It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is In n Out the most overrated burger chain in the U.S.?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Only if you own a Macdonald's franchise.....

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Blake's Lotaburger in NM, TX. Not exactly a fast food chain, but every order is cooked fresh in front of your eyes and they use 100% Black Angus beef. The green chile cheeseburgers are rated #1 in the country, Just my 2 cents.

edit on 17-10-2015 by WolfBytes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   

my burgers beat any chain hands down, the best part is they are never exactly the same

as for in and out they are good and they are efficient i would say best large chain fast food burger ive had(mind you, I havent had them all) but i can think of two local fast burgers that put in and out to shame, and in my mind the best fast burger in the world comes from a small town up in the norcal mountains, a town i would occasionally pass through on the the way to reno. if anyone ever finds a place called poka dot get the biggest burger you can, and you will not be disappointed. you will know its the place when you look over to your left when standing in line and see a babbling brook running through the picnic area of this fine establishment, and last i checked they always got a pretty girl taking orders. dont take my word though on the latter its been some 10 years since i have been there, but for me to have such clear memories of a burger i ate 10 years ago says somthing about its quality
edit on 17-10-2015 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-10-2015 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

I feel like Starbucks is popular for this very reason.
It's trendy and the hipsters sit around smugly sipping their iced mochas all the while trying to hold back dry heaves lest their lie be revealed to the masses.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Is In n Out the most overrated burger chain in the U.S.?

No. It's not.

Have a nice day. Come again soon.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I thought about mentioning Starbucks in my post, but decided to refrain. I think you are right though, it's pretty much the same thing.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   
You can't compare In-N-Out to Starbucks.

It's just not even the same thing.

In-N-Out took years, years!, just to open stores on the other side of the same county.

Phhhtt!

P.S. Just Phhhtt!
edit on 17-10-2015 by Bybyots because: . ; .

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Oh I see, now you don't wanna post.

Okay. Tell ya what. Vegetarians?

You are out of this game. Take a seat on the bleachers.

let me tell you a story.

There once was a burger joint called The Habit, that thought they could take on In-N-Out. they opened their doors somewhere in the mid 2000s.

They branded the # out of themselves, and opened stores blocks away from In-N-Out. In retrospect, I realize that part of their business model must have been based on the idea that people that didn't want to sit in their cars in traffic blocking lines would patronize their store instead .The fools.

Yes, they opened their store only to be crushed, crushed!, by the mighty power of the double-double.

What's up with Whataburger and their chicken?

It's game-over right there. In-N-Out does one thing: Burgers n' fries; perfectly.

Mmm Hmm.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Not comparing the stores themselves, just the reason behind their popularity.

For the record, I remeber when In & Out could only be found in SoCal. I ate there before it was cool. Eek, did I just say that? Slaps hand over mouth and runs away in shame
edit on 10/17/2015 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

just the reason behind their popularity.

I gotcha; you're simply wrong. Not the same dynamic at all.

I ate there before it was cool. Eek, did I just say that? Slaps hand over mouth and runs away in shame

Yep, it's in your blood, Calstorm.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I would not know never been to any, In n Out, but I heard people say they have great burgers or that Whaterburger as well. Have not been to any of them truly. I keep hearing people talk about it, this week in fact somebody was going on about how much better the burgers joints in texas were compared to out here in the northwest. I have been to a 5 guys place, and really they have good burgers, but its not all that great as people say it all is.

But really I think there all overrating things.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Ponder this: How is it that no one, I mean no one, in Cali gives another Californian # for blocking traffic whilst waiting on a double-double, protein-style, hold the fries and a Sprite.

Ponder that.

*Hic*..

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Because we are channeling our inner Canadian? My apologizes to all the Canadians out there, blame it on my lack of sleep.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The best burger chains that I tried

Fuddruckers . Come on you can order 1lb burger with a huge sourdough roll. And they advertise as the worlds best burger so it must be true

Red robin all I have to say is yum
edit on 07/11/2014 by Goldenwilys because: (no reason given)

edit on 07/11/2014 by Goldenwilys because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I was crazy about In N Out when I was younger- the fries were made fresh from potatoes, when other places used frozen premade ones- and they used slices of fresh onion. I don't know if they have changed, and perhaps elsewhere there was better- but back in the day, in So. Calif. where the only competition was McDo, Jack in the Box, Burger KIng and Carls Jr, In N Out was the best of those!

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

OMG, the Green Chile Double....thats my jam right there.

And the Whataburger ketchup (AKA, "Crack Ketchup")....i jealously hoard it. Get extras as the window, keep them in a drawer. If i see one lying in the breakroom at work, i snag it. Its the most amazing ketchup. You can get ketchup just as good if you buy canned. Canning is a superior method to store tomatoes over bottling.

Ill add 5 Guys for their french fries, and Fuddruckers because of their fantastic beef.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Chain stores do not make good burgers. Period. I don't care if you're favorite is McDs, Whattaburger, In n Out, or whatever. They slap together some "meat" patties, lettuce, tomato, pickles,2 pieces of bread slathered in some "special sauce" and call it The Best Burger In The World.
Pfft.
Best burger I ever had was at 2 different places. One where I grew up in Kentucky and the other in Ft Worth. Both local, hole in the wall, burger joints that used real meat, sliced their own potatoes for fries and let you order them how you like them. Rare to well done, with any fixins' you want or just a slab of beef between 2 buns. Your order came in a plain brown bag, fries dumped in the bottom and well wrapped burger on top. Tear the bag down the sides to makes a "plate" for your fries, a little ketchup on the side or over the top and then bite in to the burger, meattomatopickle juice running down your chin, stuff in a few fries and a big drink to wash it all down. Wish I could remember the one in Texas, because I think it was just a little better than the one in Ky.
Edit - forgot the fresh sliced and battered onions rings, made only with Vidalia onions.

Damn. This may mean a road trip.

Just wanted to add that I'm not being a snob or jeering at someone's favorite fast food joint. I just got a thing about mass produced, slapped together "food". Too many bad experiences at chain stores I guess.
edit on 17-10-2015 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Ill add 5 Guys for their french fries, and Fuddruckers because of their fantastic beef.

Fuddruckers is the only 'fast food' place where I will get a hamburger.

Plus I can give silly names when I order, 'Groin Shredder, your order is ready.'

edit on 17-10-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Any day of the week i'd rather have that fresh ground brisket burger, smoothly shaped and 1" thick when cooked.

But if you are on the fly, Whataburger is pretty fantastic. Even if you just get the fries and their ketchup.

I want to write love poems to Whataburger Ketchup.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
But if you are on the fly, Whataburger is pretty fantastic. Even if you just get the fries and their ketchup.

I want to write love poems to Whataburger Ketchup.

Next time I am down that way I will make a point of trying them out. I need to sample this Crack Ketchup.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join