It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RNC chairman: Republicans are 'cooked' if defeated in 2016

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Judging just by the current group of presidential candidates there's more diversity in the GOP than the Democratic party.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

This:
www.nakedcapitalism.com...

has happened under 2 years of total Democrat rule and hasn't improved under 5 years of Democrat presidency with a pen and a phone...

The idea that the GOP panders the wealthy is likely an accurate one. The idea that the Democrats don't pander them just as much is laughable.

ETA: Please click link for chart. Sizing isn't working on embed.

edit on 16-10-2015 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Hefficide
But the Republicans do pander and offer a bunch of handouts in exchange for votes. They were just stupid enough to pander and give those handouts exclusively to the top 1%.

...as opposed to the Democrats who give the handouts to the 1% and cast a few more at the bottom 48%...

There isn't a single country in existence including the great U.S. of A that has 200,000,000 job opportunities...

So the only alternative is to let people without starve to death in mud huts and crumble into a state like Ethiopian slums...

"I got mine Jack, screw you" - Jesus of Nazareth

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

Judging just by the current group of presidential candidates there's more diversity in the GOP than the Democratic party.

GWB had more women in his cabinet and in positions of great authority than any prior president... but the media keeps saying that only the progressives are pro-women, so their opinions must be true while the statistical facts are lacking.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

GWB had more women in his cabinet and in positions of great authority than any prior president... but the media keeps saying that only the progressives are pro-women, so their opinions must be true while the statistical facts are lacking.

I think the women's rejection of the GOP is a result of the abortion issue; and as the electorate gets younger this will play against the Republicans even more drastically.

Statistics.....

edit on 16-10-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I think the women's rejection of the GOP is a result of the abortion issue; and as the electorate gets younger this will play against the Republicans even more drastically.

Statistics.....

Killing babies is all the rage I hear.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Not as the nation's hispanic population continues to soar.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Not as the nation's hispanic population continues to soar.

I doubt if that will play in the Republicans favor. At one time the Hispanic community was solid in the Republicans camp but all this wall building and anti min wage talk has pushed them away. The Hispanics see the dispairaty between the rich Republicans and the working class Dembs. At least that's the way they perceive it here in "the land of enchantment" and probably the same nationally.

And in politics...perception is everything. That's why Trump is doing so well.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Don't forget, we are strong proponents of "You want it, you earn it."

Yes, you're right, strong proponents of the phrase. But not actually in practice. On one side you have the corporate elite republicans who by in large did not earn it, they inherited it. And if by some chance they didn't inherit it, their starting line was certainly far beyond what most people can even understand (yet they are under the impression that we all start 'equal'). On the other side you have the poor/uneducated/rural/religious sect which are takers from the welfare state anyway. So yes, all the "bootstrap" talk is strong in the republican party, but in truth, it's just empty machismo posturing.

…trust me, I'm no fan of a lot of the democrat games either, but this is the topic at hand.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Wow. Now they're talking about phasing out the phony partisan system altogether. Makes you wonder what they plan to do with the people who disagree with "The Party".

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
We are entering into the last days of 2015 and I can tell you now that Republicans are cooked. When Donald Trump and all his foolishness is the answer to Hillary Clinton then Republicans really have a problem.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I like how they imply anyone ever really "wins" or "loses" an election. No matter who ends up president, the motive and end game will be the same. The only thing that changes is the method of obfuscation.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MateoVeritas
I like how they imply anyone ever really "wins" or "loses" an election. No matter who ends up president, the motive and end game will be the same. The only thing that changes is the method of obfuscation.

Yes. That's a brilliant observation! I have been saying that (More or less) for a long time. With A LOT more words. This condenses the essence of what has been going on for decades into a couple of sentences.

But yes. That's it exactly. Most people are so caught up in all the noise they never really look at it to see that every brick that's put into place stays exactly where it was put. You don't get that with real opposition. That's a plan.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Once the percentage of kept voters in America pass 50%, there's just no rational way to expect the GOP will ever get those voters

That is really small-minded and insulting to think that people vote for Democrats just to get benefits. There are plenty of employed Democrats, not to mention people that don't want theocracy, war, corporate corruption, gun mongers, etc and vote on those principles.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

There is a lot of truth to it. The GOP has become a monster that has caused many "real" republicans and libertarians to question the direction of the party.

Actually, that reality is not a new development. It's been years in the making.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I think what the left and right are BOTH scared of IS a third party. Right now (admit it!) both are dominated by a wealthy Wall Street connected 1%. Trump is at least honest "hey I'm really rich" while Hillary, Jeb Bush, "pretend" they aren't and they are going to "fight" for dwindling middle class (decimated by both Democratic and Republican policy.) That's why (outside of Trump, a billionaire) those doing the best with the non political class are Sanders, Carson, Rubio, Cruz.

People realized they were bs'd by "Hope and Change" and those paying attention can see the "uni party" that is supported by a DC insider media. Last Presidential cycle, Candy Crowley influenced the Romney/Obama debate (fact check wise Romney was correct about Libya/Benghazi and Obama was not). Forward to 2015 and 20 million plus watching (who probably of those viewers use aggregate news sources on the web rather than traditional media) didn't stand for Megyn Kelly trying to "Crowley" Trump with her idiotic "gotcha" query on his twitter wars w/Rosie ODonnel

More of the citizenry are watching, and no matter how the Dems and their media spin it, Sanders and Clinton (Biden too if he changes his mind at any point) are old and white. They can scream diversity but standing on the other side are a brilliant African American neuro surgeon, Dr. Carson; two Cuban American attorneys from poor families (Rubio and Cruz); another attorney from a poor family of Indian immigrants (Jindal); a female Italian American CEO (Fiorino); two Italian American attorneys from blue collar families (Christie and Santorum). So that kinda discounts the "old white guys club."

The Dems have Soros, the Reps the Koch Brothers.

No big difference til you get to those darn "outsiders."
edit on 24-10-2015 by Glinda because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Id say they are cooked.....

They dont represent their conservative base, and if they put another RINO in, they will lose a huge HUGE portion of their base to the independent party.......

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
May 3, 2016

I think it's great news that the Republican party has officially thrown it's support for Donald John Trump, the presumptive nominee for U.S. President. Ted Cruz dropping out of the race tonight, has cleared the path for Trump.

The news media is extremely disappointed that there won't be a "contested" convention. Those sensationalist clowns were praying for violence and riots in Cleveland this Summer. Their disappointment, along with Republican party leaders endorsing Trump, make for a double dose of happiness tonight!

-cwm

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The RNC is already disseminating. When party members tout how they will back the Democratic nominee instead of support Trump if he is nominated, they became more than a weak link, they became a traitor to their party. As I have expressed in the past, they need to think of people first before their party. But in expressing their choice of supporting the complete opposite of everything they believe is right, they fail their own party....and the people.

Did I say that right?

edit on 3-5-2016 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
next time they should probably nominate a republican

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join