It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Ready To Use Military Force If US Violates Its Territorial Waters

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Ok so the Netherlands can expanded their territory by going off the coast of Canada and saying FU it's ours.

That literally could be a compared mindset.

China is building islands next to sovereign nations, not next to mainland China, THAT is the issue you don't seem to understand.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Do you see what's happening here? Tensions are developing all over the world, because of the Middle East issues, and we are allowing it.

We have having problems in our homelands. With Arabs, and now with each other. Instead of our teaching them the ways of our civilization, they are rubbing off on us... wars, violence, punishment.. physical harm, threats.
All countries should immediately end any 'help' or intervention anywhere over there. Let them fight it out among themselves. If it winds up a caliphate then so be it. Afterwards we will have to make new laws stating no travel to and from those countries. They can still buy our food, and we can still buy their oil, but it ends there.

Leave them alone and leave them to their own ways. It's the only way. If we could get back all the weapons we've placed over there, they would still be throwing rocks at each other, but we can't undo that.
edit on 10/17/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

We are racist and fascist if we point out the obvious.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

The Dutch actually did so, not in Canada but ya know... it's history. Whatever.

'Next' is in this case 150 miles minimum, we've gotta sail a lot to see any coastline at such distances.

Rising powers do this kind of elbow-slamming, I'm not really surprised about the recent developments. I would expect Taiwan to join the party any moment btw. Their claims are far more substantiated me thinks, makes me wonder why nobody mentioned them.

What is the row about?
At the heart of the dispute are eight uninhabited islands and rocks in the East China Sea. They have a total area of about 7 sq km and lie north-east of Taiwan, east of the Chinese mainland and south-west of Japan's southern-most prefecture, Okinawa. The islands are controlled by Japan.
They matter because they are close to important shipping lanes, offer rich fishing grounds and lie near potential oil and gas reserves. They are also in a strategically significant position, amid rising competition between the US and China for military primacy in the Asia-Pacific region.

www.bbc.com...

The U.S. government says China has been unclear about the legal basis for its claim that encompasses most of the sea. Taiwan's government, the Republic of China, first adopted that basis before 1949 when it ruled all of China. It sticks to that claim today.

"Considering that the ... maps predate the People's Republic of China, the views of Taiwan are also of interest," the State Department said in a study released last year.

news.yahoo.com...

Anyway. To not understand an issue and to disagree are two different concepts in my universe, go figure!
edit on 17-10-2015 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

The Dutch actually did so, not in Canada but ya know... it's history. Whatever.

Educate me, I'm not aware of this history.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
As anyone got any idea what the proportional response could be from China?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

New Amsterdam, New Holland and you guessed it - they sailed through the East China Sea as well.
weloveindonesia.tumblr.com...

a reply to: joho99

Dress a female battalion in mermaid costumes, let 'em sit on the beach and wave friendly as a bunch o testosterone driven sailors pass by.
It's Halloween, innit?

edit on 17-10-2015 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
OH please china make the USN's Day and also the US economys day by negating our debt due to a un provoked attack in INTERNATIONAL WATERS. Oh please please please! The UN would then have grounds to kick you out even with the VEto.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

So India is also a British settlement? I mean since we are referencing 1800's land maps.

Also, by Dutch I realize now you mean the Dutch East Indies.

Something tells me you don't know the difference.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Except that would kill the US economy too. For some weird reason our politicians love to make our greatest enemy our largest trade partner. China has already said they will not allow anything to get in the way of them claiming this land, not even the US, and they will go to war if we try. 

Somehow you still back China.

Greatest enemy? Are you serious?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The situation between the US and Russia is one thing. But China is about as much of a threat as a mosquito. Yes, they have a lot of soldiers (conscripts mostly who last about a month). Yes they sort of seem to have a modern air force (the J20 is a horrible knock off of the F22, no doubt created by stolen plans. May LOOK like an F22, but I'm sure it doesn't function like one.

And the Chinese navy? Lol. China is trying like crazy to dump all US debts, before we turn around and just say "sorry, we don't owe you a dime".

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

originally posted by: Isurrender73
And they see this as a necessary buffer zone. This is a UN problem. The US are not the world police.

How exactly do you suppose the UN will solve this when China sits on the UNSC and can veto anything that crosses their table?

China is encroaching on many of the neighbours in the region, ignores any attempt at arbitration and is actively building it's military capability to defend it's claims. Something has to give, at some point.

Actually i researched it and there IS a way to get rid of a permanent member. 99 percent vote to disbar said member. The one percent being the country being removed.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Russia and China are BOTH members, and friendemies (yep made up word)

There is no removing UN Charter members with Veto power.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Distance between Hawaii and California: 2471 miles. Oh my ...

I guess a 12 mile-zone surrounding Hawaii is not mandatory for Chinese warships either? Yeah, I know. That was rather devilish as you don't recognize islands as islands in case they were only little atolls during their short youth.

Mental acrobatics, short from going mental. I love a good Idiocracy!

NAtural islands are not manmade and as such are able to have territorial limits of 12 miles. Artificial ones are not eligible if not within the 12 miles of home countrys waters.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Russia and China are BOTH members, and friendemies (yep made up word)

There is no removing UN Charter members with Veto power.

I didnt say that. Look it up they CAN be removed. it takes a majority vote to do so. It sin the UN bylaws if you read them carefully.

A member state may be suspended or expelled from the UN, according to the United Nations Charter. From Chapter II, Article 5:[3]

A Member of the United Nations against which preventive or enforcement action has been taken by the Security Council may be suspended from the exercise of the rights and privileges of membership by the General Assembly upon the recommendation of the Security Council. The exercise of these rights and privileges may be restored by the Security Council.

From Article 6:[3]

A Member of the United Nations which has persistently violated the Principles contained in the present Charter may be expelled from the Organization by the General Assembly upon the recommendation of the Security Council.
edit on 15000000ppam by yuppa because: educational info

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

You need to brush up on your history. This is near exactly what the US did in regard to our presence in the Philippines.

en.m.wikipedia.org...–American_War

Philippine–American War

Date June 2, 1899 – July 4, 1902
(3 years, 1 month and 2 days)
Moro Rebellion: 1899–1913
Location Philippines, Southeast Asia
Result American victory
*American Occupation of the Philippines; dissolution of the First Philippine Republic.
Territorial
changes The Philippines becomes an unincorporated territory of the United States and, later, a U.S. Commonwealth (until 1946).

edit on 10/17/2015 by Zaphod58 because: Fixed code tags

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Actually, if you read those bye-laws, you'll see that members can only be expelled with the recommendation of the UNSC...If it is a UNSC member with Veto power you want expelled, it cannot happen... Unless they themselves vote to have themselves expelled....

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

Except China is attacking US allies. So no. China needs to stop their bullying and stop their aggression. The US would be a fool to sit back and let China grow, as China has shown they have no regard for anyone, and someday, that will mean the US.

If China is willing to wage war, then it should be on the US's terms, not China's, when the US is far stronger, rather than after China catches up.

In short if war happens it's unavoidable due to Chinese aggression, and simply a matter of time.

Considering that Corporate lobbyists and their puppet politicians helped China grow by shipping our technological and industrial know how to Communist China, I propose we ship them to China to fight and show us how it is done.

They want to reap the profits from it but do not want to have skin in the game and want others to pay for it with their lives. Right?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

All i gotta say about these artificial islands is that if the USA was making airstrips in international waters people would be shi$$ing their pants and crying about US aggression

We don't need to that when we can build bases in most nations of the world.
We should go back to minding our on business and quit stealing tax payers money to prop up the MIC.

George Washington said it best

"It is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world."
– George Washington, Farewell Address, 179629

"It is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliance with any portion of the foreign world": it was George Washington's Farewell Address to us. The inaugural pledge of Thomas Jefferson was no less clear: "Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations-entangling alliances with none."

Washington did not call for isolation, only the avoidance of entangling alliances. And we see how bad that is working out with our blood and treasure

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I think people are getting ahead of themselves, China are not dumb, they wouldn't fight US with your typical war. The US has borrowed hundreds of millions from China so china can ruin their economy in a day, can pull back on all exports of products, which as we know nearly everything is made in China so stop talking about crap saying US would win with their naval force when that's not the type of war China would oppose...

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join