It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dyatlov Pass incident...thoughts

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Thanks for posting! Love this story. It's almost Lovecraftian

The only sad part? There is a limited body of evidence. I am not sure if we will ever coax out the truth of what happened.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

You're right that (unless the Ruskies know something they are hiding) we will never, ever know what actually happened.

As frustrating as that is, it is one of the reasons that I have been so fascinated by this incident for years. It is completely wide open. There is really nothing to debunk because there really aren't any solid theories.

Chaos at the site.

People running for their lives, cutting holes in their tents and dashing out unclothed.

Experienced hikers.

Lights in the sky reported in the area at the time.

Odd (alleged) journal entries.

Bizarre injuries.

Radioactive traces (although it is my understanding that a plausible reason is the elements in the wicks in the lanterns of the day may possibly account for part of that).

This thing really has everything except solid, grounded theories. That's why for years this has captivated me.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

If you are at all interested in this then you should read it sooner rather than later. While I, like many others, have been attracted to this story because of the exotic nature, you know, could have been bigfoot, could have been UFO related... I think the book I referenced brings all the facts together into a logical explanation that was, while not as appealing as the mysterious explanations to some, the most likely to have actually occurred. Yeah, it kind of let me down on some level, but it just makes sense.

On another note, the book also talks about the photo that supposedly shows a "bigfoot" and does nothing to discredit that hypothesis as far as I can remember, so I guess that could have been involved too. Like someone else said, I guess we'll never know all the details of the true story. Haha, looking back, I guess that was you who said that...

edit on 10/16/2015 by wtbengineer because: to add

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Funny this thread came up, as I had time to waste yesterday and watched Devil's Pass (and if you have some time you want to kill and really want to drive your head into a desk over poor cinematography, I encourage you to watch it!)

It is an interesting mystery, but I think the worldly aspect provided seem to be the most logical. Such as military testing (this was during the cold war era...it's certainly a logical thought), or slab avalanche. It was 1959, a few years before the Tsar Bomba (1961) and the Cuban Missile Crisis (1962); and after the cease fire of the Korean War (1953). I think military exercises may be a really good scenario, possibly mixed with consequential impacts such as military exercises causing a natural response.

It seems to fit the profile since some documents about the case are still not released. Though, the value of those documents may simply be for personal preservation and not because there's anything odd about them.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

I am absolutely interested and I absolutely want to read that book. (To be candid, I have a stack of books I have been trying to read but with a 4 year old....).

As you eluded to, I know that I am going to be disappointed because, in the end, it is likely that nothing "supernatural" or "Cryptozooilogical" happened.... but more likely an insane string of remarkably unlikely events took place. I always like to receive bad/disappointing news rather than no news at all.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

It's funny you mention this incident as when I woke this morning for some strange it was on my mind as to what could have possibly happened to them.
I guess after watching the green inferno last night might have influenced my brain somehow.

I think this is in the realms of the missing 411 incidents without the people actually missing,find the answer to the 411 mysteries and I think you will the same answer.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

edit on 16-10-2015 by southbeach because: Doble post

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
There is an interesting website about the Dyatlov pass mystery, very atmospheric, even has creepy music and full page pictures with text superimosed.

If you go into the comments section there are a few links that may be of interest to you also.

Have fun.

Dyatlov pass presentation website

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I guess we will never really know, however forgotten languages seems to have a theory on a "fungi-induced psychotic break"
although it is little more than a title and some pictures.

I think the most interesting part is the radiation, but weather or not this goes all the way back to the original source or was added at a later date seems to be up for debate. I can not find much in the way of references but it is suggest on a few websites that the radiation was minor surface contamination at best.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Two guys in underwear and it's assumed one of them (not both?) climbed a tree. Well, what if a creature of some kind was up the tree? Cutting the top of the tent makes sense if something outside is spooking them and they want to have a look. Perhaps something was trying to get into the tent (something with hands,) and in a state of panic (unsure to attempt to run or wait for the predator to enter their tent) they cut their way out and ran off in different directions. Why in their underwear? If the predator came for their tent and tried to get in they may have been too scared for their lives to dress. So, some made it further than others. The creature pursued...but for my theory to hold water it couldn't have been a mere physical creature, but something supernatural, that did not leave prints behind.

There is no escaping the supernatural here in my opinion. Yet, they don't match any supernatural attacks I've ever read about. It's possible that something supernatural manifested and attacked them. This would be unlike any force I know about, though. Wonder if they were foolish enough to experiment with contacting the spirit world there?

What is clear to me: 1) It's supernatural 2) Something was at the tent exit and scared them out, most likely after waking them 3) It's unexplainable by current human means (science, logic, etc.)

It seems to me the two guys killed in their underwear, not far from the tent, were probably the ones awoken and attacked there. Perhaps the other group had moved on instead of staying behind, desperate to escape what was spooking them. It would be impossible to say which group would have been attacked first.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
Two guys in underwear and it's assumed one of them (not both?) climbed a tree. Well, what if a creature of some kind was up the tree? Cutting the top of the tent makes sense if something outside is spooking them and they want to have a look. Perhaps something was trying to get into the tent (something with hands,) and in a state of panic (unsure to attempt to run or wait for the predator to enter their tent) they cut their way out and ran off in different directions. Why in their underwear? If the predator came for their tent and tried to get in they may have been too scared for their lives to dress. So, some made it further than others. The creature pursued...but for my theory to hold water it couldn't have been a mere physical creature, but something supernatural, that did not leave prints behind.

There is no escaping the supernatural here in my opinion. Yet, they don't match any supernatural attacks I've ever read about. It's possible that something supernatural manifested and attacked them. This would be unlike any force I know about, though. Wonder if they were foolish enough to experiment with contacting the spirit world there?

What is clear to me: 1) It's supernatural 2) Something was at the tent exit and scared them out, most likely after waking them 3) It's unexplainable by current human means (science, logic, etc.)

It seems to me the two guys killed in their underwear, not far from the tent, were probably the ones awoken and attacked there. Perhaps the other group had moved on instead of staying behind, desperate to escape what was spooking them. It would be impossible to say which group would have been attacked first.

You obviously enjoy watching sc-fi movies. None of what you insist happened actually occurred.
There was no evidence of any kind of beast or entity attacking, or stalking the people.
You need to do some actual research into the story instead of watching 5 minute YouTube videos with titles such as "5 Unexplained events in the snow!".

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
There is an interesting website about the Dyatlov pass mystery, very atmospheric, even has creepy music and full page pictures with text superimosed.

If you go into the comments section there are a few links that may be of interest to you also.

Have fun.

Dyatlov pass presentation website

Seconding this. Dyatlov was a MAJOR obsession in my last relationship, we read anything we could find about it and discussed it intensely and frequently, and this was the best source we ever found.
Possibly not the most scientifically rigorous, but damn, the use of their actual photography is chilling.
I was hoping someone was going to post it because i lost the bookmark when i lost everything else.
Thanks many.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

Relax my friend, I was just speculating.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

It is a very well made site, and I am glad I could help you find it again.

There are a few interesting links in the commentary section too.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears
Weird stuff happens sometimes...Nuff said.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I am fascinated by this case.
No time to write more at this moment, but here are two links that made me curious:

Valery Uvarov:
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
Mansi legends, ufo myths...
www.world-mysteries.com...

Also, have you ever heard about similar case that occured not far from that area including dissapearance of russian geologists?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Id say it was probably very hungry bear.

Cutting the tents from the inside doesn't make any sense. Why would they do that? A bears claw seems a far more likely cause of the tears in the side of the tents.

There's no question they were frightened out of their tents by something menacing.
But the broken bones etc could be explained by falling against a rock or something during the escape. And the sound of their frightened screaming could easily have scared a lone bear away, leaving their freezing bodies to the raptors and crows who could easily take out the eyes and tongue of a dead man with their beaks.

I think it has just been sensationalised to sell books, but like most things there is a rational explanation behind it.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   
strange lights, radiation, broken bones and missing tissue is very common with abductions and cattle mutilations.

radiation apparently comes from the ufo itself (see the famous hill story).

broken bones may be from dropping the body back to the earth after examination and happens time and again.

the hikers mention the snow man. yetis, big foots etc. often come together with ufos, as rukia said. they show some paranormal behaviour like morphing as if they were transdimensional.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   
The weird thing about the whole incident is the condition the bodies were in.

Apparently they had all aged and were orange looking.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Business is opened long ago, there is an official version, there are not official. The only version explaining the radioactivity, strange injuries of bodies, chronology and an arrangement of corpses exists, but it isn't convenient to all. You probably didn't even hear about it. In it no, not the yeti, military tests a deity of the people of Muncie. And naturally there is no the crazy avalanche slipping on almost horizontal plane.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join