and leave international water alone?

This is option that China should be open too, if they can cine to financial and military agreements.

Honestly I don't know what the solution is. But the absolute last, and impossible to consider solution at this point is war.

War cannot be an option anymore.

The US has bases. China does not want bases. They want to own the land. The equivalent to the US would be if we went to the Philippines and took some of their islands and claimed it was US territory.

There is no comparison.

Interestingly enough, that actually happened.

No it didn't. What islands did the US steal from the PI?

You must be kidding:

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Ah no, you must be. The PI was an American territory. You claimed the US stole an island from the PI. It did not happen. talking about a period over 100 years ago, when many Filipinos wanted to stay part of the USA, and many today wish they still were, has nothing to do with building an island to steal land. Which part of that Philippine land did the USA steal and is part of America?

If that is the best you got then I accept your surrender.

You're proving my argument and countering your own. What part of "American territory" did you not understand?

Also, where did you get the idea that "PI was an American territory" from the start and that "many Filipinos wanted to stay part of the USA"?

Accept my surrender? Yeah, right. Keep posting, and we'll see how many more absurd points you make.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

You're proving my argument and countering your own. What part of "American territory" did you not understand?

Also, where did you get the idea that "PI was an American territory" from the start and that "many Filipinos wanted to stay part of the USA"?

Accept my surrender? Yeah, right. Keep posting, and we'll see how many more absurd points you make.

No, I destroyed your argument.
What the US did .. "This land is still the Philippines, but is a US colony".
What China did ... "This land is no longer part of the Philippines, it is now the sole property of China".
Care to explain how you think those are similar?

You clearly have little knowledge of PI history. You made a statement that the US stole land from the PI. It never happened. Every inch of the PI was recognized as belonging to the PI at all times. At no time did the US ever say this part of land is no longer part of the Philippines. That is what you said happened.

Philippines became a united country under Spanish rule. During the Spanish American war it was transferred to the US and was a US colony. Some Filipino wanted independence still and kept fighting, some wanted to become a permanent part of America. If you think none of them wanted to remain part of America you may want to look up Pedro Paterno. The US gave more and more autonomy to the Philippines until it was fully independent.

Can you explain what that has to do with China building an island in an area that is fully part the Philippines and declaring that island is now Chinese and forever more will never belong to the Philippines?

Why would I surrender when you are completely clueless? The only reason would be to save you from embarrassment.
edit on 26-11-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   

No, I destroyed your argument.
What the US did .. "This land is still the Philippines, but is a US colony".
What China did ... "This land is no longer part of the Philippines, it is now the sole property of China".
Care to explain how you think those are similar?

When a region is colonized, its people have no independent representation. That means they have no citizenship, and thus no country to call their own.

You clearly have little knowledge of PI history. You made a statement that the US stole land from the PI. It never happened. Every inch of the PI was recognized as belonging to the PI at all times. At no time did the US ever say this part of land is no longer part of the Philippines. That is what you said happened.

Spain gave up the Philippine colony to the U.S. for $20 million. The U.S. did not grant independence to the Philippines until three decades later.

Philippines became a united country under Spanish rule. During the Spanish American war it was transferred to the US and was a US colony. Some Filipino wanted independence still and kept fighting, some wanted to become a permanent part of America. If you think none of them wanted to remain part of America you may want to look up Pedro Paterno. The US gave more and more autonomy to the Philippines until it was fully independent.

You do realize that you are not countering my argument in any way? The fact that you refer to it as a "U.S. colony" proves my argument, not to mention the fact that the U.S. had to give "more and more autonomy to the Philippines," negates your argument completely and proves mine.

Can you explain what that has to do with China building an island in an area that is fully part the Philippines and declaring that island is now Chinese and forever more will never belong to the Philippines?

See above. The Philippines was colonized by the U.S.

Why would I surrender when you are completely clueless? The only reason would be to save you from embarrassment.

Because you are contradicting your own arguments. See above.

edit on 27-11-2015 by monkeyluv because: quote

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

When a region is colonized, its people have no independent representation. That means they have no citizenship, and thus no country to call their own.

They were able to vote for certain positions.

Spain gave up the Philippine colony to the U.S. for $20 million. The U.S. did not grant independence to the Philippines until three decades later.

So in your comparison, China plans on giving up their island in three decades because they recognize the land belongs to the Philippines? Or do you admit you misspoke.

You do realize that you are not countering my argument in any way? The fact that you refer to it as a "U.S. colony" proves my argument, not to mention the fact that the U.S. had to give "more and more autonomy to the Philippines," negates your argument completely and proves mine.

Seriously, do you even think? The US initially gave some autonomy to the PI, and gradually gave it more over time. Are you saying the Chinese are giving the PI some autonomy over the land they stole and plan to give more over time? I love how you then .... (continued below)

See above. The Philippines was colonized by the U.S.

.... completely ignore my question because you have no answer. There are NO similarities. How about you answer the question now.
edit on 27-11-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

They were able to vote for certain positions.

Part of all colonies, where colonizers want to minimize administrative tasks. Still doesn't show that they were independent.

So in your comparison, China plans on giving up their island in three decades because they recognize the land belongs to the Philippines? Or do you admit you misspoke.

The only comparison is that the U.S. took the Philippines by force. Beyond that, you might want to look at the fact that China is a major trading partner of both the U.S. and the Philippines, which might be part of the reason why the U.S. did nothing for almost two decades as China began to occupy parts of the sea, not to mention the mutual defense treaty between the U.S. and the Philippines.

Seriously, do you even think? The US initially gave some autonomy to the PI, and gradually gave it more over time. Are you saying the Chinese are giving the PI some autonomy over the land they stole and plan to give more over time? I love how you then .... (continued below)

The fact that the U.S. gave "some autonomy" to the Philippines proves my argument and counters yours again. You keep insisting that the Philippines was independent and that most wanted the U.S. to occupy the region. It's bad enough that your two points contradict each other, both are negated by historical fact:

en.wikipilipinas.org...

.... completely ignore my question because you have no answer. There are NO similarities. How about you answer the question now.

You insist that there are no similarities because you argue that Filipinos wanted the U.S. to occupy the Philippines (wrong), that the U.S. did not steal territory from the Filipinos (wrong), and that the Filipinos were independent before and after the Philippines became a U.S. colony (not only wrong but even self-contradictory, i.e., they are independent and a U.S. colony at the same time?).

The problem is that you kept confusing independence with "some autonomy." The reality is that Filipinos declared independence before the U.S. took over but was granted independence only after WW2.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   

The only comparison is that the U.S. took the Philippines by force.

Then why did you make the erroneous claim that the US did exactly what China did? I am glad you admit you were completely wrong, and while the US had it's own mistakes involving the PI, they did not at all do what China is doing, and they did not take the PI by force either. It was Spain's, ceded to the US. So while correct, the force was against the Spanish, not the PI, the PI actually welcomed the US forces hoping for complete independence immediately. Many Filipino who fought the Spanish welcomed the US and wanted to be a part of the US.

Big man to admit he was wrong after all that blustering you did. Although I am sure you will reneg on your admission. So here is my question, again, you refuse to answer. Show me on a current map what land the USA controls that was stolen from the PI.
edit on 29-11-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

The only comparison is that the U.S. took the Philippines by force.

Then why did you make the erroneous claim that the US did exactly what China did? I am glad you admit you were completely wrong, and while the US had it's own mistakes involving the PI, they did not at all do what China is doing, and they did not take the PI by force either. It was Spain's, ceded to the US. So while correct, the force was against the Spanish, not the PI, the PI actually welcomed the US forces hoping for complete independence immediately. Many Filipino who fought the Spanish welcomed the US and wanted to be a part of the US.

Big man to admit he was wrong after all that blustering you did. Although I am sure you will reneg on your admission. So here is my question, again, you refuse to answer. Show me on a current map what land the USA controls that was stolen from the PI.

The Philippines waged a vicious war against the U.S.:

en.wikipedia.org...

The Filipinos accepted U.S. support because the latter assured them that they would be freed from Spain. What they didn't know was that the U.S. had already engaged in a secret deal with Spain and purchased the region for $20 million:

en.wikipedia.org...

And that was land that Spain did not own in the first place, and that U.S. soon occupied through the enforcement of laws that made any call for independence or separation from the U.S. illegal:

en.wikipilipinas.org...

Thus, the Filipinos supported the U.S. not because they wanted to be part of the latter but because they were assured independence, something that they declared during their fight against Spain and before the U.S. intervened, and something that did not happen because the U.S. purchased the region from Spain.

edit on 30-11-2015 by monkeyluv because: quote

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

The Philippines waged a vicious war against the U.S.:

en.wikipedia.org...

The Filipinos accepted U.S. support because the latter assured them that they would be freed from Spain. What they didn't know was that the U.S. had already engaged in a secret deal with Spain and purchased the region for $20 million:

en.wikipedia.org...

Complete lie. Treaty of Paris was in Dec. 1898. Philippines started fighting with the US in May. You are saying that the Spanish already had a secret agreement to lose to the US and give up most of their territory? So the US was fighting Spain and Spain was sending it's soldiers to die for over 6 months in a war they already secretly agreed to lose?

Is it possible for you to stick to the truth?

And that was land that Spain did not own in the first place, and that U.S. soon occupied through the enforcement of laws that made any call for independence or separation from the U.S. illegal:

en.wikipilipinas.org...

Did not own under whose definition? Are you saying you personally think Spain had no claim?

Thus, the Filipinos supported the U.S. not because they wanted to be part of the latter but because they were assured independence, something that they declared during their fight against Spain and before the U.S. intervened, and something that did not happen because the U.S. purchased the region from Spain.

More lies. Source the US giving them assurances of independence. All you do is lie. Your lies are simply logical fallacies to begin with, because as you refuse to answer, what land does the US CURRENTLY OWN that should be part of the Philippines? That is what China did. They said the Philippines has no claim to the land, it's not theirs at all, no Filipino can go there, and it's permanent Chinese territory.

You told me the US did the same thing. You have non stop lied about what actually happened, while still being unable to back up your erroneous claim.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Complete lie. Treaty of Paris was in Dec. 1898. Philippines started fighting with the US in May. You are saying that the Spanish already had a secret agreement to lose to the US and give up most of their territory? So the US was fighting Spain and Spain was sending it's soldiers to die for over 6 months in a war they already secretly agreed to lose?

Is it possible for you to stick to the truth?

Well, isn't that what you just showed? A treaty was agreed upon on Dec. 1898, and the conflict between the U.S. and Filipinos started in Feb., 1898 (not May)? Or did you mean May, 1898?

Why do you think it's referred to as the "Mock Battle of Manila"?

en.wikipedia.org...

Also, you argued earlier that the Filipinos fully supported the U.S. Now, you're insisting the opposite. Perhaps you should ask yourself that question.

Did not own under whose definition? Are you saying you personally think Spain had no claim?

Where did you get the idea that Spain had a "claim" on islands that were already populated by human societies?

More lies. Source the US giving them assurances of independence. All you do is lie. Your lies are simply logical fallacies to begin with, because as you refuse to answer, what land does the US CURRENTLY OWN that should be part of the Philippines? That is what China did. They said the Philippines has no claim to the land, it's not theirs at all, no Filipino can go there, and it's permanent Chinese territory.

en.wikipedia.org...

I did not argue that the U.S. currently owns parts of the Philippines. What I said is that what China is trying to do now the U.S. did a century earlier. I'll recap the points below.

You told me the US did the same thing. You have non stop lied about what actually happened, while still being unable to back up your erroneous claim.

You claimed that the Filipinos fully supported U.S. control of the islands. That is not true. Aguinaldo and others approached Dewey and received assurances that the Navy would support the rebels' fight. What was not known was that the U.S. had engaged in secret negotiations with Spain, hence leading to the "Mock Battle of Manila." In addition, neither Spain nor the U.S. recognized the Philippine declaration of independence:

en.wikipedia.org...

You claimed that the U.S. did not own the Philippines and only wanted Filipinos to be independent. That is also not true. Not only did the U.S. not recognize Philippine independence, it eventually annexed the Philippines, with sedition (i.e., any act supporting Philippine independence or separation from the U.S.) punishable by death.

The Phil-Am war led to large numbers dead:

en.wikipedia.org...

and even opposition within the U.S.:

en.wikipedia.org...

It was only a year before hostilities ended that the U.S. considered granting the Philippines independent, and likely because of complaints by the public of high costs of maintaining the colony:

en.wikipedia.org...

But even after that, the U.S. found other means to control not just the Philippines but other developing nations:

newsjunkiepost.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Well, isn't that what you just showed? A treaty was agreed upon on Dec. 1898, and the conflict between the U.S. and Filipinos started in Feb., 1898 (not May)? Or did you mean May, 1898?

No, I showed there was no secret treaty like you claimed.

Also, you argued earlier that the Filipinos fully supported the U.S. Now, you're insisting the opposite. Perhaps you should ask yourself that question.

Lie. I said not all Filipino opposed the US. Prominent figures supported the US and argued that they should join the US.

Where did you get the idea that Spain had a "claim" on islands that were already populated by human societies?

So you avoid the question rather than answer. I get the idea from actual history. Maybe you can answer now?

en.wikipedia.org...

I did not argue that the U.S. currently owns parts of the Philippines. What I said is that what China is trying to do now the U.S. did a century earlier. I'll recap the points below.

So there is a completely unsubstantiated claim. You have no evidence other than hearsay.

You claimed that the Filipinos fully supported U.S. control of the islands. That is not true. Aguinaldo and others approached Dewey and received assurances that the Navy would support the rebels' fight. What was not known was that the U.S. had engaged in secret negotiations with Spain, hence leading to the "Mock Battle of Manila." In addition, neither Spain nor the U.S. recognized the Philippine declaration of independence:

en.wikipedia.org...

You claimed that the U.S. did not own the Philippines and only wanted Filipinos to be independent. That is also not true. Not only did the U.S. not recognize Philippine independence, it eventually annexed the Philippines, with sedition (i.e., any act supporting Philippine independence or separation from the U.S.) punishable by death.

More lies from you. I never made any of those claims. Quote where I said ....

Filipinos fully supported U.S. control of the islands

You claimed that the U.S. did not own the Philippines and only wanted Filipinos to be independent.

And then you can do what I keep asking you keep refusing. Explain the similarity between what the US did and what China did.

Seriously all you do is lie and deflect. If you can't give honest answers then just say so.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

No, I showed there was no secret treaty like you claimed.

No, it was a secret treaty:

en.wikipedia.org...

Lie. I said not all Filipino opposed the US. Prominent figures supported the US and argued that they should join the US.

Wrong again. You cannot even remember what you said earlier.

So you avoid the question rather than answer. I get the idea from actual history. Maybe you can answer now?

So there is a completely unsubstantiated claim. You have no evidence other than hearsay.

Complete opposite. What you are describing are your posts.

More lies from you. I never made any of those claims. Quote where I said ....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You cannot even remember your own posts!

And then you can do what I keep asking you keep refusing. Explain the similarity between what the US did and what China did.

Seriously all you do is lie and deflect. If you can't give honest answers then just say so.

No, there are no lies in any of my posts. I addressed each point you raised clearly.

There is no deflection, either. My point is very clear: Spain did not own the Philippines. Their inhabitants asserted that by waging war against Spain.

Thus, your claim that Spain owned the Philippines is not true.

Spain engaged in a secret treaty with the U.S., selling the Philippines to the latter. That's why the Battle of Manila is also called the "Mock Battle of Manila":

en.wikipedia.org...

Thus, your claim that it was not a secret treaty is not true as well.

After that, the U.S. took over, and that led to war:

en.wikipedia.org...

Thus, your claim that that the locals accepted U.S. rule is not true as well.

And for all that you still think that the U.S. is different from China? Not only do you not know anything about Spanish rule in the Philippines or U.S. rule in the same, you don't even know what happened after.

newsjunkiepost.com...

The reality is that the Philippines is nothing more than a pawn for military and economic powers: first Spain, then the U.S., then Japan, then the U.S. once more, and now China.

With that, I won't bother replying to your subsequent posts, as you are only wasting my time by posting one mistake after another.

edit on 11-1-2016 by monkeyluv because:

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: monkeyluv

You are full of it.
We aren't a communist nation, dilwad.
We have a second front we didn't know about.
WE are as diffefrent from the asians cultures as I am to YOU politically and THERE'S the rub.
MINE is the opinion of a soldier.I married a Korean nutball.
They may need the cash but they need our weapons more..
thefreethoughtproject.com... utm_content=The+Free+Thought+Project+Newsletter
edit on 12-1-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

You are full of it.
We aren't a communist nation, dilwad.
We have a second front we didn't know about.
WE are as diffefrent from the asians cultures as I am to YOU politically and THERE'S the rub.
MINE is the opinion of a soldier.I married a Korean nutball.
They may need the cash but they need our weapons more..
thefreethoughtproject.com... utm_content=The+Free+Thought+Project+Newsletter

I wasn't talking about Communism.

What second front? Stop being naive. It's all proxy wars and false flags.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
If you CAN'T remember YOUR posts..."And for all that you still think that the U.S. is different from China? "
Don't ask US to.
I 'm speaking of what REALLY runs the planet and it isn't the US govt.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

If you CAN'T remember YOUR posts..."And for all that you still think that the U.S. is different from China? "
Don't ask US to.
I 'm speaking of what REALLY runs the planet and it isn't the US govt.

What is it?

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Money and those who have the most.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
But, but , but it seems those w/ the "most money" have either:

A.) Miscalculated
B.) Intentionally "miscalculated"
C.) was "Out-Played"
D.) LOST & International Chaos ensuing

Play smart - Choose wisely - Be neutral in decision making

edit on 17-1-2016 by SurrenderingIsBack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

a reply to: lostbook

Money and those who have the most.

Something's a-foote with the world's power players wouldn't you say?

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join