It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unlocking Your Inner Hero

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: ancientthunder

Therefore buddhist enlightment does not exist, it's a concept alone.

If something exists as a concept, it exists. Are you proposing the kindergarten objection that only material objects have existence?

I'm a little behind on science these days, but as a scientist, I'm wondering if you'd share what sorts of immaterial objects have existence, and how you might know they have existence?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

If you cannot understand my perfectly clear and unambiguous post, what hope is there that you will understand any further explanation?

I write for people who can profit from my knowledge and experience. I don't waste my time on your sort. Sorry.

edit on 19/10/15 by Astyanax because: I thought I would make it clear.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Don't apologize. I expected as much. We're all the better for having profited from your knowledge and experience here. Good thing your sort is a dime a dozen, and we can find unoriginal thought fairly easily.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

edit on 19-10-2015 by Aphorism because: woops

edit on 19-10-2015 by Aphorism because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Trachel

Everyone has a conception of their perfect self. We all have an inner idea of our actualized identity.

I can tell you are young.

That's good, it means you have bit of a ways to go yet. Grab on to all those ideals and go for it. Don't let anyone tell you how to live your life, because in the end, you are the one that is going to have to live with all of it.

Don't end up in your second infancy with nothing but a lot of regrets for things that you wanted to do, but chicken out or let somebody talk you out of.

Don't wait for tomorrow for something you dream of doing today, thinking you can save it for a better time. There is rarely a better time, and you are not guaranteed tomorrow.

As far as a perfect self, well, you are probably as perfect as you are going to be. You can tweak your shell, heck with today's technology, you can probably rebuild your shell, but who you are is about as perfect as it gets.

Your mind has to the ability to do some amazing things, by extension, you may actually do some things that you may feel are amazing. Your experiences, your desires, your hopes, your future, are all possibilities that will perfectly yours.

I think striving for perfection will bring you nothing but disappointment. Just work on being the best that you can be and you will be the perfect person you were meant to be.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join