It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 nasa employees admitting people can't go to the moon yet....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Which is why NASA are building the Space Launch System (SLS). www.nasa.gov...

You can't really expect them to try to rebuild the Saturn V and Apollo-era hardware for future Moon and deep space exploration.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
Bad quotes, out of context, and ignoring all of the actual data.

We sent men to the moon. I watched the landing on television. I know what fake looked like back then, and that wasn't.

I can't believe anyone still tries this "fake moon landing" stuff. Isn't there a hoax section for this sort of nonsense?

Dude it was all digitally photo shopped back in the 60s... duh...

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

You can't really expect them to try to rebuild the Saturn V and Apollo-era hardware for future Moon and deep space exploration.

Actually we totally lost that capability. The plans and know how is gone. Much of it was recycled/destroyed or just crumbled away to age and poor storage. They have gone so far as to go back to the museums in Huntsville and other places to re-engineer lost knowledge from the relics there. We needed to start over from scratch, so it is hard for people today to think that we could actually lose information like this, but we did.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Honestly... I dont think there is one person on ATS who is actually qualified to prove or disprove anything about the moon landing. This is a Public forum With People who get its facts from a Third party, one of them is YouTube.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

Honestly... I dont think there is one person on ATS who is actually qualified to prove or disprove anything about the moon landing. This is a Public forum With People who get its facts from a Third party, one of them is YouTube.

Well lots of us are qualified to debunk claims re the photographs taken and the images taken on the Moon can be compared to the LRO images to match small craters & rocks on the surface.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

Well lots of us are qualified to debunk claims re the photographs taken and the images taken on the Moon can be compared to the LRO images to match small craters & rocks on the surface.

Qualified how?

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Qualified how?

35+ years taking pictures so I understand lighting, exposure,depth of field how to take pictures that will be in focus and reasonably well exposed without looking through the viewfinder and other claims made about the photographs by the hoax believers.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Possession of eyes, critical faculties, the willingness to search for and read through complicated documents, trawling through all the available sources of information (not youtube), fact checking, double fact checking, the kind of stuff you need to look at the evidence and come to sound conclusions based on available facts, not opinions decided in advance.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Qualified how?

35+ years taking pictures so I understand lighting, exposure,depth of field how to take pictures that will be in focus and reasonably well exposed without looking through the viewfinder and other claims made about the photographs by the hoax believers.

Why aren't the colors different in the moon pictures.

There isn't any nitrogen (brown) or scattering of light due to gas molecules on the moon.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Semicollegiate

Qualified how?

Why aren't the colors different in the moon pictures.

There isn't any nitrogen (brown) or scattering of light due to gas molecules on the moon.

It's still just reflected sunlight

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Actually we totally lost that capability. The plans and know how is gone.

I was watching the documentary "Moon Machines" about the development and construction of the Apollo hardware, and I was struck by how much problem-solving still needed to be done by the engineers even after the hardware (such as the Saturn V) was designed and built.

Drawing up the blueprints and building it was just the first step in making it work. After that, it took a lot of testing and the ingenuity people to figure it out to find problems they hadn't considered when they originally designed it.

Here is the episode on the Saturn V, including interviews with the engineers and technicians who built it (other episodes about other Apollo hardware can be found on YouTube, also):

edit on 10/20/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

That is both ignorant and insulting. ATS members include astronomers, aerospace engineers, and space journalists. Jim Oberg, for example, is a former NASA engineer who is an authority on the Soviet space program.
edit on 20-10-2015 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

That is both ignorant and insulting. ATS members include astronomers, aerospace engineers, and space journalists. Jim Oberg, for example, is a former NASA engineer who is an authority on the Soviet space program.

The truth always hurts...

But if People think they can debunk this, good for them. But i bet they wont. It will just drag on and become nothing.. as it always does on ATS.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

You must be in constant pain. The Moon Hoax was definitively debunked here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Anyone who continues to believe the lunar landings were fake is woefully ignorant. Others spread the lie for political reasons. About two years ago a group of Russian Fascists were on here trying to tear the US down in order to make Russia look better. They failed.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

But if People think they can debunk this, good for them. But i bet they wont. It will just drag on and become nothing.. as it always does on ATS.

Only if you've deluded yourself to believe a lie and find out you're wrong.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

I was watching the documentary "Moon Machines" about the development and construction of the Apollo hardware, and I was struck by how much problem-solving still needed to be done by the engineers even after the hardware (such as the Saturn V) was designed and built.

Drawing up the blueprints and building it was just the first step in making it work. After that, it took a lot of testing and the ingenuity people to figure it out to find problems they hadn't considered when they originally designed it.

Here is the episode on the Saturn V, including interviews with the engineers and technicians who built it (other episodes about other Apollo hardware can be found on YouTube, also):

Ya, it amazes me that in just 40 years we would loose all that, makes one wonder what else we have lost just to rediscover it again.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   

So the hoax proponents have nothing to level against us who believe that the moon landings happened? That settles it, then. What you said works both ways.

But you have no grounds to speak for all ATS users; some of them are skilled astronomers, engineers, researchers, ets. If people are so willing to listen to claims on Youtube, why can't they listen to the more solid evidence?

In the Moon Hoax land, ignorance and prejudice reigns supreme.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

Ya, it amazes me that in just 40 years we would loose all that, makes one wonder what else we have lost just to rediscover it again.

Mostly what we have lost is economic freedom, which is to say, the country has lost a lot of disposable income.

The metal that went into the booster rockets would cost maybe 10 times more now than it did then.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

That is both ignorant and insulting. ATS members include astronomers, aerospace engineers, and space journalists.

No biases in that group. /sarcasm

All of those people get their careers from the same political/social powers as did the moon shots.

McCarthy was right. The government was full of communist policy makers.

Their analogs and descendants could have faked the moon shot.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Semicollegiate

All of those people get their careers from the same political/social powers as did the moon shots.

Not necessarily. The best way to raise your profile academically is through dissent. Just look at Noam Chomsky: an utter failure as a linguist, a celebrity as a dissident!

McCarthy was right. The government was full of communist policy makers.

That is a complete non sequitur.

Their analogs and descendants could have faked the moon shot.

You have obviously never met any aerospace engineers or astronauts. There's a reason why Texas is a red state.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join