It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dyatlov Pass incident...thoughts

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasyeti
a reply to: texasyeti

Crows could have eaten their eyes and soft flesh around the eyes. The skull fractures may have been caused by blunt force trauma likr a woodsmans axe or axe handle?

are there crows chilling in frozen ass russia?
if yes, why only eat the eyes of 1 person and not all?
seems like easy food if it was an animal or some sort

so theories include all of them suffering from a psychotic break from eating rye bread. thing is we dont know if they even had rye bread
another theory is a crow ate the eyes of 1
another theory is these experienced hikers went senile from hypothermia

im not buying any of those personally

i dont buy the avalanche theory. footprints still visible. tent poles still erect. radiation on some of the bodies.
was it an avalanche of uranium?

im leaning towards the fact that it is more than one thing that formed a perfect storm of events.
maybe the radiation came from some sort of military experiment
leaning towards them cutting open their tent and hauling ass barefoot cause of an almas

says crows live in temperate climates
en.wikipedia.org...

so that theory is out

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MrConspiracy

Look up ergotism. Once one person started freaking out, all he'll could break loose.
edit on 18-10-2015 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I have always been interested in this event. As a person who grew up in the mountains in a very active outdoor family and a man who's service specialty included cold-weather operations, I have my own opinions and some insight.

1. Lots of attention is paid to the state of undress of some of the hikers. You should know this is not in the least unusual. End Stage Hypothermia causes this. The seemingly paradoxical behaviour is caused by the body-and-mind's last gasp at survival. "Paradoxical Undressing" is caused when the muscles of the body that have been preserving blood flow to the bodies core by constricting blood vessels to the extremities give in to exhaustion. Essentially, warm blood rushes to the surface of the body causing the delusion of being extremely hot.

2. The brain does some goofy things in cold weather survival situations including something called "terminal burrowing". It is an instinct triggered in the brains-stem and will cause a person to run-and-hide. To tuck themselves in somewhere.

3. The location of the original camp, the state of camp, the cutting out the back of the tents and the "crushing injuries" all point to a likely avalanche event.

4. For the group to be split up at night, after a traumatic event is not uncommon. It can be the result of confusion, fear, and/or a breakdown of leadership which can cause an otherwise cohesive group to follow different paths to what they feel is their best survival option. Also the people who "Stayed" or "returned" to camp may have been unable to continue to the tree-line with the rest of the group and either never left, or abandoned the traverse and returned to camp.

5. Missing tongue and eyes etc. This to me is one of the easiest to understand as it is not uncommon, if not a little gruesome to some. Small animals scavenging. Remember they were missing for weeks before people went looking for them.

6. The stuff about radioactivity and strange lights were all added later to the story and have little or no forensic evidence to support it.

A tragic event that can be explained by speaking to cold-weather CSAR members or regular mountaineers. Remember, this occurred in 1959, in a remote part of the Soviet Union, not five miles from the trail-head of a modern National Park.

As with all things, look to primary sources so it is easier to weed out the weird stuff that shows up in these investigations later on.

Remember. The above is just the opinion of somebody who has experience in these sort of scenarios. I am not making a definitive statements. Aliens, Yetis, Secret Military Tests or Secret Military Alien Yetis may well have been responsible.

However, when it can be explained by an avalanche, hypothermia, no rescue and the mental and physiological effects of all that. Occam's Razor most likely applies.

(Secret Military Alien Yetis is a way cooler story though.)

edit on 18-10-2015 by Leonidas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

6.6. The radioactive sweater was from the very beginning.

The tent was cut from within not by members of group of Dyatlov, and those who killed them, sending half-naked in cold Siberian night. From tent it was convenient to control the people going down.

a reply to: DJW001

In my opinion, the one who does of an obvious criminal crime schizophrenic "a deadly psychotic episode" is sick.

As for mine LOL, it was towards ignorance at the description of habits of the people living in my country. Description ignorant and stereotypic.

The word of honor, reading that people about this tragedy write, full ignoring of the facts, such impression surprises that actually people simply try to invent the theory more exotic that to them would pay attention. All information on incident with Dyatlov's group, is in open access, but it is necessary to look for, translate, do thereby some work, it is much simpler to do mysterious assumptions on anything not
the based.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas

1. Lots of attention is paid to the state of undress of some of the hikers. You should know this is not in the least unusual. End Stage Hypothermia causes this. The seemingly paradoxical behaviour is caused by the body-and-mind's last gasp at survival. "Paradoxical Undressing" is caused when the muscles of the body that have been preserving blood flow to the bodies core by constricting blood vessels to the extremities give in to exhaustion. Essentially, warm blood rushes to the surface of the body causing the delusion of being extremely hot.

3. The location of the original camp, the state of camp, the cutting out the back of the tents and the "crushing injuries" all point to a likely avalanche event.

5. Missing tongue and eyes etc. This to me is one of the easiest to understand as it is not uncommon, if not a little gruesome to some. Small animals scavenging. Remember they were missing for weeks before people went looking for them.

1) The paradoxical undressing is not likely in this case. for several reasons. There was an attempt and even to some success, to build a fire at the base of the cedar, they were attempting to get warmer. The other part to this is that when Lyudmila Dubinina was found she has more layers of clothes on her and she was attempting to keep her feet warm by wrapping clothes around them
The other point to this is they had items of clothing from the two found at the base of the cedar tree, surmising that those two died first, the other four took items of clothing to stay warmer before they fled to the ravine, this is not conducive to paradoxical undressing.
Also Igor Dyatlov, Rustem Slobodin and Zinaida Kolmogorova were trying to get back to the camp, at least this is the most likely scenario for the positions of their bodies when found.

2) I agree with the injuries being possibly consistent with an avalanche but the report states that the tent poles and a pair of ski poles were stilRussian Military in the area and involved butl upright in the snow at the camp site. You can see them in the photos during the recovery. The other part of this was they all were able to flee which means no one was trapped, again not consistent with an avalache.

3) The small scavenger theory is possible for the eyes but the report also says the Lyudmila Dubininas stomach had a good amount of blood which they contribute to her being alive when the tongue went "missing". No critter did that if she were alive.

I do agree they all most likely perished as a result of hypothermia because they were stuck in the elements as it were but they were forced into that position by something, I have no personal theory on this because it seems all the theories have holes in them.

I do lean toward the theory that the Russian military was involved, just don't understand why their footprints weren't found.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: pale5218

Strangenesses in this case only don't terminate in death of group. After all bodies were found, a funeral very strange looked. Two participants of group: Zolotarev and Krivonishchenko, contrary to will of relatives buried on other cemetery though on a monument the grave of all group has their photos and names. Actually bodies of these two in a grave weren't.

By the way Zolotarev possessed that camera which wasn't found.

You want to know, who the owner of a cemetery on whom Krivonishchenko and Zolotarev were buried?

edit on C2015bpmSunday3118 by Cobalt18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
A fascinating mystery that I've wondered about for ages. There is another great resource in the form of a podcast called Astonishing Legends. They did a two part series on Dyatlov Pass, covering many of the angles discussed here and more. It also humanized these nine people that died tragically. Something that I had not seen successfully done previously. I recommend giving it a listen.

Here's a link to the first episode. Check out their resource links as well- that's where I downloaded all the photos including the sad but intriguing post mortem images.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobalt18

I did know it was not all within the incident itself, there was the burials like you said. As I recall they were buried on Government Property which leads to a hypothesis by some that this was a rendezvous of some sort. Smuggling information over the Urals but it went bad.

That being said, the lead investigator did quit or resign before the final report which adds to the Military/Government involvement.

There is info still locked up that hasn't made it to the public, maybe some day.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: akajomiha

Thanks for that akajomiha, I'll listen to it to refresh my memory and see if I hear anything I have not heard before

Peace

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: pale5218

Great post. You nailed a lot of the arguments against hypothermia, scavengers eating the tongues and eyes, etc.

This is far from a cut and dry case.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: pale5218

Thanks for that akajomiha, I'll listen to it to refresh my memory and see if I hear anything I have not heard before

Peace

No problem! I had assumed going into it that I wouldn't be hearing anything I hadn't heard before. They did legitimate research though, and a few things were brought to light that I'd never heard. Hope you get something out of it as well.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

So you are saying: Russian bread never gets moldy?

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I listened to both parts of the podcast. I did hear something that was new to me and it had to do with Semen Zolotarev, the one individual out of the entire bunch that was different. He was older than all the others and and was a WWII vet.
The fact that he joined the group at the last possible time to join, is what I did not know. When he ask to go with them, no one actually knew him but he was able to win them over with an outgoing personality and they all felt comfortable with him.

If there was a plot to rendezvous with possible intelligence agents, he would be the one that would seem to be suspect. He was supposed to travel with an earlier expedition but that didn't happen so he asked to join this group.

The idea behind the rendezvous was to deliver contaminated material (radio active clothing) so it could be tested to see how far the Russians were progressing with their nuclear development. This was the explanation for some of the clothing having higher than normal radiation.

Listening to the podcast re-sparked the intrigue in this case. I would really like to know what the lead investigator was keeping out of the report.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken didn't the investigators find written in one of the woman's journal something to the effect of 'now we know for sure the wildman exists'.Also when they developed film found in one of their cameras there was a image of a hairy bi-pēd peering at them from between 2 trees. i know they said this on a TV show about the incident.True or not,I don't know.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears
I have been reading about this for years. This is what I think happened:
They set down for the night. They saved their best canned food for the last day. They cooked the aromatic food on their stove, alerting every predator animal for a mile with that scent. I think the burned girl was attempting to sleep next to the stove again(as the journal said she did prior). I think they all took off their footwear to allow it to dry out next to the stove. As they all began to fall asleep, a very large Bear (attracted by the scent of the food) came into the tent for it. When it came in, it walked on the people in their bedrolls causing the broken ribs. I think the Bear stood on them while it attacked their exposed faces. Like any other animal, a Bear will go for the throat. But due to the fact they fashioned a pillow of sorts, their heads were pushed forward and down, where the Bear gouged their eyes and face(missing jaw/tongue). Some of the party cut their way out and escaped while the Bear ate the food, and attacked some the trapped Campers. The girl with the burned clothing and missing tongue must have pushed against the stove trying to escape. They made their way to the Cedar Tree and made a fire thinking it would keep the Bear away, but the Bear came back. They died on the ground and also tried to get up the tree(and was pulled down by the Bear) and the reminder tried to escape toward the ravine and tried a last ditch effort at a snow cave and died from exposure.
I am from Michigan, where I am familiar with Bear Hunting. Bears are nasty. They are as smart as a 12 old child. They are also vindictive. When you try to hunt them, they will try to hunt you, by ensnaring you in an Ambush.
The picture of the supposed Bigfoot? Probably a Bear on two feet reconnoitering their camp. It went away waiting for a while until dark when it smelled the food and came back. In Michigan, we have small Bears, and it is not unusual for them to get to 600 Lbs. Russian Bears are much Bigger. As far as the Radiation? The Soviet Government was always testing Nuclear Weapons, so Radiation was over the place.
My favorite parts of this story, are the embellishments the Soviet Officials added to explain it all: UFO's, Bigfoot, American Spies, Ghosts, and other exotic theories. They just should not have been out there without guns.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

So you are saying: Russian bread never gets moldy?

Mold has NOTHING to ergotism.
It is caused by Claviceps purpurea's spores that contain lyzergids, ergotamine and so on.

Still - why there was zero such cases in village where bread was probably bought?
edit on 19-10-2015 by xoenneox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: EHowardHuntClub

I don't think that scenario is plausible for many reasons.

There was absolutely no signs in the tent would point to any animal or for that matter, any struggle. The other thing to consider which is the same reason I don't think it was an avalanche, if they were severely hurt and it happened in the vicinity of the tent, they most likely would have never made it that far away from the camp site. Whatever caused the injuries, happened away from the tent area.

If there was a bear or any such animal attacking them, I would think there would be lacerations on the bodies but the puzzling aspect to significant injuries, such as the crushed ribs, was they were caused without damage to the tissue.

The stove they carried wasn't assembled that day, so the aroma and the burned face pieces don't fit. No tracks were found near the tent, by the cedar tree or in the ravine area.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

no matter how i look at it none of the theories make total sense to me

what about you?

edit*
apparently there are a ton of threads on this already. sorry about that. when i search the site i never get anything but when i search the incident+abovetopsecret i get a bunch.
either way....its cool

Thanks for bringing this up, it is one of my favorites too. What becomes frustrating is knowing all the possible theories can work but yet they all have holes in them making them not so plausible.

I do think that the real answer is there but we haven't seen all the evidence. I truly believe some info has been kept from the public and only a select few knew the total story. It's too bad the families of these kids never knew the reason, they must have gone trough agony trying to make sense of it.

Anyways, thanks again. Do you have any particular theory that stands above the others as as the answer?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
The entirety of this incident has been thoroughly explored and explained in rational, natural terms with no need for ghosts or Yeti or any of that. There was no radiation either. That was added later as the story passed around the internet. It's spooky because of the way it happened and the isolation, but there wasn't anything at play beyond natural and explainable forces.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Cool article exploring many theories, including infrasound: amnationalistcouncil.wordpress.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join