It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is In n Out the most overrated burger chain in the U.S.?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I constantly have to hear about how they have the best burgers in the U.S. but I just don't think so.

Their fries are a greasy mess, and the burgers look and taste like they belong in a McDonalds happy meal.

Before you nutrinazi's come in here and spout your nonsense about how all fast food is bad, you can shove it back where the sun don't shine.

Anyway, being from Texas I guess I'm used to REAL hamburgers..

sorry In n Out you will never dethrone WHATABURGER as the best burger chain in the U.S.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

never been to in n out, i heard good things though.

but personally my fav is 5 guys! everything is perfect there!

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I detest In n Out food. IF I absolutely must have a fast food burger, it's gotta be a genuine A & W Papa Burger, light onions, please! Yumm.

Brb....grabbin' keys.....

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I have never eaten at the place but I can't believe it's more overrated than White Castle.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

sorry In n Out you will never dethrone WHATABURGER as the best burger chain in the U.S.

I try not to eat in a chain joint but if I do...What..A...Burger!!!! Remember that old ad?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I have never eaten at the place but I can't believe it's more overrated than White Castle.

Lol oh man I totally forgot about White Castle...I mean you can literally find their "burgers" in the frozen food aisle at your local wal mart...
edit on 16-10-2015 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The lines at newly opened In and Out were ridiculous.
Whataburger, in Texas, is way better.
Another chain called Smash Burger is excellent too.
edit on 16-10-2015 by Q33323 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

In & Out burgers are not good in my opinion either. I like Smashburger, if I get a chain restaurant burger.

I rather enjoy exploring and trying local joints (hole in the wall kind of places).

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I try not to eat in a chain joint but if I do...What..A...Burger!!!! Remember that old ad?

Yessir their burgers are the best, their fries aren't just fried pieces of cardboard like In n Out either..their ketchup is perfect..their patty melt soaks up a hangover better than anything

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I totally think so. I recently had some business travel out to California and everybody was asking me if I'd ever gone there. Well I hadn't, and now I have, unfortunately on multiple occasions.

The fries and burgers are just terrible. I tried them regular and "animal style" and neither version was even close to good. I'd honestly rather go to McD's for a burger, which I never do, than go back there.

Add on to it that the place is incredibly slow at getting the food out, despite droves of employees behind the counter. I think smashburger could beat them any day of the week.

I will say though that I did quite enjoy their shakes.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Thats one thing I really miss about TX. Now that I'm here in CO no WHATABURGER.

Lets be real if you texan you call it WATERBURGER!

WHATERBURGER for the elite.

# man I miss A1 thick n hearty and I think it was honey bbq chicken strip sandwhich.... oh god help me

Taquitos and a giant cinnamon roll!
edit on 16-10-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

DID I MENTION SPICY KETCHUP??????????????
edit on 16-10-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Never had In and Out or Whataburger. Never even seen one. Cook Out is good though.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Just wondering how anyone could put any fast food into their body! Must have been desperate because all of the burger joints have synthetic food. Not one chain joint is better or worse.
edit on 16-10-2015 by Dystopian7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
I constantly have to hear about how they have the best burgers in the U.S. but I just don't think so.

Their fries are a greasy mess, and the burgers look and taste like they belong in a McDonalds happy meal.

Before you nutrinazi's come in here and spout your nonsense about how all fast food is bad, you can shove it back where the sun don't shine.

Anyway, being from Texas I guess I'm used to REAL hamburgers..

McDonald's is way more overated if you ask me. But I don't go to fast food places for burgers, local hole in the wall places here serve much better burgers than any fast food restaurant.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Their burgers are ok. Just ok, nothing to get excited about imo. So yes, overrated.
Back in 1980, I went out West and had my first Carl's Jr burger. At the time, that burger impressed me. We didn't have that chain on the East Coast then.

The most overrated burger joint right now is the Five Guys chain, imho. Pricey and crappy doesn't make me happy.
It is all a matter of individual taste though.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
If you're ever passing through Austin and in the mood for a good burger, it's hard to beat 'Mighty Fine.'
They had two locations last time I was there.
There beef is fresh ground, in house. Good stuff.
All fast food burgers suck in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Dystopian7

I eat burgers for the sheer pleasure, not giving a squat about being good for me. And I do so infrequently. So, when I indulge, I do it right.

Staring at the white light of your monitor/cell/laptop/notepad/television/desktop/whateverelseimissed for hours on end isn't good for you either. Pretty sure they are all synthetic products as well. Just saying....

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Crap, now you made me hungry.
Thinking about burgers brought up a memory of one of the best.
The place changed owners and went downhill quickly, then closed up.
But the original guy made a burger that was happening. He had ground coriander, crushed mustard seed, salt and black pepper in the mix. Just the right amount of fat and it was a 1/2 pound patty. He served it up on a kaiser roll. I got mine with bacon, American cheese and fried onions.
I would take it home and share it with my best buddy at the time, Izzie... a pug/shih tzu mix (I took the onions off of his half).
Thanks for stirring up that memory!

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Five guys is better, from what I recall in my brief time in the Ft Worth area whatta burger was whatever but In n Out is still pretty good.

Maybe their better stores our out here in CA.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
The true story of In & Out's popularity

Originally, In & Out was good, this was back in the 80's. Word spread and a reputation was built. Then they started building more locations, sacrificing quality for expansion.

Eventually, they were crap, but people kept eating there because it was cool. They would tell everyone how great In & Out was, because it was the popular thing to do, all the while trying to keep their secret that they thought In & Out was crap.

If their secret ever got out, people would think they weren't cool, meanwhile, all the people they were trying to impress by saying they liked In & Out were all thinking the same and desperately trying to hide their secret dislike for In & Out.

Eventually a few brave souls declared their dislike for In & Out thinking it was the hipster thing to do. Much to their surprise, they did face backlash or societal rejection as expected. When others saw this, they started coming forward too.

Nowadays, the only people who claim to like In & Out, are the small handfuls of people who genuinely like it for some strange reason and those who missed the memo on social media, informing them that they would not be ostracized for admitting their dislike.

edit on 10/16/2015 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join