It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dyatlov Pass incident...thoughts

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
this is quickly turning into one of my favorite conspiracies...

what do you all think of this one?

en.wikipedia.org...

The Dyatlov Pass incident was an event that resulted in the deaths of nine hikers in the northern Ural Mountains on the night of February 2, 1959. The incident happened on the eastern side of Kholat Syakhl. Since then, the mountain pass where the incident occurred has been called Dyatlov Pass after the group's leader, Igor Dyatlov. Investigators determined that the skiers had torn their tents from the inside out in order to escape from an apparent threat. They fled the campsite, some of them barefoot, under heavy snowfall. Although the bodies showed no signs of struggle, such as contusions, two victims had fractured skulls and broken ribs. Soviet authorities determined that an "unknown compelling force" had caused the deaths; access to the region was consequently blocked for hikers and adventurers for three years after the incident. Due to the lack of survivors, the chronology of events remains uncertain, although several theories exist, some involving a possible avalanche, a military accident, or a hostile encounter with extraterrestrial life

this is a really cool story and there are several theories.

one theory is they got rocked with an avalanche. im not buying that as their tent was cut open from the inside. searchers found a bunch of foot prints.
i dont think the nature of their wounds match up with that theory either. they had major internal injuries like broken ribs and such but no soft tissue damage. i guess the lack of tissue damage would be possible but i would think if they got hit with an avalanche at least one of the bodies would be kind of twisted up. bones poking through the skin or something.
another interesting point is one of the bodies was missing the eyes and tongue. a couple of the bodies had high levels of radiation. a few of them were nearly naked.

its like something scared the # out of them and they cut open the tent and hauled ass.
other theories are

aliens
military experiment such as parachute mines
some kind of infrasound vortex
a yeti/bigfoot creature called the almas

no matter how i look at it none of the theories make total sense to me

what about you?

edit*
apparently there are a ton of threads on this already. sorry about that. when i search the site i never get anything but when i search the incident+abovetopsecret i get a bunch.
either way....its cool
edit on 16-10-2015 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

First heard about this a few years ago. Fascinated by it. I saw a decent documentary about this (I believe in Netflix) about a year ago. They went over there and uncovered some interesting things. Nothing concrete, of course, but some strange journal entries

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I remember watching a docu about this incident. Very interesting!
I go with the theory that something woke them up (that accounts for some of them being naked and no shoes etc), and whatever it was, it frightened them so much that they tore open their tents and ran!

What could be that frightening?
Its quicker to go out the entrance of the tent than it would be trying to cut your way out. Only immense fear would cause a person to try to....run through a wall, because that what it appears they did.

I wonder if they ate any wild mushrooms? A bad trip could cause that behavior.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

And the injuries were so bizarre. How do you have bones broken with no bruising whatsoever?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Yeah,like mentioned above I've seen docus about this.The latest docu had a pic of a tall like figure taken by one of the skiers.But who know's?,the Russians/like the U.S edit**or all countries are notorious for covering up Shi*...Definitely thought provoking though.
edit on 16-10-2015 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

And the injuries were so bizarre. How do you have bones broken with no bruising whatsoever?

Dead before the break occurred?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
This case always fascinated the hell out of me and left me with many questions.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I don't have enough biological knowledge to know if that would make a difference so I couldn't even make a guess.

edit on 16-10-2015 by eluryh22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Double post. Sorry

edit on 16-10-2015 by eluryh22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

Dead before the break occurred?

How about, the body was twisted in so much pain that it broke it's own bones... in muscle contractions.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: greydaze
Yeah,like mentioned above I've seen docus about this.The latest docu had a pic of a tall like figure taken by one of the skiers.But who know's?,the Russians/like the U.S edit**or all countries are notorious for covering up Shi*...Definitely thought provoking though.

YES! I think we may have seen the same documentary.

The journal entry.... "blah blah blah THE SNOWMAN IS REAL."..... is that the one?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I still think the best solution to this mystery is to be found in A Complelling Unknown Force by Clark Wilkins. He theorizes that it was because of a faulty stove ventilation design that caused the tent to be filled with smoke. I don't remember all the specifics now, but it was a good read and made a lot of sense.
edit on 10/16/2015 by wtbengineer because: punctuation

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer
Just added that to the list of books I want to read but probably wont get to for a while.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22
Yep.Star*.. I think it was.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

It's a wild story, to be sure, and no clear answers have ever been presented. The injuries, and the other evidence, make it clear something attacked these people. Who, or what we may never know. I wonder what looking for DNA might have turned up, had they had the capability then.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
There is a movie on Netflix about this incident called "Devil's Pass". It was actually really good (to me at least).

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

originally posted by: greydaze

YES! I think we may have seen the same documentary.

The journal entry.... "blah blah blah THE SNOWMAN IS REAL."..... is that the one?

Do you remember what this was called? Would love to check it out! There is a movie on Netflix that I sal, Devil's Pass, I think i the name, but I haven't seen the documentary.

Love the avatar, btw, and hear his voice when reading your posts!

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

I wonder if they ate any wild mushrooms? A bad trip could cause that behavior.

i doubt it. i dont think mushrooms grow in snow.
least i dont think

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
There is a movie on Netflix about this incident called "Devil's Pass". It was actually really good (to me at least).

Seen it! was great actually

That aside

The story is fascinating........radiation, clothes missing, broken and bruised, so very very bizarre

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
My best guess is it was some kind of yeti/bigfoot/sasquatch. And, if you didn't know already--those things apparently correlate with UFO sightings. Basically, things like this are nephilim. It's a fascinating case, and since I haven't been there or anything my opinion is as good as the next. But yeah it doesn't sound like mushrooms (they don't grow in snow)--they were there for educational reasons, anyway.

I know my opinion probably isn't going to be a popular one, but I'm sticking to it.

looking forward to seeing what others have to say.
edit on 16-10-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join